\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Mopar Scat Pack kits preserve Chrysler Group warranty
Posted on April 4th, 2014 • by Bill Cawthon

Dodge-ScatPack3-Duo-Web
Dodge Challenger and Charger owners can get a bit more punch from the 5.7-liter HEMI Dodge with the Mopar Scat Pack performance stage kits first shown at the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas last November.

Now the folks in Auburn Hills are making the deal even sweeter: adding a Scat Pack won’t void the Chrysler vehicle warranty.

In an industry first for such high-level OEM performance modifications, the original factory warranty will be maintained on 2014 Dodge Challengers and Chargers modified with any of the three Scat Pack kits if they are installed by an authorized dealer.

“The Scat Pack factory stage kits can help boost 5.7-liter HEMI performance up to an additional 58 horsepower and 47 lb.-ft. of torque, allowing Dodge enthusiasts to extract the maximum performance from their vehicles without the fear and guesswork typically associated with modifying late-model vehicles,” said Tim Kuniskis, Dodge brand President and CEO. “And now with a warranty guarantee, they can do so with the peace of mind that their manufacturer’s warranty remains intact.”

“The new Scat Pack kits reinforce our commitment to the performance arena,” said Mopar CEO Pietro Gorlier. “By maintaining the vehicle warranty, we are demonstrating to customers our confidence in the kits, which were built to exactly complement the Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger by working hand-in-hand with the engineers who use factory specs to create these vehicles — exclusive knowledge available only to Mopar.”

Mopar has announced pricing, performance and parts details for the three Scat Pack performance upgrade kits available this spring for the 2014 Dodge Challenger and 2014 Dodge Charger:

• SCAT PACK 1 – 5.7-liter ($2,195) offers gains of up to 18 horsepower and 18 lb.-ft. of torque, and includes: cold air intake, cat-back exhaust, Stage 1 performance PCM, low restriction oil filter and two Scat Pack 1 stage kit hard badges.

• SCAT PACK 2 – 5.7-liter ($$1,895) yields increases of up to 30 horsepower. Scat Pack 2 works in conjunction with Scat Pack 1 and features Mopar performance camshaft kit including camshaft, tiebars, heavy-duty pushrods and gaskets; Stage 2 performance PCM and two Scat Pack 2 stage kit hard badges.

• SCAT PACK 3 – 5.7-liter (MSRP: $4,995) adds 58 horsepower and 47 lb.-ft. of torque. Scat Pack 3 Works in conjunction with Scat Pack 1 & 2 and adds CNC ported cylinder heads, high-flow headers, high-flow catalysts, Stage 3 performance PCM and two Scat Pack 3 stage kit hard badges.
all warrantied too :pimp:

if i wasnt so obsessed with SRT this would be a possibility.... :nerd:

That pricing can't be correct... the stage 2 internals are listed as less expensive than the stage 1 bolt ons.

Edit: Looks like they're actually charging $4,090 for stage 2 and $9,075 for stage 3

Last edited:
where do you see its 9k just for stage 3? :lol:

got this direct from allpar

that would be a even bigger rip off.

would be cool if it was 106 hp increase with all 3 stages and not just 58 in total unless im wrong

$5,000 for 58hp? 
roll.gif

where do you see its 9k just for stage 3? :lol:

would be cool if it was 106 hp increase with all 3 stages and not just 58 in total unless im wrong

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...ricing-for-2014-charger-challenger-scat-packs

To get stage 2 you have to buy stage 1... to get stage 3 you have to buy stage one and two.

$5,000 for 58hp? :rofl:

Its actually Closer to 10k :lol:

For that price you might as well go forced induction. I guess some people are willing to pay alot to keep their warranty, but this doesn't seem worth it. Stage 1 will probably be a pretty popular option, but I doubt they'll sell to many stage 2 and 3.

yea so its 9k+ in total, i know that. you made it sound like it was 9k just to get stage 3 :lol:

i dont think even dodge would do that nor would anyone be stupid enough to pay it

Last edited:
$9K+ for about 100hp. That's about $1K per 10hp.

That's a lot of money to put out just for just over 100hp, when you are starting out with what, 400hp or whatever?

where do you see its 9k just for stage 3?
laugh.gif

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...ricing-for-2014-charger-challenger-scat-packs

To get stage 2 you have to buy stage 1... to get stage 3 you have to buy stage one and two.
$5,000 for 58hp? 
roll.gif
Its actually Closer to 10k
laugh.gif

sick.gif

$9K+ for about 100hp. That's about $1K per 10hp.

That's a lot of money to put out just for just over 100hp, when you are starting out with what, 400hp or whatever?

i dont think its adds to 100hp total its buying all 3 and adds 58. i dont see it said anywhere which is correct. my friend thought it was 100 total and on the challenger forums im seeing 58 so idk

and manual challenger r/t is 370 or 375

Last edited:
Last edited:
Horsepower is overrated
Torque>>>

Yes and no...

HP helps move a car on the top end and torque usually helps down low
Think about it. How many times do u go above 100 on the street or track?

I rather have dat dere acceleration

Dats why i like dem big engines and dont like turbos

I agree, torque is alot more useful in real world situations.

Thats why alot of these "High power" v6's claims are misleading. They make little torque and are advertising peak HP at high rpms most people wont reach on the regular.

Someone backed into the 335 last night. Thankfully the guy was nice enough to leave his info. Smh 2nd time my car has been hit while parked this year. :smh:

Scooped that 2011 A6 prestige sport pkg today!! 16k on the dash, black but it's a sexy car.. Getting new tires and brakes, pics on Monday!! Nothing like a fresh lease turn in you can cop for the L.O!!! I don't like how it hugs the road oppose to the sclass but I'll get use to it

So I saw this on my IG feed and it bothered me a little.

Has anyone else seen this? Or did this guy make it himself?

A few weeks ago I saw somebody's CL550 that had a plate that said something like "DROPOUT" on it as well.

I guess it's the cool thing for the guys that didn't finish school.

wish ye had his plates say dropout :smokin

Horsepower is overrated
Torque>>>

Yes and no...

HP helps move a car on the top end and torque usually helps down low
Think about it. How many times do u go above 100 on the street or track?

I rather have dat dere acceleration

Dats why i like dem big engines and dont like turbos

the thing is when you're on a track you're in the upper RPMs all the time anyway :lol:

Last edited:
So I saw this on my IG feed and it bothered me a little.

Has anyone else seen this? Or did this guy make it himself?

Seen it a while ago and thought it was :smokin Not everyone that is a dropout is successful but then again not everyone that is a scholar isn't as successful. Guy who owns the lambo is on ig. philkarl

Back
Top Bottom