\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Check and see if it's even legal to tint the front windshield in your state first.

Safe and hassle free tint setup would be about 20%-35% on your sides and rears.

Pay extra to have the installer use a) tint film with a ceramic coating to offer cooling and fade resistance and b) computer cut tint as you don't want some hack butchering your weatherstrip and/or paint by cutting it on the car.

Just my $0.02.

Need tints on my car. Whats a good % to go for in NYC? Tint the windshield or just the windows?

Drive a 2018 GS350 F sport in smoky granite.

Limit on tinting in NY is 70%

You will get pulled over for tint no matter the percentage in NYC. Bc from the factory the glass has a natural 70% tint so any film on it even 70% film will make it darker. Its a money maker for the city. 98 dollars per window.

As far as the windshield goes, you are only allowed to tint to the AS1 line legally.

Tint the whole windshield, be prepared to be harassed by NYPD and then the MTA police and State police at the midtown tunnel, battery park tunnel and the RFK bridge. Ask me how I know. Lol

Also it will fail inspection with tint below 70.

But if you have dark tint like I do, I do have a hook up for inspection :lol:

IMG_20190223_093826.jpg
IMG_20190223_093811.jpg

Nice to see another fellow tacoer

Here’s mines. Got a few more mods in the works
96A87397-4BDB-4C67-9BB8-A6FC102DDD77.jpeg

How reliability been?

I got a nismo frontier and hate it but I just threw an ome lift and new engine in it so I’m not gonna pitch it yet because it’s under warranty now. Honestly it’s been the most unreliable pos I’ve owned.

I’m thinking either Tacoma or new ranger next. I’ve had several 3rd gen 4runners and they have been flawless I don’t know new Toyotas though.
What year is your frontier? My dad has a 2011 that he bought new and he hasn’t had any major issues. 120k miles

Nice to see another fellow tacoer

Here’s mines. Got a few more mods in the works
96A87397-4BDB-4C67-9BB8-A6FC102DDD77.jpeg

Liking this color a lot and seeing it on a lot of newer cars.

I got my Civic Hatch Sport in that similar color, seen a Volvo SUV (XC40 is it?) in a similar color though slightly more blue to it.

The 2nd gen Scion TC’s and F80 M4’s had a color like that as well right? What else?

:smh::smh:
Why do NSX have to be so damn expensive now. I would love to get one of those.

Man that sucks I thought Nissan had better reliability than that man, seems like everything but the kitchen sink if giving you problems.

I mean I bought it used as just a daily driver snow mobile but ****. :lol:

I was thinking it was the same company from the 90s. Nope qc is trash.

What year is your frontier? My dad has a 2011 that he bought new and he hasn’t had any major issues. 120k miles

2006, yeah man everyone has had good luck but me. That’s why I’m still driving it. Eventually all the parts on it will be new. :lol:

Motor blew 2 months after I bought it so who knows what the previous owner did or didn’t do. Now I got a fresh one in so whatever at least that’s good... knock on wood.

Last used vehicle I’ll buy though unless it’s a classic project or something.

2006, yeah man everyone has had good luck but me. That’s why I’m still driving it. Eventually all the parts on it will be new. :lol:

Motor blew 2 months after I bought it so who knows what the previous owner did or didn’t do. Now I got a fresh one in so whatever at least that’s good... knock on wood.

Last used vehicle I’ll buy though unless it’s a classic project or something.
That’s weird. Maybe the previous owner just trashed it tbh cause I’ve known many people with frontiers and they all have lasted long. My mom has a pathfinder 2012 and it’s been great for her as well. Any recent Nissan is garbage since they started using those cvt transmissions

Yeah idk what the deal is, I got it becasue it’s a nismo and clean af with no rust.

I know some old people traded it in but I just don’t think they did any maintenance.

Yeah I hear those cvt transmissions are a nightmare.

sgamon sgamon

My ‘16 Maxima lease is up June 4th. My next car will be financed, something I can ride until the wheels fall off. Likely a 2015+ Lexus GS350 F Sport. I’m already doing my research now. My question is, how soon can I consider purchasing if my lease is up in June?

If you have positive equity on your lease, trade it in/sell it now and use that cash towards your next car.

Limit on tinting in NY is 70%

You will get pulled over for tint no matter the percentage in NYC. Bc from the factory the glass has a natural 70% tint so any film on it even 70% film will make it darker. Its a money maker for the city. 98 dollars per window.

As far as the windshield goes, you are only allowed to tint to the AS1 line legally.

Tint the whole windshield, be prepared to be harassed by NYPD and then the MTA police and State police at the midtown tunnel, battery park tunnel and the RFK bridge. Ask me how I know. Lol

Also it will fail inspection with tint below 70.

But if you have dark tint like I do, I do have a hook up for inspection :lol:

Haha. Very true here in NY.

I love my shop for always doing my inspection no matter how dark my tint is. The staff and owner are of a much older generation, but they always have trusted me not to do some knucklehead **** to get attention.

-Drew

Back
Top Bottom