\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

playing the engine sound through the car speakers... damn that's ricey...
mean.gif

mean.gif

That is so weak 
sick.gif

It's funny how it's actually always the American cars pulling the ricey **** that is purely cosmetic and serves no real purpose.

For example, STI and Evo - Fully functional hood scoops/vents.  Ford Mustang - fake *** non functional hood scoops that no air passes through and fake scoops behind the doors 
mean.gif

v8 are going to be gone soon, 4 and 6 cyl turbos are the future.
Nahhhh. They've been saying this for, literally, decades. In the 70's they severely restricted performance cars with emission requirements. In the 80's, GM brought out the V6 Turbo Grand National, while Ford tried out the aforementioned turbo mustang. Look where we are now. Dodge has 707hp supercharged V8's. Ford had the GT500. Corvette's are no slouch either. Hell, Mercedes AMG is cranking out high hp V8's. If anything, we're in a golden age of HP wars between the big 3, it hasn't been this great in a LONG time.

Sure, there's definitely more options for your average buyer who is after a fun ride with good MPG, but V8's aren't going anywhere in the near future.

playing the engine sound through the car speakers... damn that's ricey... :smh:  
Right?! :smh:

Damn.... I don't like either :lol:. But without the active noise control, it sounds like a corolla :lol:

That is so weak 
sick.gif

It's funny how it's actually always the American cars pulling the ricey **** that is purely cosmetic and serves no real purpose.

For example, STI and Evo - Fully functional hood scoops/vents.  Ford Mustang - fake *** non functional hood scoops that no air passes through and fake scoops behind the doors 
mean.gif

never even noticed that with the mustangs... but yea fake hood scoops... not cool.  my car came with hood "accents" which are fake and ricey too.  i had to take them out, cut them up so they're open, and somewhat functional.  i sleep better at night.. LOL

That is so weak :x

For example, STI and Evo - Fully functional hood scoops/vents.  Ford Mustang - fake *** non functional hood scoops that no air passes through and fake scoops behind the doors :smh:  
C'mon man, there's plenty of imports that are just as guilty as well :lol: . AKA every FWD car that came stock with a big *** wing on the back.

I do hate those nonfunctional hood scoops on that generation mustang, they're mad corny, but then again, I hate all of that generation of mustang because they're all slow and ugly, except for the termi's :smokin

Last edited:

mean.gif

That is so weak 
sick.gif

mean.gif

In all fairness, E60 M5s also produced fake engine noise through the car speakers.

Wouldn't be surprised if the current generation does too.

C'mon man, there's plenty of imports that are just as guilty as well
laugh.gif
. AKA every FWD car that came stock with a big *** wing on the back.
Assuming you're talking about cars like the Integra Type R, a stock wing is still no where near as lame and fake hood scoops and side vents that are just full of plastic and don't serve a purpose

^ Wrong. The F10 M5 was the first one with Active Sound Design. Anyone who's driven one knows it's not intrusive at all. Hardly what I would consider "rice".

it's not about it being intrusive... i'm sure it sounds great.. but it's a modification that's purely cosmetic, with no performance gain... rice.

it's not about it being intrusive... i'm sure it sounds great.. but it's a modification that's purely cosmetic, with no performance gain... rice.

It's not a modification - it comes stock with the car. Following your logic power windows are rice.

Anyway, I'm sure the guy driving the 560hp M5 is none-too-worried about whether or not someone thinks ASD is rice :lol:

Assuming you're talking about cars like the Integra Type R, a stock wing is still no where near as lame and fake hood scoops and side vents that are just full of plastic and don't serve a purpose
My point was that every manufacturer is guilty of this to some extent. Hell look at the TRD Tacomas, they have the same ugly mustang style one.

121417d1319133716-bent-skid-plate-modified-custom-2008-toyota-tacoma-blue-trd-sport-edition-double-cab-front.jpg

There's no denying that that generation of mustang you posted is one of the worst offenders though :x

Last edited:
^ Wrong. The F10 M5 was the first one with Active Sound Design. Anyone who's driven one knows it's not intrusive at all. Hardly what I would consider "rice".
Dude never said the E60 was first, it was just an example :lol:

IMO, if you want a car to sound a certain way from the factory, give it a proper exhaust system. What happens when you decide to change out the stereo? Your "muscle car" mustang ends up sounding like a Camry :x

IMO, if you want a car to sound a certain way from the factory, give it a proper exhaust system. What happens when you decide to change out the stereo? Your "muscle car" mustang ends up sounding like a Camry :x

But the E60 never had ASD. The F10 (2013+) was the first BMW to have it.

And I 100% agree with you about giving the car a proper exhaust system. The thing with these new cars is it's impossible to change out the stereo. Plus the M5, for example, has like an $8k B&O system so unless you're a massive audiophile it's going to be more than OK.

Naw the exhaust is still nice on its own, the stereo sound is so you get the in cabin sound like you do with a v8, since the new mustang is quieter inside..

Something about a 4 cylinder turbo stang just rubs me the wrong way :lol:. They did one back in the 80's, only lasted a couple years though.

This is part of the reason they don't sit well with me :x :

2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost fakes engine noise via stereo: Hello, Active Noise Control

The 2015 Ford Mustang's roar is being enhanced by its stereo system. With its sound system disabled, however, the Mustang's fearsome roar sounds more like a purr.

Over two decades have passed since Ford designed a Mustang with a four-cylinder engine. The automaker's award-winning EcoBoost engine changes that with a 2.3-liter amalgamation of power and efficiency.

The 2015 Mustang's excitable EcoBoost engine and its ground-rattling roar drops when the sound system's fuse is yanked, as discovered by Road & Track's Jason Cammisa. During a recent series of test drives, he removed the fuse from the 2015 Mustang's sound system, and found that the pony car had lost its voice.

As shocking, and maybe even disappointing, as the 2015 Mustang's enhanced voice may be, Chief Mustang Engineer Dave Perciak revealed in a 2013 interview that the car's engine sound would be amplified by its sound system. Perciak was asked if the Mustang's 2.3-liter EcoBoost would sound like it belonged in the vehicle.

"With the EcoBoost engine we have both active noise cancellation and we also amplify the existing engine sound order," stated Perciak. "We don't create an artificial sound; we don't pluck one off the shelf; we bring in the real sound, process it, and play it through the car's speakers. Today's V6 sounds fantastic, and although the EcoBoost won't sound like a V8, it won't sound like it doesn't belong in a Mustang, either."

Consumers are said to have helped Ford figure out exactly how the 2015 Mustang should sound. A small group of Mustang fans were said to have participated in clinics, which ultimately helped Ford polish the feature.

Read more: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...-hello-active-noise-control.htm#ixzz3GkiBUIIX

Nope, loud, gas guzzling V8's for me in my domestic sports cars please :lol:, just can't replace how one sounds and feels.
Faking the engine sound is nothing new. BMW and other car companies have been doing it for years now. Fake engine noise means nothing to me cause im not the consumer to keep it stock.

Last edited:

That is so weak :x

For example, STI and Evo - Fully functional hood scoops/vents.  Ford Mustang - fake *** non functional hood scoops that no air passes through and fake scoops behind the doors :smh:  

Basically every year of the Mustang has had fake scoops in one form or another.

-1965/1966 GT350s side scoops were non-functional except for the ultra rare R-Model, which only had one side scoop initially. Hood scoops vary, some have cutouts through the hood while others don't. It's speculated that the cut outs were done after leaving the factory by dealers or owners.

-1967/1968 Mustangs had non-functioning cosmetic faux heat extractors in the hoods. Shelby's had non-functional quarter window and side scoops.

-1969 Mustangs had non-functional bold-on hood scoop, non-function rear quarter scoops. Shelbys had oversized faux rear scoops tacked on top of the pre-existing faux scoops.

-1970 Mustang had front headlight buckets with non-functional brake-cooling scoops on the outer side of the headlights

-1971/1972 Had dual non functional naca duct style hood scoops. For extra money you could order the "Ram Air" option and get functional scoops.

-1973-1978 Mustangs used non-functional hood scoops.

-1979-1993 With the exception of the SVO all hood scoops were purely aesthetic.

-1994-1998 Mustangs had faux rear side scoops and faux heat extractor ports on the hood.

-1999-2004 Mustangs had faux hood scoops and side scoops and optional non-functional rear quarter window scoops.

-2005-2014 Mustangs were offered with optional faux hood and side scoops and non-functional quarter window scoops. 2013/2014 GT's did receive the addition of functional heat extractor vents.

Most of the hood scoops on Mustangs are pretty easy to make functional by cutting a hole through the hood and removing/replacing the faux grating with billet mesh. Functional hood scoops made sense on carbureted cars, but with the exception of cars like the Subaru STI that have top mounted inter-coolers, they don't really do much for modern fuel injected cars. Truth of the matter is most Mustangs are used as commuter cars and Ford likely sees making the scoops functional an unneeded expense in production. Interestingly enough, many 13/14 Mustang GT owners look for ways to plug up their heat extractors due to issues water intrusion.

Back
Top Bottom