\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

This ain't the 70s bro why are you bringing up the 70s? Im giving u an explanation for why people take a nice car like lets just say a Audi s4 for example and pull the fenders out and stuff on some ridiculous 10 inch wide rims with 185 tires on them, right here right now in 2014. Not the 70s

so you're ignorant AND dont read huh?

im bringing up the 70's because YOU claim 'its all to look cool on the interwebs'
when some people do it because they like it.

this trend wasnt born on the internet
people have been doing this since the 70's

its funny because car threads can be so polarizing to the point that its not even necessary

ive never understood why some people take personal what someone else chooses to do with the car THEY own?

where are these bylaws written about what you can and cant do to certain cars?

By the late 1950s most slammed cars were already riding on hydraulic suspensions. In the 70s the majority slammed cars were either lowriders (on hydraulic suspensions) or purpose built race cars.

Modern stance culture really does seem to be about people who would rather take pictures of their car than drive it.

By the late 1950s most slammed cars were already riding on hydraulic suspensions. In the 70s the majority slammed cars were either lowriders (on hydraulic suspensions) or purpose built race cars.

Modern stance culture really does seem to be about people who would rather take pictures of their car than drive it.

have you ever asked them?

and my point stands
the trend wasnt BORN over the internet
it existed back then but has evolved like everything does

point is what was their motivation then?
the internet?
their motivation then is probably the motivation today

Bingo

/conversation

Last edited:
ive never understood why some people take personal what someone else chooses to do with the car THEY own?

Maybe because riding around in a car with the tires barely hanging on and -15 degrees of camber is unsafe and could end up causing an accident and innocent people getting hurt?

have you ever asked them?

and my point stands
the trend wasnt BORN over the internet
it existed back then but has evolved like everything does

point is what was their motivation then?
the internet?
their motivation then is probably the motivation today

In the past, low riders provided form and function and racers lowered their cars and put fats on the back with pizza-cutters on the front because they valued function over form.

Modern stance cultures motivation is form over function. But looks are subjective and performance is not. When people point out the objective disadvantages to stance, the only response is "haters gonna hate".

I don't have a problem with it... its their car and they can do with it what they wish, but its not something I would do to my cars.... and Im still going to be a critical **** about it sometimes. :lol:

Last edited:
In the past, low riders provided form and function and racers lowered their cars and put fats on the back with pizza-cutters on the front because they valued function over form.

Modern stance cultures motivation is form over function. But looks are subjective and performance is not. When people point out the objective disadvantages to stance, the only response is "haters gonna hate".

I don't have a problem with it... its their car and they can do with it what they wish, but its not something I would do to my cars.... and Im still going to be a critical **** about it sometimes. :lol:

the 'haters gonna hate' response depends on whats being pointed out
it shouldnt be a catch all for everything

people get tired of these 'car guys'
trying to proclaim what you can and cant do because they said so

how arrogant?

and it always ends up in these endless arguments between the people who like/dislike it
with the people who dislike trying to turn their opinion into fact

for example the whips on the street thread
how many times did the objective disadvantages of big rims need to be explained?

didnt matter, every tine you had the same idiots standing on soapboxes pointing out the 'objective disadvantages' like we hadn't heard it all before.

Testaments to how bored stancestans are because they cant go out and drive their cars :lol: :tongue:

This ain't the 70s bro why are you bringing up the 70s? Im giving u an explanation for why people take a nice car like lets just say a Audi s4 for example and pull the fenders out and stuff on some ridiculous 10 inch wide rims with 185 tires on them, right here right now in 2014. Not the 70s
extreme reach is extreme 

So is the example of innocent people getting hurt because of stanced cars lol

An accident could happen because someone has cheap fake wheels and it breaks over a pothole causing the driver to lose control. There both extreme and pretty lame excuses........ just say you don't like something and move on. 

Last edited:
extreme reach is extreme 

So is the example of innocent people getting hurt because of stanced cars lol

An accident could happen because someone has cheap fake wheels and it breaks over a pothole causing the driver to lose control. There both extreme and pretty lame excuses........ just say you don't like something and move on. 

>D I dunno man... the likelihood of a catastrophic failure is increased exponentially when you're modifying a cars suspension for pure looks and no regard for functionality. I would bode to say its a lot more dangerous than someone driving with knockoff wheels. Many of the people active in the stance scene are young kids with a limited budget... I wouldn't be surprised if lots of those cars are rocking modified suspensions AND rep wheels :lol: :x :smh:

This last example here is somewhat extreme and pure team #POOR.... but there are people sharing our roads who are actually doing this

Very nice, how did you like it??

Was it by chance the AWD one?
Oh I loved it, regret moving on from it sometimes. It was RWD, the AWD are harder to find I believe. The interior is awesome plus its one of the few cars with a touch screen, at least that I have been in.

grin.gif
I dunno man... the likelihood of a catastrophic failure is increased exponentially when you're modifying a cars suspension for pure looks and no regard for functionality. I would bode to say its a lot more dangerous than someone driving with knockoff wheels. Many of the people active in the stance scene are young kids with a limited budget... I wouldn't be surprised if lots of those cars are rocking modified suspensions AND rep wheels
laugh.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif

Yeah there are always going to be extremes in every niche of the car enthusiast community. The picture I posted of the Audi is by no means a cheap budget build, the wheels alone are in excess of 5k.

That last pic is just beyond reckless and ******ed.

Im more of a fan of slightly stretching the tires, not so much the extreme camber. I just think its perfectly fine to do those kinds of things to certain cars, of course do it the right not cheap way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom