\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

So I took my TSX to an indy mechanic to get it checked out in case there was something else wrong with the car. Also my "maintenance required" light has been on for some time so I think it needs a tune up. The guy really said that it was going to be $75 just to get it checked out and that the required tune up was going to be $400.

This guy is out of his mind, I hit him with the...
Maintenance required light is probably just means your oil change interval is up

They are as reliable as most other BMWs to me.

The main things you want to worry about are

The HPFP which there is a warranty on but i forgot the details so a high mileage one might be out of the window.

The turbo waste gates begin to rattle after sometime. If you are gonna swap the turbos or go single turbo this would be a good time to do so.

And you kinda want to walnut blast your valves. My brother did it and it made a huge difference. I never heard of it until this car so I don't know if its a common thing with other cars or not.

Other than that its normal maintenance to me but because its a BMW its a little more expensive.

Slicknick is right on all accounts of his post.

The Turbo waste gate rattle is not that big of an issue. If you have JB4, which why would you not if you own a 335, you can actually adjust the wastegates to get rid of the rattle in most cases. If not, it's just just an annoying noise but won't actually damage the turbos for a LONG time.  And most 335 have probably had the Fuel pump and turbos replaced under warranty anyway.

It's definitely a really nice car with tons of power potential and very fun to drive.  My buddy just picked up a Space Gray one, 6 speed (a must have), fully loaded, from original owner, all stock, for $14,000 with 61k miles. Being that it's a manual, it was a great deal.  People around here want 12-13k for the same car with 120k miles.

If i had a 15k budget for a car, 335 would be my choice hands down.
Repped both of you. So I guess if I were to go down this road, it would be good to find one that either has the turbos replaced, or has a warranty. 15k would be my budget as I'll get around that for the L.

Repped both of you. So I guess if I were to go down this road, it would be good to find one that either has the turbos replaced, or has a warranty. 15k would be my budget as I'll get around that for the L.
That would be ideal but if you get a good deal on a low mile one just go for it.  I believe the pump is covered to 120k miles and the turbos to 100k.

Just make sure you get a 6-Speed coupe.  No sedan or automatic bs please

Oh yea and water pump is kind of crap on the 335 as with many BMWs.  Pretty reasonable replacement cost though if you get a car that hasn't had a water pump replaced. 

Last edited:

That would be ideal but if you get a good deal on a low mile one just go for it.  I believe the pump is covered to 120k miles and the turbos to 100k.

Just make sure you get a 6-Speed coupe.  No sedan or automatic bs please

Oh yea and water pump is kind of crap on the 335 as with many BMWs.  Pretty reasonable replacement cost though if you get a car that hasn't had a water pump replaced. 
My automatic beats my brothers 6 speed all day

My trans has a alpina B3 flash tho

The waterpump cost isnt too bad I payed 650$ for thermostat, waterpump, and install

Last edited:
So I took my TSX to an indy mechanic to get it checked out in case there was something else wrong with the car. Also my "maintenance required" light has been on for some time so I think it needs a tune up. The guy really said that it was going to be $75 just to get it checked out and that the required tune up was going to be $400.

This guy is out of his mind, I hit him with the...

Maintenance required light is probably just means your oil change interval is up
yea I figured, indy mechanic lost his damn mind lol

I'm gonna go to my family mechanic and get all of this done with him. AC compressor got here today, just waiting on the AC condenser and condenser fan so we can go ahead with maintenance and repairs.

Man none of yall drive silverados or truckss???? Just cars??
of course man

cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, you name it 8)

Not many people here are really into trucks. But I am :lol: . So here's the last couple I've had the past 3 years

2006 Trailblazer SS, mostly stock

My old 2005 Sierra I had a couple years ago, on 22s, lowered, full bolt ons including a cam, sounded nasty (sorry Andretti for not getting around to taking a video of the exhaust :lol: )

My old 2000 Sierra, on 22s and bags. Got totaled by a dump truck about 6 months ago :smh:

And my current daily driver, 2002 Ford Lightning. Mostly stock

Not many people here are really into trucks. But I am :lol: . So here's the last couple I've had the past 3 years

2006 Trailblazer SS, mostly stock

My old 2005 Sierra I had a couple years ago, on 22s, lowered, full bolt ons including a cam, sounded nasty (sorry Andretti for not getting around to taking a video of the exhaust :lol: )

My old 2000 Sierra, on 22s and bags. Got totaled by a dump truck about 6 months ago :smh:

And my current daily driver, 2002 Ford Lightning. Mostly stock

Salgoodman .

I actually like a few trucks

Especially duallies :pimp:

Lowered k3500 gmc's/Chevys [emoji]128077[/emoji]
I like lowered duallys :smokin

Although I don't know if I'd ever own one, I'm sure they'd be a pain to live with as a daily driver just due to how big they are

I actually like a few trucks

Especially duallies :pimp:

Lowered k3500 gmc's/Chevys [emoji]128077[/emoji]
I like lowered duallys :smokin

Although I don't know if I'd ever own one, I'm sure they'd be a pain to live with as a daily driver just due to how big they are
Probably right there a guy with a custom dodge quad cab dually in my old neighborhood and that damn thing was big as life itself :lol:

Probably right there a guy with a custom dodge quad cab dually in my old neighborhood and that damn thing was big as life itself :lol:
Exactly. Just thinking of having to park a dually in parking lots regularly is enough to turn me off of owning one :lol:

man I love those SS trailblazers :smokin

think im going to sell my bike and pickup another car/truck.

Last edited:
How much faster can you make an m3
Basically what Nelson said, you can pretty much only SC one to get a lot more power out of it. You could also do a stroker kit for it but those are like $15k-$25k lol

Now if you had a stroker + SC you would have one of the baddest cars on earth.

Watch this video, he's SC and beats a lot of more expensive cars plus walks a 335 
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Oh yeah this guy randomly hits me up and is interested in buying the ///M, tried to high ball him a little and he wants to check it out this weekend, not sure how to feel bros 
laugh.gif

Oh yeah this guy randomly hits me up and is interested in buying the ///M, tried to high ball him a little and he wants to check it out this weekend, not sure how to feel bros :lol:
Does Alpina make a supercharger for bmw's?

Or is it just cosmetic changes?

Your gonna sell yours?

Does Alpina make a supercharger for bmw's?

Or is it just cosmetic changes?

Your gonna sell yours?
I don't think so, seems like they offer more turbo applications. 

Man I don't really want to but if I could pay mine off and pocket $6k-8k Id really consider it. Id still be losing though, I have around $15k invested in mine.

I was just in that Gintani TT thread on M3Post the other day lol

Pretty cool they actually got it to work but its just not marketable considering they want double the price of a SC kit for it.

Back
Top Bottom