\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The trans only has like 8k miles on it though so i don't think that's it.  Reading online it's saying it could be a number of things. dirty ****** fluid (not likely), linkage not hooked up right, bad solenoid, sensor, etc
Oh OK, well if it's been recently rebuilt then yea, should be something minor. Try running the codes on it, might give you a clue. My old trailblazer SS, when I got the ****** fluid flushed and changed, lost 1st gear afterwards. Turned out to be that one of the harnesses wasn't connected all the way. Unhooked and rehooked the harness up, and it was back to normal after that. Had a bunch of stored codes because of that (although no check engine light). Worth a look.

Oh OK, well if it's been recently rebuilt then yea, should be something minor. Try running the codes on it, might give you a clue. My old trailblazer SS, when I got the ****** fluid flushed and changed, lost 1st gear afterwards. Turned out to be that one of the harnesses wasn't connected all the way. Unhooked and rehooked the harness up, and it was back to normal after that. Had a bunch of stored codes because of that (although no check engine light). Worth a look.
oh alright i will have to check that out.  Scan it with a normal code scanner that you would scan check engine lights with?

Pic dump from 2011/12 before I had my daughter

I miss my G. Bout to be that time again and I jus want somethin good on gas and cheap. Tired of pay in 300 plus for a car I don't hardly push anymore. I need a more practical daily . Tired of ppl dinging my doors too. I might jus cop a slightly used maxima n b done

Last edited:
Used G sedans are very cheap since q50 came out and Infiniti dropped Msrp for the "q40"

Wouldn't be surprised if G and equivalent Max were about the same price.

Go for 2010+ model though, preferably RWD sport

Last edited:
is it even throwing any codes? 

also a snap on is highly advanced, way more than what an off-the-shelf OBD2 scanner can do. 
Some codes cars will store, but not display in the form of a check engine light. But you're right, the snap-on one is probably better then a generic off the shelf scanner. I've never messed with an off the shelf one, I'm lucky to have a pops that has all the tools that I can come in and borrow.

Last edited:
Used G sedans are very cheap since q50 came out and Infiniti dropped Msrp for the "q40"

Wouldn't be surprised if G and equivalent Max were about the same price.

Go for 2010+ model though, preferably RWD sport
infinitis also have crap re-sale value so that's the lux car you want to get if you're trying to get one new-to-you

infinitis also have crap re-sale value so that's the lux car you want to get if you're trying to get one new-to-you

True, it's best to look at the G sedan as a sport sedan first and luxury car second.

We all have our opinions but the G is a VERY entry level luxury car at best. The car is a reg Nissan model oversees after all. Only drawback is weight and low end torque forces you to rev high to push the car, but when you do, the car moves.

It's performance per dollar is what makes it stand out (speaking 4 doors only), then maybe it's std tech features.

And for the minority of us, only one of few 4 doors with stick shift and rwd

Took this quick pic after work :smile:
looks nice, like the louvers?. Was thinking of getting one but after riding someone i know, not enough power as i step on it (07gt). I was expecting a little more honestly, guess i have to look for a roush or a 2010ish 5.0 :lol: Maybe because it hasnt been droven fast since almost new. On another note i had to fix her interior, Her vinyl flap on the door panel came undone the glue became bad? damn sun.
In about a year to a few months gonna be looking for a car, or wagon after the project im gonna start in the near future

:lol: ^

People that swap badges crack me up, especially performance badges such as ///M or AMG on base model cars. I dunno what they're thinking, the average person isn't even gonna notice, or doesn't know wtf a ///M or AMG is, the only people who are gonna notice are car people that know you're faking the funk :lol:

Back
Top Bottom