\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

my 95 Infiniti G20 finally gave me one too many problems. This is far more in line with my style anyways.

Yeah, it looks alright....I just have no idea what they were thinking styling it like a mid engine car and then slapping it on a front engine base. Seems like a total waste.

Man I so want an e60 m5, but I cringe reading the bad **** that happens to that car. Dudes having 20k worth of work done within the first 5 months :x. But then there's the ones that have never had an issue in 3 yrs of ownership.

Miss my bmw

this car has been so much more reliable than my E60 tho, no oil leaks, stupid sensors, just driving without worries....8)

Clean set of wheels you got there. (Thumbs up). Nice to see you don't have that ugly bumper shield on the back like a lot of new yorkers :lol:

08 335i.

Any other 335i owners? must I use the bmw full synthetic oil only? Any tips you guys have from your experiences are welcomed.

repped :pimp:
mines still under warranty so i just take it to the dealer for everything :lol:

Last edited:
copped this 69 442 3 days ago from an old retire dude that doesn't drive it anymore for a good price
Going to fix it up and give it to my little brother for his 18th b-day

I'm currently working on a 64 chevelle

thanks to Ninjahood's LS motor thread, I'm looking into putting my extra LS engine into a 240....it is my next project
when I'm done with everything else

copped this 69 442 3 days ago from an old retire dude that doesn't drive it anymore for a good price
Going to fix it up and give it to my little brother for his 18th b-day

I'm currently working on a 64 chevelle

thanks to Ninjahood's LS motor thread, I'm looking into putting my extra LS engine into a 240....it is my next project
when I'm done with everything else
sweet ride, here's some help with your LS 240..

http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/s-3-nissan-240sx-89-94.aspx
[h2]Build Story: LS2 Swap Into A Nissan 240SX[/h2]
rickseitz.thumbnail.jpg

by Rick Seitz on August 20, 2012

0 Comments

Typically we bring you stories on engine swap madness, videos of cars powered by LS motors, and general updates in the industry. Apart from our own Power Automedia project cars, rarely do we get an opportunity to share with you a build story here on LSX TV, and today is your lucky day.

Here's the SR20 that powered Blane's car when he first purchased it...

We just ran across this build thread on Grassroots Motorsports about a 1996 Nissan 240SX that has received an LS2/T56 swap out of a wrecked 2005 GTO. Once powered by a JDM-sourced SR20DET, the Nissan had a lot of exhaust leaks, a few missing components, and other small issues that just wasn’t up to par with the owner’s demands.

The car’s owner, Blane (aka S14Blane on the Grassroots website) evidently sick of dealing with hard to find parts, and having to source many of them from a Nissan Sentra of all places, decided it was time to step it up a notch or two. Since he is a Holley Performance employee, he had their in-house shop and tuning facility at his disposal.

Being as how Holley sponsors their own LS-themed show in the form of the LS Fest, it only made sense that Blane wanted to make his Nissan into an all-round performer on the dragstrip, road course, autocross, and of course, the street. Ripping out the SR20 engine was simple enough since Blane was well-hearsed in such a task on a previous 240 that he had owned prior to this one.

10-18-10058-640x426.jpg

...and here's the LS2/T56 drivetrain that Blane swapped into his Nissan.

On the other hand, swapping in the LS2 and sourcing all of the required components necessary for the swap was something else entirely. In typical hot rod style, Blane was up to the challenge despite this.

Starting with the engine, Blane left the LS2 itself essentially stock until he knew all of the bugs were worked out of it. Having said that, he did source an entire Hooker exhaust system, including their 1 7/8-inch headers specifically designed for LS-swapped Nissan S14′s for his project.

The Gen-1 CTS-V accessory kit as delivered from Chevrolet Performance.

Many of you looking to do such a swap might look into the Holley Dominator EFI system, along with their fuel rail kit as this is what Blane relies on in his car for fuel and tuning duties. In the name of engine clearance, a first-generation CTS-V accessory drive system is what Blane’s car uses to spin the serpentine belt. Also out of the Caddy parts bin is a CTS-V power steering reservoir. Cooling the 364ci alloy mill is a Hinston LS S14 radiator kit and a “reconfigured” S14 fan shroud.

The LS2 is a tight fit into the Nissan's engine bay, but strangely, it looks right at home.

Sitting squarely between the engine and the 6-speed manual is a RAM flywheel, Street Elite Performance clutch master adapter kit, and an LS7 clutch -all of which are strong enough for the abuse that Blane is going to be dishing out. Shifting the T56 is the tried and true Hurst unit that many enthusiasts rely on.

Making the 240SX handle the corners better is a combination of SPL/Circuit Sports suspension upgrade with 17-inch 5ZIGEN FNO1R-C’s wrapped in Nitto rubber, while an Autopower rollbar, Recaro seats, and a Willians harness helps keep Blane safe and behind the S15 steering wheel. And finally a very cool Holley EFI touchscreen manages all of the LS2′s engine parameters.

The build is still underway, and if you would like a direct link on the on-going development of this car, then click the link here. We’ll keep our eye on this one as the build progresses, so stay tuned for more updates!

I bought the car exactly like this, I am not knowledgeable on BBS rims or caps, I really wish the owner had stock TL wheels, hopefully I can swap them out soon ...

Back
Top Bottom