\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Should I put in work on my 97 accord, F22b2 block & head, all stock. Was going to go the boost path since the block can handle it, swap the head with an h22a. Basically making it a frank build, "G22". K series (K20 to be specific) pistons, I'd obviously have to bore out the block 1mm. I'd also need new rods, and possibly new crank shaft. Finally boost it to around 10psi. My goal is around 350 whp.

I've got a Shoei RF-1100 helmet from when I used to have a bike. I'm having trouble figuring out if it's Snell approved or whatever though. As far as I can tell it has a Snell 2010 rating. I'm assuming that means it's what I need?

Ooooooh man. I spent so many months working on the car and not driving it at all, I somehow completely forgot all about turning ESP off when driving. i'm kind of scared now though. when i used to floor it from a dig before, the car would start going slightly sideways. would i risk somehow being one of those idiots that crashes into the wall? maybe i'll practice just flooring it in a wide open parking lot somewhere to make sure i can keep the car straight. probably nothing to worry about, but every worst case scenario is going through my head now when i think about it.
I highly recommend you join a Mercedes forum, (mbworld, benzworld, etc...) From what I have read there, do not floor your car from a dig at the track. Roll onto the throttle according to the grip you are getting. At the track make sure you get a nice burnout in to warm up the rear tires for better grip as well. If you need any more advice I own an AMG as well albeit not a C63 and will be glad to help.

I highly recommend you join a Mercedes forum, (mbworld, benzworld, etc...) From what I have read there, do not floor your car from a dig at the track. Roll onto the throttle according to the grip you are getting. At the track make sure you get a nice burnout in to warm up the rear tires for better grip as well. If you need any more advice I own an AMG as well albeit not a C63 and will be glad to help.

i'm actually already on there. some of those guys are the ones putting the event together. they said they'd show me the ropes, but i don't know any of them in real life so i'm just trying to get as much knowledge beforehand. it's two weeks from now so I've got enough time to at least figure out the basics and whatnot.

What's everyone's opinion on the Neon SRT-4? Considering picking one up since I'm getting bored of driving my Corolla.

Finally got myself back in an Audi A5. Previous one was a 2010, then I went briefly to an A7, then a 335I BMW with the Sport Package, and now finally back to a 2013 A5. So so much better than the Bimmer. It's a Premium Plus Package with the rear cam. Loving it.

What's everyone's opinion on the Neon SRT-4? Considering picking one up since I'm getting bored of driving my Corolla.
Not a fan personally. Don't like Neons to being with so putting a turbo on it does nothing for me lol

But I've heard some that sound nasty.

Last edited:

FWD = Poo

idk what your price range is, but right off the bat i would say to buy an s2000 over a SRT4 since they are close in price. s2000 so much more fun to drive, more reliable, and much much better looking

FWD = Poo

idk what your price range is, but right off the bat i would say to buy an s2000 over a SRT4 since they are close in price. s2000 so much more fun to drive, more reliable, and much much better looking
I'm finding SRT-4's for 7K-10K. with low mileage clean bodies. S2K's are 11,500 plus and not what I'm looking for. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have one but really impractical for me since I need 4 doors and a decent trunk space.  

Random thought since I have been seeing that new CLA lately. The CLA looks good from the outside even though it's the Benz that doesn't even come standard with leather.

Last edited:
Random thought since I have been seeing that new CLA lately. The CLA looks good from the outside even though it's the Benz that doesn't even come standard with leather.

Seen a red one yesterday next to a c300...looked like

A S class in comparison.

I'm finding SRT-4's for 7K-10K. with low mileage clean bodies. S2K's are 11,500 plus and not what I'm looking for. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have one but really impractical for me since I need 4 doors and a decent trunk space.  

Looked a little more into it, they look like they would be a lot of fun. A lot of power for that little car. 0-60 is as fast or faster than a new Golf/MS3/Focus ST. I don't know how important trunk space is, but if its a big deal i'd look at a Mk5 GTI, a hatch will give you a lot more usable space. The important thing is to go drive multiple cars, you never know what you'll like. I went to a Mazda dealer to look at an RX-8 and ended up coming back later and getting a Speed3.

ahh gotya.  what about a wrx then?

Forgot a pic, or two.

:stoneface: Fam, outside of the C3, the C7 is the only good looking Corvette.

The rest = :x

I used to think that Vette's were cars for middle age guys reaching mid life crisis state.  No longer, I love the new C7 Stingray, it's a work of art in my opinion.  That quad center exhaust is so mean looking.  Outside of the GTR I think it's the best bang for the buck out now:

I disagree with the quad exhaust looking good. IMO this car is just begging for custom dual or single rectangle tips.

The 4 circles look mad cheesy like a something you would find on a kit car or a cheap custom.

One of the greatest sleepers ever. Fast out the box and lots of mod potential. Theyre hard to find in unabused condition so you'll want to inspect it thoroughly and their owners kinda have a reputation as *** hats.

sidenote..... Ive see some of these things totaled and left in completely mutilated condition..... No matter how bad the wreck..... that damn spoiler ALWAYS survives :lol:

The countdown begins for the next generation NSX, from Pebble Beach 2013 rumored to be in the 911 price point 105K?  Sign me up in 2 years:

Can somebody tell me the difference between benz classes. Like c and e. My grandfather just passed and left me a 1994 benz c280 just trying to figure out what to do with it.

I was always so keen on getting an r8 at some point, but I've been leaning towards an sls the past year or so. the nsx should be competing more against the bmw i8 than either of those two cars though right?

Can somebody tell me the difference between benz classes. Like c and e. My grandfather just passed and left me a 1994 benz c280 just trying to figure out what to do with it.

C class is the base model/cheapest (well the CLA now). if you don't want to drive it, you could probably sell it for somewhere between $3k-$5k depending on mileage, condition, and how long you're willing to wait around to make a sale.

Back
Top Bottom