\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Nothing spectacular just an 05 ford explorer. So far I've only changed the deck but I plan on changing the headlight and taillight assemblies and trying to find some oem ford 20's.

Weekend toy/project car. 2012 Audi S4. Lowered (my company makes lowering products, so cars is a tax write off. lol), custom wheels, tuned, etc
How do you like the supercharger? I had a B6 S4 and the 4.2 would roll, I can only imagine what that puppy can do.
I made a thread on this as well but i figured id post it here to and try and get some feedback. What do you guys think of this price and car and whats the general opinion on the civic si.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=criteo&listType=1
My cousin has one and they are pretty quick for a Honda. Get him down in 10 range or lower if you can.

Weekend toy/project car. 2012 Audi S4. Lowered (my company makes lowering products, so cars is a tax write off. lol), custom wheels, tuned, etc

Daily commuter/2nd project car 2003 Jetta MKV  - Lowered (test companies products on this as well), Audi wheels, Updated front and rear lights, grille, etc etc etc

Saving for GT3 in 2 years. lmao (yea right, but nice to dream/have goals)

How bout an NT deal? Need some coils for my C5 A6 Avant.c

found an '04 e55 that was just posted for sale yesterday about a half hour away from me. has 111k miles which is obviously way more than i'd like, but has a transferrable full aftermarket warranty for 3 years or 150k miles. doubt i'd hit 40k miles in 3 years...so that's 3 years of no worries. going to check it out this weekend if he answers me. gotta make sure i understand exactly what the warranty covers, but from what i see so far, it looks like it covers almost everything.

Did you get to check out the car? Yes, that is a lot of miles but I've also seen E55's run strong way past that mileage mark. If the car is well maintained by the owner and not abused, you shouldn't have problems running it for a while and that's exactly the reason why you get the warranty as well specially if getting a high mileage E55.

On another note, my lady crashed my DD Corolla last Thursday so I am looking for another daily driver. My car is salvageable but since the car is cheap, the cost of repair and body work would cost same if not more than what the car is worth so I just took a total loss on it.

What would be a fair price for a 2005 Mazda 3 hatchback with 116,000 miles on it?
Why would you buy a car with 116,000 miles on it?

You stupid?

:x

lol gotta love NT. I swear most of yall think cars just spontaneously combust at 100K

:smh: Its that kind of "disposable" mentality that keeps dealerships rich while future classics get destroyed and fill up the junkyards.

lol gotta love NT. I swear most of yall think cars just spontaneously combust at 100K

:smh: Its that kind of "disposable" mentality that keeps dealerships rich while future classics get destroyed and fill up the junkyards.
Ight bro buy a 116k car and tell me if it lasts a year.

Why would you buy a car with 116,000 miles on it?

You stupid?

:x

Bro, sure the car has a lot of miles but that car with 116k miles will last to atleast 200k if it was properly maintained with scheduled oil changes and tune ups and not abusing the car. Also, this is NT. I guarantee that not everyone on here has a brand new ride and dispose of their car prior to hitting 100k mark. You might not want an expensive, high maintenance luxury/exotic car hitting that mark but it shouldn't be a problem for a little 4 banger.

^^This.

Ight bro buy a 116k car and tell me if it lasts a year.
I bought a daily commute car a few years back with 165k and lasted me 200k before I had any issues with it which was only spark plug and wires, 1 bad injector and replaced radiator. Drove it for another 15k miles before I sold it. Cars don't just stop running after 100k mark. Sheit, you can buy a new/newer car with low miles and still could have hella issues or buy a high mileage car and last you another 80k/100k miles. You just never know with cars sometimes.

It could probably drive another 100k easy with proper maintenance.

^^This.

Last edited:
Did you get to check out the car? Yes, that is a lot of miles but I've also seen E55's run strong way past that mileage mark. If the car is well maintained by the owner and not abused, you shouldn't have problems running it for a while and that's exactly the reason why you get the warranty as well specially if getting a high mileage E55.

On another note, my lady crashed my DD Corolla last Thursday so I am looking for another daily driver. My car is salvageable but since the car is cheap, the cost of repair and body work would cost same if not more than what the car is worth so I just took a total loss on it.

i actually never got to check it out. it's still on craigslist, but i decided that i'd REALLY like to have a coupe and something a little better on gas for a DD. i still think that car is a great value and since it's been on craigslist so long, he'd probably be willing to work on the price as well a bit. 111k miles is a lot, but the car has obviously been meticulously maintained and that full bumper to bumper warranty really would put me at ease. my old hand-me-down benz was still running strong at 150k miles and the only thing i was doing at that point was an oil change every 10,000 miles.

also, i'm helping my friend car shop and he either wants an m3 or an m5 and i'm finding 2008's for both of them that are roughly the same price now ($40k-ish) even though the m3 starts at $60k and the m5 starts at $90k :smh:

My baby received a few exterior upgrades since I brought her home almost two months ago.

Vinyl wrapped the roof and mirrors and tinted my tails.

Last edited:
Looking to purchase a car, first time buyer.

I'm looking @ a 2002 BMW X5 3.0i w/ 52K miles on it. What's a good price on it? Should I avoid a car that old? Not sure if I'm allowed to post the sales link for the vehicle.

Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking @ a 2002 BMW X5 3.0i w/ 52K miles on it. What's a good price on it? Should I avoid a car that old? Not sure if I'm allowed to post the sales link for the vehicle.

I'd prob get something new and reliable than an 11 year old Beamer

X5 transmissions are horrendous. .donot buy.. no joke.. do your research. Get an RX or Fx35 if are looking for older crossover style SUVs. The mdx transmissions are poor as well.

STAY AWAY.

those have HORRIBLE problems with leaky gaskets, hell BMW wont ever service em anymore because da cost it takes

to do da job on those engine is worth more then almost da total price of da vehicle.

Thank you to all for advising me not to purchase the vehicle. Any recommendations for a SUV/Minivan around $12K? Prefer an AWD vehicle. It'll mostly be used on the weekends so probably less than 3K miles a year. Don't really care for brand name. Just need something sturdy, dependable, low cost maintenance, easy on the gas, and will last a few good years. I'm in NYC, not sure how much cold weather will factor in. I know $12K won't get me much and is slim pickings, but appreciate any help and advice.

P.S. - Any good websites to read up on making a purchase on a vehicle? What to know, look out for, etc.

Last edited:
Thank you to all for advising me not to purchase the vehicle. Any recommendations for a SUV/Minivan around $12K? Prefer an AWD vehicle. It'll mostly be used on the weekends so probably less than 3K miles a year. Don't really care for brand name. Just need something sturdy, dependable, low cost maintenance, easy on the gas, and will last a few good years. I'm in NYC, not sure how much cold weather will factor in. I know $12K won't get me much and is slim pickings, but appreciate any help and advice.

P.S. - Any good websites to read up on making a purchase on a vehicle? What to know, look out for, etc.
umm you could get a VERY dependable GMC/chevy truck for 12 grand even LESS.

Black-Chevy-Tahoe_edited.jpg

^^ hard as a rock.

Back
Top Bottom