\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

05 Lotus Elise. Weekend car. Love it, thing is so compact tho.

Thats what I thought.... Corolla Motor. Itd be awesome to swap some parts and build a 200hp sleeper Corolla
laugh.gif
lol no. the reason the Lotus is fast and fun is because it weighs absolutely nothing and handles like a go cart.  a Corolla with 200hp would be no better than a everyday mom car

Thats what I thought.... Corolla Motor. Itd be awesome to swap some parts and build a 200hp sleeper Corolla :lol:
lol no. the reason the Lotus is fast and fun is because it weighs absolutely nothing and handles like a go cart.  a Corolla with 200hp would be no better than a everyday mom car

200 hp in a 2300 lb car would still be enough to surprise the hell out of most people. No way it would handle like an elise but Im talking about a city sleeper.

Just a little less than a s2k... I think around 8500

Theres no redline on the gauge but ive been told its 8500, 6000 when the car isnt warmed up.

Good looks :nthat:

Whats the response from people about the car ? On the road.... at the Gas station... in a parking lot/garage ? Does if garner a ton of attention ?

Ive seen Lambos in traffic more often than Ive seen Lotus' ... Id imagine with its extreme styling its quite the conversation starter

Last edited:
200 hp in a 2300 lb car would still be enough to surprise the hell out of most people. No way it would handle like an elise but Im talking about a city sleeper.
Corollas weigh more like 3000lbs unless your talking about like a turdy 1990 or something lol.

Last edited:
Corollas weigh more like 3000lbs unless your talking about like a turdy 1990 or something lol.

Thats exactly what Im talking about 91-01 Curb weight is 2200-2300 stripped out; you could get it down to 2000-2100. Even stock they're moderately quick compared to more powerful modern compacts due to their lightweight

Last edited:

Whats the response from people about the car ? On the road.... at the Gas station... in a parking lot/garage ? Does if garner a ton of attention ?

Ive seen Lambos in traffic more often than Ive seen Lotus' ... Id imagine with its extreme styling its quite the conversation starter

Well its definitely a head turner, i usually have people following me on the freeway, taking pictures all the time. Or just reving their engines next to me to race.

But it seems like most people have zero idea what the car is haha. Ive had people come up to me at the pump telling me thats a nice porsche,ferrari,etc ive heard it all. I assume becuase the name isnt popular here in the states? -__-

I live in northern jersey where I see expensive cars / high end cars all over the place and I've seen one lotus on the road since I've started driving in the past 10 years or so.

It was bright yellow.

There used to be a Lotus dealership up here in Paramus, not sure if it's still there.

Yea same here. i live in the San Francisco area, ive only seen/met one person with a lotus.

Last edited:

Well its definitely a head turner, i usually have people following me on the freeway, taking pictures all the time. Or just reving their engines next to me to race.

But it seems like most people have zero idea what the car is haha. Ive had people come up to me at the pump telling me thats a nice porsche,ferrari,etc ive heard it all. I assume becuase the name isnt popular here in the states? -__-

Awesome... I would rep you but Im fresh out of reps

Super cool having an obscure mystery car that the average person cant identify :smokin

Last edited:
Nice Lotus!

One guy at my old apartment complex had a Lotus...Them suckas are tiny/compact as hell. How tall are u townbidness?

Nice Lotus!

One guy at my old apartment complex had a Lotus...Them suckas are tiny/compact as hell. How tall are u townbidness?

Im average height, 5'10". I can see ppl 6'2"+ having a hard time getting in that car haha

Last edited:
Think it's time to sell my car. 

Found the same car but it's a 2005 with 112xxx and 5speed special edition for a steal. My only issue is putting my car back to stock and putting everything on the new one, then trying to sell my car. 

This might be the last shot of my car, taken today. Found it on IG today after a carshow I was at. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom