\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

frown.gif
a guy in a Corvette totaled my Scion about 3 weeks ago after he ran into the car behind me at a red light. 5 car pileup.
That sucks bad, are you okay? No broken anything?  Getting the car fixed or is it totaled?

@robear Yeah sucks but I'm all good. Nothing broken or anything thank God. The Corvette driver and people behind me were injured though and needed an ambulance.

There's front and rear frame damage to it's frame so my insurance totaled it and gave me a check today. I'm cool with it, I wanted to move into a larger car. Tomorrow I may put a down payment on a 2011 Sonata SE that I checked out.

Assuming you're talking about cars like the Integra Type R, a stock wing is still no where near as lame and fake hood scoops and side vents that are just full of plastic and don't serve a purpose
My point was that every manufacturer is guilty of this to some extent. Hell look at the TRD Tacomas, they have the same ugly mustang style one.
Forgot about Toyota! My buddies 4runner has a fake scoop just like that Tacoma you posted

^this
Cant add such massive power without strengthen your transmission and engine components.

Though I recently read some do this to see how much power stock can take, planning on it to die at some point then rebuild. Could be the case.

pretty sure the 335i motor has forged pistons/rods/crankshaft stock or something like that

800 is pretty ridic on a stock motor tho :lol:

Last edited:
pretty sure the 335i motor has forged pistons/rods/crankshaft stock or something like that

800 is pretty ridic on a stock motor tho
laugh.gif
Published on Oct 13, 2014

MOTIV 900 Single Turbo Kit
MOTIV PI-1000 Port Fuel Kit
MOTIV / FuelIT! Stage 3+ LPFP System
MOTIV Single Turbo Tuning Solution + COBB AP
Tuned by Jake@MOTIV

100% STOCK MOTOR

Special thanks to Jake Hershorin, Bobby Downes, Allen Rader, Nishan Gharibian. We would also like to thank Jordan and Vlad at National Speed for always supporting us!!

www.motivmotorsport.com

Last edited:

800 is pretty ridic on a stock motor tho
laugh.gif
All research I've found say that in late '08/early '09 BMW switched to cast pistons to save money. 

But the E60 never had ASD. The F10 (2013+) was the first BMW to have it.

And I 100% agree with you about giving the car a proper exhaust system. The thing with these new cars is it's impossible to change out the stereo. Plus the M5, for example, has like an $8k B&O system so unless you're a massive audiophile it's going to be more than OK.
Gotcha. Yea you're right about that, it blows me away how complicated car stereos have gotten in such a short amount of time, even early 2000 models were relatively straight forward to change out. Now the systems are all integrated into the door chimes and computer, plus they're integrated into the entire dash, it's almost impossible to change out a lot of them.

Forgot about Toyota! My buddies 4runner has a fake scoop just like that Tacoma you posted
Haha yea those 4runner's have em too. It must work though and get butts in the seats, cuz I see a lot of them tacos with them around here.

An Audi RS7 pilots itself around a track :x. Skip to the 14:30 mark to see the lap.

Last edited:
auto pilot is cool in general... but wow that audi's auto pilot around the track had perfect racing line.  that announcer guy was annoying tho.. couldn't hear the braking and engine noise to see how aggressive it was taking the corners. 

WOW it even came to a stop right where it started. That is just insane. Where technology has taken us is just crazy.

Just came up on a really cheap 01 Tacoma i'm gonna try to make some money on, 2wd 4cyl 165k clean title.

It's an automatic, and it doesn't always go into reverse. just revs up. Any Toyota people in here?  Any ideas? 

And it's not every time, it only does it like half the time. But when it does do it, if you get the car rolling backwards a little bit, suddenly reverse will catch and it will start working

Last edited:
As anyone ever dealt with "fleet" cars?

I saw a car i'm interested at Carmax, fairly new year with very low miles.

Check the car history and it says it was a "fleet" vehicle.

Just came up on a really cheap 01 Tacoma i'm gonna try to make some money on, 2wd 4cyl 165k clean title.

It's an automatic, and it doesn't always go into reverse. just revs up. Any Toyota people in here?  Any ideas? 

And it's not every time, it only does it like half the time. But when it does do it, if you get the car rolling backwards a little bit, suddenly reverse will catch and it will start working
Sounds like my girls old Altima, her ****** was going.

My old Cadillac did the same thing, needed the trans rebuilt. How cheap is cheap? Here anyways, that would be the most unwanted tacoma model since it's a 2WD, could be a money pit if you have to get the trans redone, unless you're getting it for dirt cheap.

My old Cadillac did the same thing, needed the trans rebuilt
The trans only has like 8k miles on it though so i don't think that's it.  Reading online it's saying it could be a number of things. dirty ****** fluid (not likely), linkage not hooked up right, bad solenoid, sensor, etc

Back
Top Bottom