\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Last night this POS Mazda Miata pulled up next to me at a stoplight, starting revving his engine and as soon as it hit green, FLOORED IT.  I swear this happens to me all the time, and it's mostly cars along the same lines as the Miata.  Do they think they're doing it?  

Last night this POS Mazda Miata pulled up next to me at a stoplight, starting revving his engine and as soon as it hit green, FLOORED IT.  I swear this happens to me all the time, and it's mostly cars along the same lines as the Miata.  Do they think they're doing it?  
was it a stock miata? I own one but its lowered so i ride hella slow. i encounter idiots in old *** non vtec auto - hondas that typically want to rev their engines and speed off in my area :lol:

Last edited:
The thing was purple with a racing stripe.  I guess my question is, why do people do it ? ?  Just because I drive an Audi, does he feel the need to prove himself?  I know somebody here has done that and can explain the thought process behind this...come out from underneath your Miata/Civic seats...

The thing was purple with a racing stripe.  I guess my question is, why do people do it ? ?  Just because I drive an Audi, does he feel the need to prove himself?  I know somebody here has done that and can explain the thought process behind this...come out from underneath your Miata/Civic seats...
nooooo not the pin stripe :lol: :smh: dude was probably salty, i mean his car is purple :lol:

Last edited:

just copped 06' 65k 6mt w navi :smokin

Trading your car in to a dealership is the dumbest thing you could ever do.

Far from it.

If your car is in rough shape and you don't want to clean it up and save the hassle of selling it privately, trading it in is your best option. 90% of the time the dealer doesn't even look at the car and they have arrangements with brokers so your car is already sold before you even officially trade it in.

Stop living in a box when it comes to your outlook on leases, trade-ins, etc.

If your car is in rough shape and you don't want to clean it up and save the hassle of selling it privately, trading it in is your best option. 90% of the time the dealer doesn't even look at the car and they have arrangements with brokers so your car is already sold before you even officially trade it in.

Stop living in a box when it comes to your outlook on leases, trade-ins, etc.
What? i think you have me confused with someone else, i have never commented on Leases or Trade-ins in this thread.

But, i did work at a car dealership for almost 5 years, there is no situation where you are getting a good deal by trading your car into a dealership over selling it private party.  The only justification is that some people just don't have time or don't want to deal with selling a car by themselves.

It was a general comment but I think the key takeaway is that for some people (mostly business owners and executives), time is worth more than money so they don't care about losing a few G's on their trade-in if it means not having to deal with it.

People on this forum are generally stuck with a poverty mentality and think that everyone else has the same mentality, hence all these stupid blanket statements about how leasing is bad, trading into the dealership is bad, etc. Again, this is a general comment and not directed to anyone in particular.

Yea all multi-millionaires lease their private cars. General statement

:lol: :smh:

Last edited:
It's not a poverty statement to rather sell your car privately and get more money than trading it to a dealership. It's called being smart. Not everyone is some millionaire who doesn't have the time in the world to sell a car. So everyone on Craigslist should take their cars off there and go straight to the dealership?

Who said anything about having to be a millionaire? For some people, their time is simply worth more than money. People with a poverty mentality usually can't grasp this concept because they trade their time for money as a way to make a living.

Basic stuff.

It's not a poverty statement to rather sell your car privately and get more money than trading it to a dealership. It's called being smart. Not everyone is some millionaire who doesn't have the time in the world to sell a car. So everyone on Craigslist should take their cars off there and go straight to the dealership?

The more you have the cheaper you get. Poverty mentality is wasting money. I.e: leasing your dream car to say you own it. Don't listen to some guy on the Internet who doesn't know about money management.

couple questions though, how big of a hit on quality are you taking if you buy BBS RS reps over an authentic set?

and where online is a good spot for OEM wheels? there's a Pick A Part like 5 min away but I need a backup in case I can't find these CL and Saab wheels in good shape.

The more you have the cheaper you get. Poverty mentality is wasting money. I.e: leasing your dream car to say you own it. Don't listen to some guy on the Internet who doesn't know about money management.
Whats wrong with leasing again? 
eyes.gif

I get it, selling privately opposed to dealership is obviously better, but theres a lot of work to that. People pay for convenience.

Back
Top Bottom