\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Cant say no the the S4 without an explanation. 
laugh.gif
maintenance nightmare

6th gear in the evo was basically an overdrive gear. I switched my MR trans out for the 5-speed gsr and haven't looked back.

Evos just own sti's in all categories. Especially if you want big power. Sti's start losing pistons and rods around the 350 whp mark. I have been running at 420+ for years.

To each his own.
Spoken like a true HATER 
laugh.gif

You and Nelson are right about the weak motor, internals for STIs are not built for 400+. But from what I heard you guys have weak transmissions, not sure though just heard that. 

BUT no Evo, I don't care what year, looks as good as a 04-07 STI.  Yes Im biased. 

Last edited:

You and Nelson are right about the weak motor, internals for STIs are not built for 400+. But from what I heard you guys have weak transmissions, not sure though just heard that. 
Not all evos, just the 6 speed MR's have weak ******s.  But then again, i was driving a 6spd MR with 400+whp and 400+wtq for almost 2 years with no issues. But i was well aware of the weak ****** reputation and wouldn't shift hard or launch it from a stop. 

Actually if i was forced to get an sti i actually like the 04 more than the 06. Not sure why.
I liked the front end of my 04 more than my 06.

Also the 06 is a bit more "tamed" then the 04 in my opinion. 

Nelson, I blew my 04 up from hard downshifting on the highway. Drove that thing into the ground.

6th gear in the evo was basically an overdrive gear. I switched my MR trans out for the 5-speed gsr and haven't looked back.

Evos just own sti's in all categories. Especially if you want big power. Sti's start losing pistons and rods around the 350 whp mark. I have been running at 420+ for years.

To each his own.
Spoken like a true HATER :lol:

BUT no Evo, I don't care what year, looks as good as a 04-07 STI.  Yes Im biased. 

i agree thats my fav gen sti :pimp:

Last edited:
+1 for the Evo although I'm a fan of the 05 STis.

Mine is my DD. 118k been on E85 and it's running smooth.

Only mods are tune, fuel pump, injectors, test and down pipe and I'm at 340whp/tq.

05 Evo RS btw.

anyone want to give me some tips when buying from a dealer?
im looking to buy a car from a dealer but i have no idea what to do, i have NEVER bought from a dealer before. by this, i mean to drop the price of a car, trying to get good interest rates etc.
i know im not supposed to tell the seller what my budget is and if a price is too high etc..
im also most likely getting a loan..so should i go talk to the bank first to see how much i can get approved for? should the bank be taking care of interest rates?
would you guys be able to help me out? im a noob
im gettin sick of driving my pos 95 gsr lol

What kind of car you are looking for again? 4 door manual AWD? Or just a AWD DD?
definitely manual and 4 doors
never owned an awd, so im very curious :evil:
and at the price range, there's really no two better options :nerd:

Get the audi a3/s3
Luxury plus aws plus turbo plus style plus hatch

Drove thru a big giant puddle today thought of u guys. It was so much fun :wow:

anyone want to give me some tips when buying from a dealer?
im looking to buy a car from a dealer but i have no idea what to do, i have NEVER bought from a dealer before. by this, i mean to drop the price of a car, trying to get good interest rates etc.
i know im not supposed to tell the seller what my budget is and if a price is too high etc..
im also most likely getting a loan..so should i go talk to the bank first to see how much i can get approved for? should the bank be taking care of interest rates?
would you guys be able to help me out? im a noob
im gettin sick of driving my pos 95 gsr lol

Find out the going rate of the car you are looking to buy so that you go into the dealership knowing exactly how much you are willing to pay for the car. kbb.com, autotrader.com, truecar.com, etc

Research your loan options. If you are getting a brand new car, check the dealer websites and many will say if they are offering promotional financing like 0% or 1%. If you are getting a used car, your best option is a credit union. So you can talk to the credit union first and get pre-approved for the car loan before going to the dealer.

Bring a calculator. Run the numbers while they are "talking to the manager". Take your time and don't rush. Discuss total numbers and not dollar amount of payments. If they give you the dollar amount of payments, stop them and pull out your calculator and multiply the number of payments by the amount of payments to get the total you will be paying for the car.

Last edited:
If you're young(er) do your haggling over the phone.

When I went to showrooms the salesmen "can get sticker price" when I looked up TrueCar and offered a little under over the phone I got $8K off sticker (almost 20% off).

Just let it be known that you want to buy the car today but can walk because you don't need it. You have the money so you call the shots, don't let parlor tricks make you think otherwise

Last edited:
Find out the going rate of the car you are looking to buy so that you go into the dealership knowing exactly how much you are willing to pay for the car. kbb.com, autotrader.com, truecar.com, etc

Research your loan options. If you are getting a brand new car, check the dealer websites and many will say if they are offering promotional financing like 0% or 1%. If you are getting a used car, your best option is a credit union. So you can talk to the credit union first and get pre-approved for the car loan before going to the dealer.

Bring a calculator. Run the numbers while they are "talking to the manager". Take your time and don't rush. Discuss total numbers and not dollar amount of payments. If they give you the dollar amount of payments, stop them and pull out your calculator and multiply the number of payments by the amount of payments to get the total you will be paying for the car.

yup I have a few used cars in mind that I am looking to buy. however I am slimming down the list so I can feel more "fit" for the car so i wanna say my budget would be around 15k

since im going for a used car, would I have to stick with the percentage my credit union is going to give me? or would they try their best to give me a lower percentage? (depending on the loan of course)

what do you mean by total numbers?
i appreciate the help! thanks

My tips for buying at a dealer:

Get your own financing.Talk to the banks yourself, see what rates you can get.

Research what other people are paying. Look on some forums. There may be a dealer willing to offer a vehicle at invoice or below, no questions asked. This is the case on many Mopar forums. They have dealers as sponsors, and you can do a purchase through the telephone and have the dealer ship you the vehicle. (new vehicles only)

Dont be afraid to walk out if you dont like what the dealer is offering.

Good luck!

Last edited:
^^^yes i have heard about people just walking out and declining what the dealer has to offer. i definitely will not let my guard down as they are trying to rip me off lol
i will be making calls out to the few dealers to talk about pricing to see if it will be worth my trip since these dealers would be 10-25miles from where i stay.

^^^yes i have heard about people just walking out and declining what the dealer has to offer. i definitely will not let my guard down as they are trying to rip me off lol
i will be making calls out to the few dealers to talk about pricing to see if it will be worth my trip since these dealers would be 10-25miles from where i stay.

Just walking out and not letting them haggle you is your best weapon. My pops did this and for a whole week the dealer kept calling him basically giving the car to him for lower than what he wanted.

yup I have a few used cars in mind that I am looking to buy. however I am slimming down the list so I can feel more "fit" for the car so i wanna say my budget would be around 15k

since im going for a used car, would I have to stick with the percentage my credit union is going to give me? or would they try their best to give me a lower percentage? (depending on the loan of course)

what do you mean by total numbers?
i appreciate the help! thanks

You can shop around banks and credit unions and don't have to stick with the percentage your credit union gives you but the credit union will most likely have the best rate.

When I say total numbers, what dealers sometimes try to do when you finance through them is say "I can do $300/mo over 2 years ($7,200) or we can lower your payments by offering you $200/mo over 5 years ($12,000)"

Since you are going through a credit union, you don't have to worry about that, you can just talk total price out the door.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom