\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

i have an 07 mazda6 about 110k miles

had to get a tire changed the other day. decided to get 2 and replace the most worn out one, they recommended i put the new ones in the rear. as soon as i pull off the steering wheel starts going crazy, like shaking left and right, up and down and if i let go it drifts pretty strongly to the right. i used to be able to control the wheel with the tip of my finger but now theres some actual pressure from it drifting. I NEVER felt anything like that until they changed the tires

My dad brought it back and they told him its the ball joints, and now i have to replace all 4 because apparently on this car its all connected..

What do you guys think? its gonna be like $1400

What do you guys think? its gonna be like $1400

Sounds like they did a poor job and damaged your ride, there's no way the car could drive worse after new tires vs. before....

Changing a tire doesn't involve the ball joints, just removing the rim and then lugging it back on...unless they were messing with the alignment?

what kind of place did you go to? I strictly do tire work at costco since the warranty is great..
that sounds fishy

I think the X can pull off the wingless look pretty well, not so much the viii and ix though, imo
Overall wing on is definitely the way to go

I would say Cadillac CTS-V is currently the best bang for buck on the market. The GTR was the best deal when it debuted, but the prices have gone up nearly 30% since then. When the R-35 debuted it cost a mere 69K, now its over 100k. While the GTR does provide better performance numbers than most "true" exotics, I would say that at under 65K the 2014 CTS-V is a better deal for the money.

That's an excellent point. I think all things considered, I'd have to agree with you.

My correct lug bolts are coming tomorrow. any of you guys ever use a torque wrench to put them on? I bought one, but have no idea how to use it lol. Do I have to buy a specific socket or something that goes on the bolts or should my car already have one in the trunk or something?

BTW if i did ever ditch the wing, i would be going with this trunk, i wouldn't be leaving the stock trunk

dsc7815.jpg

I would say Cadillac CTS-V is currently the best bang for buck on the market. The GTR was the best deal when it debuted, but the prices have gone up nearly 30% since then. When the R-35 debuted it cost a mere 69K, now its over 100k. While the GTR does provide better performance numbers than most "true" exotics, I would say that at under 65K the 2014 CTS-V is a better deal for the money.

That's an excellent point. I think all things considered, I'd have to agree with you.

My correct lug bolts are coming tomorrow. any of you guys ever use a torque wrench to put them on? I bought one, but have no idea how to use it lol. Do I have to buy a specific socket or something that goes on the bolts or should my car already have one in the trunk or something?
find the torque specs for you're car there usually between 40 to 80 foot pounds .to use the torque wrench you just use a socket that fits the.lugs I assume you have a socket wrench set

i use one every time. just spin the handle to the torque your car calls for (i do 80 on mine).

Depending on what Lug nuts you bought, they might come with their own socket (my Volk lugnuts came with a nice ultra thin socket) but if not just find a regular socket that fits them.

Last edited:
My car uses lug bolts instead of nuts. I'm assuming that doesn't really make a difference, but I looked up the torque requirement and it says 96.

I did buy a socket set recently, but haven't even opened it up yet. Hopefully one of those fits. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

My car uses lug bolts instead of nuts. I'm assuming that doesn't really make a difference, but I looked up the torque requirement and it says 96.

I did buy a socket set recently, but haven't even opened it up yet. Hopefully one of those fits. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Yea it's still gonna be the same procedure. 96 it is then.

i've never had a Benz but i would assume its going to be somewhere around a 17mmto 19mm socket for those lug bolts

Last edited:
Just looked that up too and apparently it's 17mm. Last question I guess...once I set and lock it and it starts clicking once it's reached the tightening limit...do I have to reset the weight everytime? I was messing around with it and it would start clicking, but then I'd look at the weight and it would have gone up. That didn't seem right so I'm guessing I didn't actually lock it even though I thought I did.

Just looked that up too and apparently it's 17mm. Last question I guess...once I set and lock it and it starts clicking once it's reached the tightening limit...do I have to reset the weight everytime? I was messing around with it and it would start clicking, but then I'd look at the weight and it would have gone up. That didn't seem right so I'm guessing I didn't actually lock it even though I thought I did.
nah you don't have to reset it every time you tighten a bolt it should click twice when you use it once when you hit you're torque number then again when you let off the bolt

Can I ask what everyone's thoughts are of the new Honda Accord Sport?

I know it ain't an m3 or da hemi.

I'm thinking of picking one up after my loans are paid off this year.

Obviously, I would love a sports car, but it takes me an hour to get to work every day through stop and go traffic. My current Accord is a BEAST in terms of gas mileage even in these conditions (I fill up once a week after putting in 380-400 miles during the week ). I'm just tired of having an old car :lol: (it's a 2003)
2003 ain't that bad :lol:.

I have a 97 integra right now with 219, XXX miles on it. My brother has my 2009 civic...I would love the new accord :\ -- Thinking about it.

Or just get one in a few years...

Anyone on here running the flowmaster outlaw axle back ?? If so do you like it? I ordered it for my Camaro

Back
Top Bottom