\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

You would be the type of person to offer $7500 on a car listed for almost 10k 
mean.gif
You consider that a lowball? He will probably come back with 9 then you try to get it for 8.5. At least thats what I would try to do.

I laugh when dudes say OBO then say don't lowball me  __  price thats only $1500 less 
laugh.gif

Just come out and say you won't take anything less than your asking price. 

Last edited:
yes, asking dude to take 25% off the price is a low ball. I would just respond with an "lol" if someone offered me 7500 for a car i list at 10

Ehhh money talks especially for cars under 10k in my opinion. If dude brings me a check for 8-8.5 for something I listed at 10 then Im probably going to take it. 

A low ball to me would be offering 20k on a car listed at 25k, not really thinking in terms of % off here.

yes, asking dude to take 25% off the price is a low ball. I would just respond with an "lol" if someone offered me 7500 for a car i list at 10

That's negotiating though. They're not expecting to get it at 7500. They're hoping but not expecting. You tell them to come up and they will come up. If that's their final offer then you just gotta walk.

i'm aware of negotiating, i have bought/sold probably 15-20 cars in the last 5 years on craigslist. Offering 7500 for that TSX is insulting, it's already priced well for what it is, and that's not an easy car to find. You have to take that into consideration as well

Last edited:
i'm aware of negotiating, i have bought/sold probably 15-20 cars in the last 5 years on craigslist. Offering 7500 for that TSX is insulting, it's already priced well for what it is, and that's not an easy car to find. You have to take that into consideration as well

Yea, I feel it. A lot of it depends on the car. It's real confusing imo since a car is basically worth what you're willing to pay.

I'll send out an offer some people would see as a lowball hoping for them to come down, knowing I'm willing to come up.

I went to check out a '92 Z28 at the beginning of the year. I think the guy was asking something like $4400. Went there and half the car wasn't original and it had been in an accident, crappy paint job the guy tried saying was original and missing a muffler, yet he claimed it would pass smog.

Even like that I was willing to buy it for a low price to fix it up since I don't have to worry about smog. Dude wasn't willing to come down anything at all when I said 2K. But hey, it was worth more than that to him, not me.

Yeah as a buyer you should always try to get it for a lower price. The worst feeling is thinking you could have saved some money but didn't take a chance.

Yea, I feel it. A lot of it depends on the car. It's real confusing imo since a car is basically worth what you're willing to pay.

I'll send out an offer some people would see as a lowball hoping for them to come down, knowing I'm willing to come up.

I went to check out a '92 Z28 at the beginning of the year. I think the guy was asking something like $4400. Went there and half the car wasn't original and it had been in an accident, crappy paint job the guy tried saying was original and missing a muffler, yet he claimed it would pass smog.

Even like that I was willing to buy it for a low price to fix it up since I don't have to worry about smog. Dude wasn't willing to come down anything at all when I said 2K. But hey, it was worth more than that to him, not me.
Yea this is totally different. You actually went and saw the car and it wasn't as advertised and tried to work on the price. That's totally cool.

But just hitting someone up with a lowball offer is not cool

Tbh, I would just tell him to see me with da hands +$2k

If not, he only gets deez hands.
:rofl: :rofl:

So realistically, what should be my initial offer to him? :nerd:
First let me ask, how much are you willing to pay? 

but if he has another offer, and you want to snake in and buy it this week, you obviously have to match that offer....
I have more than enough to buy it, plus pay for the title and tag.

Seller should simply ignore lowball offers.

Being negotiable is far from having to entertain all offers.

If someone is legitimately offended by a low offer, then a third party should sell it. No room for sensitivity in the secondary auto market IMO.

All this said, TIME is the most critical factor in negotiation. Do your best to maximize yours and take advantage when others don't have it

I've made lots of extra $$$ by learning to position myself favorably in negotiation (goes beyond car buying)

Last edited:

Tbh, I would just tell him to see me with da hands +$2k

If not, he only gets deez hands.
roll.gif
roll.gif

So realistically, what should be my initial offer to him?
nerd.gif
First let me ask, how much are you willing to pay? 

but if he has another offer, and you want to snake in and buy it this week, you obviously have to match that offer....
I have more than enough to buy it, plus pay for the title and tag.
then if you really want it, make him an offer he can't refuse and tell him you will come pick it up asap

Sorry to bud in, but never answer that question to anybody trying to sell you something.

Oh absolutely. I was just asking that so i could get an idea of his budget so i could tell him how much to offer. Like if he had said he could only afford 9k i would have told him to offer 8500

Only negotiate price in person. It gives you more leverage, and you look more like a legitimate buyer, and not like a lowballing dreamer. Offering 7500 on a 10g car via email probably won't go well, you'll most likely be ignored, or receive a nasty reply. Offering that same amount in person, when you're actually holding it, will go better, yea you might still get shot down, but they'll counter, and you'll go from there.

As well, go into negotiations with a price in your head that is the max you're willing to go. Base this off how bad you want the car, and do your research so you know what a fair price is. If you can get it for less then your max, cool! If not, walk away, never fall in love with a car and overpay!

Last edited:
Stock springs + $350 for D2 coils (1,500miles)?

Catch is that im driving up an hour and obviously im gonna need a car to drive back so he offered to swap it out at a local shop (shop charging $200).

I have a buddy who could help me out but im under time constraints that day (Saturday) and the convenience is there at that $200 price.

Thoughts?

It put down 437/378 on a Mustang dyno last time around.

I did this build with a focus on reliability. I'm okay with the same power, but if I was to push it with this turbo on ethanol it would probably hit 475-500.

But for track probably stick with less boost and timing so it will last.

It put down 437/378 on a Mustang dyno last time around.

I did this build with a focus on reliability. I'm okay with the same power, but if I was to push it with this turbo on ethanol it would probably hit 475-500.

But for track probably stick with less boost and timing so it will last.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom