\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Plastidip is cool for emblems, accents, and wheels. Don't dip your entire car unless you have the same skill as my man Fonzi @ dipyourcar.com. :lol: i've seen plenty of dipped cars and ***** look terrible.

Last edited:
If you want to spend more money or don't like the plastidip look, go with the powder coating or wrapping route

wrapping is not as expensive as powder coating if I'm not mistaken

Plasti-dip looks cheap as **** in my opinion. i think its cool that people can use it to see if they like a certain color on rims before spending the money on powdercoat, but people plasti dipping their rims and leaving it like that is 
mean.gif
.  And then you got the people that do their emblems, grill, bumpers, mirrors, door handles, roof, interior trim, steering wheel, E-Brake, shift knob, hell maybe even the windows 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Have you driven it in the snow? Curious as to how it handles since it's RWD.
My 92' sc300 covered in snow

Terrible went too fast turning left and started sliding life flashed before my eyes. Accelerating from a stop might result in a fish tail

Those cars just look trashy to me.  And i guarantee in person it looks like crap compared to how it looks in those pictures. To each his own though
why so salty
laugh.gif
I'm "salty" because i think a real paint job looks better than covering your car in some cheap rubberized crap out of an aerosol can? 

Sorry, i just see it as the ultimate high school kid car modification

Plasti-dip looks cheap as **** in my opinion. i think its cool that people can use it to see if they like a certain color on rims before spending the money on powdercoat, but people plasti dipping their rims and leaving it like that is :smh: .  And then you got the people that do their emblems, grill, bumpers, mirrors, door handles, roof, interior trim, steering wheel, E-Brake, shift knob, hell maybe even the windows :lol:  

:rolleyes

when i had mine dipped, i had legit card heads thinking mine were powder coated. but then again, i had my friend do it and hes a pro at it :lol:

do it right and it looks good especially on the right car and rims.

Those cars just look trashy to me.  And i guarantee in person it looks like crap compared to how it looks in those pictures. To each his own though

why so salty :lol:
I'm "salty" because i think a real paint job looks better than covering your car in some cheap rubberized crap out of an aerosol can? 

Sorry, i just see it as the ultimate high school kid car modification

obv wraps or a real paint job looks better nobody is denying that
ive never used plastidip on my car :lol: but people who plastidip do it for fun/to experiment we just appreciate it when it comes out good :smokin

Last edited:

at least do a wrap then instead of plasti-dip
For real, in person those cars do not look like the pics more than likely. I wouldnt be surprised if those pics were all taken right after the job was done or less than a couple days after. Once you drive it for a while it wont look that good. 

I would dip emblems, stock wheels (on some cars), maybe dash trim and stuff like that but never the whole car.

has anyone done a clear bra for the front of their car? how long does it usually last? is it visible under certain lights? how is maintenance? do you just wash it the same?

Last edited:
Obviously wraps are better but cmon, were going through the same argument. Theres just a little bit of satisfaction when you DIY (plastidip). Looks good, cheap, reversible, "why not".

has anyone done a clear bra for the front of their car? how long does it usually last? is it visible under certain lights? how is maintenance? do you just wash it the same?
I was going to ask about this for bumpers.  I want to protect mine from the inevitable idiots who can't parallel park and will nick the **** out of my bumpers, I had looked into it and found EndDings. Obviouslt it would need to be applied to the points and corners that are most likely touched but I was curious if anyone has experience with anything like this.  I'd rather not get one of those terrible Bumper Bullies/Blockers/whatever.

I was going to ask about this for bumpers.  I want to protect mine from the inevitable idiots who can't parallel park and will nick the **** out of my bumpers, I had looked into it and found EndDings. Obviouslt it would need to be applied to the points and corners that are most likely touched but I was curious if anyone has experience with anything like this.  I'd rather not get one of those terrible Bumper Bullies/Blockers/whatever.
rock chips :x

Back
Top Bottom