\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Just picked up a new front lip

I feel like it’s gonna get destroyed within an hour lol

29895B7D-FAFE-4074-A0A3-60EE78CE56B2.jpeg
B678E601-6666-483A-80ED-6955E318C7AD.jpeg
You have stock suspension?

Hey guys I’m in the market for a street car that I plan to track and daily in nice weather. Maybe join a spec series race eventually or time attack if I get serious.
My budget is 15k.

So far I’m leaning towards a C5 corvette. Hopefully a z06 if I come across a high mileage one.
I also like the e46 330ci/m3 platform but I’m worried about maintenance cost plus the notorious subframe/rod bearing issue on top it.

I’m open to other cars except miata’s 😂.

btw I recently test drove a 06 350z manual with 60k miles on Craigslist . He was asking 12.5k but I felt it was too expensive for what is was. I test drove it bc I always wanted one when I was college.

so far I think the c5 is my best bet. What do you guys think?

C5 and E46 are both great options...If possible, I'd try to get one of each lol.

A few years ago, like around 2018~ prices on C5 Z06 were insanely low. I was regularly seeing low-mileage examples for around $21-22k. Pretty sure prices have gone up a good amount now.

If you are going for any E46 besides the M3, you don't have to worry about the subframe issues or the rod-bearings. Subframe was an issue on the M3, and moreso on ones that have been driven hard and abused. On the normal 3's it's really not a big deal. The non-M are some of the best daily drivers you are likely to find. They are also fairly reliable, and the common issues on them are pretty easy to DIY. 330 ZHP prices have skyrocketed, but you can still find good deals if you are open to 323/325/328/non ZHP 330. You will likely have to travel to find a good, clean example though. If you have any other E46 questions just let me know, been around them for decades.

C5's are also great, reliable cars. Even non-Z06 are awesome. IMO C5 is the pinnacle of Corvette design and usability...after that they got too fast for my use. The interior is absolutely gross, though, so I don't think I'd want to daily one.

C5 and E46 are both great options...If possible, I'd try to get one of each lol.

A few years ago, like around 2018~ prices on C5 Z06 were insanely low. I was regularly seeing low-mileage examples for around $21-22k. Pretty sure prices have gone up a good amount now.

If you are going for any E46 besides the M3, you don't have to worry about the subframe issues or the rod-bearings. Subframe was an issue on the M3, and moreso on ones that have been driven hard and abused. On the normal 3's it's really not a big deal. The non-M are some of the best daily drivers you are likely to find. They are also fairly reliable, and the common issues on them are pretty easy to DIY. 330 ZHP prices have skyrocketed, but you can still find good deals if you are open to 323/325/328/non ZHP 330. You will likely have to travel to find a good, clean example though. If you have any other E46 questions just let me know, been around them for decades.

C5's are also great, reliable cars. Even non-Z06 are awesome. IMO C5 is the pinnacle of Corvette design and usability...after that they got too fast for my use. The interior is absolutely gross, though, so I don't think I'd want to daily one.

Thanks for the info. Yea you’re right, clean low mileage c5 z06s are going for low 30s in my area. You guys got me leaning towards the c5. When I had my 2020 camaro SS and took it to my local road course track. The most popular car there was the Miata, and second place would be c5 zo6s. I had to sell the camaro bc I have a new born and needed a family car.

Always wanted an e46 when I was younger. Maybe I’ll snag one up as a project car when I have time.

My cousin had one of those notchback z06 and I hated the look, think the normal c5 looks so much better.

Thanks for the info. Yea you’re right, clean low mileage c5 z06s are going for low 30s in my area. You guys got me leaning towards the c5. When I had my 2020 camaro SS and took it to my local road course track. The most popular car there was the Miata, and second place would be c5 zo6s. I had to sell the camaro bc I have a new born and needed a family car.

Always wanted an e46 when I was younger. Maybe I’ll snag one up as a project car when I have time.

They were true performance cars...Until the C5 American cars had an awful reputation when they actually had to take a turn and weren't just going in a straight line. C5 definitely addressed those critics, a lot of engineering went into the rigidity. Fairly cheap to maintain, easy to mod too.

The good thing is C5 were produced in pretty big numbers. But if you can, you should find a fixed roof manual non Z-06...but iirc they are pretty rare, you see more targas and convertibles.

Hey guys I’m in the market for a street car that I plan to track and daily in nice weather. Maybe join a spec series race eventually or time attack if I get serious.
My budget is 15k.

So far I’m leaning towards a C5 corvette. Hopefully a z06 if I come across a high mileage one.
I also like the e46 330ci/m3 platform but I’m worried about maintenance cost plus the notorious subframe/rod bearing issue on top it.

I’m open to other cars except miata’s 😂.

btw I recently test drove a 06 350z manual with 60k miles on Craigslist . He was asking 12.5k but I felt it was too expensive for what is was. I test drove it bc I always wanted one when I was college.

so far I think the c5 is my best bet. What do you guys think?
If you can get over the crappy interior of the C5 it's the obvious choice for the budget. The e46 could never seriously outperform or be as reliable as the vette.

Or hell he could get a base c6,decent step up and i dont know how many times i heard about some old **** at a car show talk about how he got one in the 20k range

If it's natural I will allow it, but if you doing it on purpose. Trash, as bad as certain group of people hitting up Autozone and getting every plastic metallic piece and putting it on there car.

That's a fair assessment. Most cars are tuned to do it. Some cars, it's the way the exhaust comes stock from the factory. There is ZERO way to not make the SVR's exhaust crackle and pop. It does it all the time, lol. Same with a Huracan. But the tuner cars and some BMWs, it's definitely added.

Today's Supercars on Saturday at McLaren. HOLY BLEEP what a show!! I'll let the pics show how crazy it was today.

PXL_20210925_125533158.jpg
PXL_20210925_125620125.MP.jpg
PXL_20210925_125640322.jpg
PXL_20210925_125701758.MP.jpg
PXL_20210925_125806533.jpg
PXL_20210925_130105864.MP.jpg
PXL_20210925_142828413.jpg
PXL_20210925_141438751.jpg
PXL_20210925_140809403.MP.jpg
PXL_20210925_150218059.jpg

Yeah, incredible today. There were actually 3 Sennas (I missed the black with yellow trim one that came in late), with one being the track only GTR. 2 Elvas (that white one I've never seen. Incredible spec), 2 765LTs and a Speedtail. Quick backstory on the Speedtail owner. He also owns the one blue 765LT, a one off color Elva (that I posted a pic of before) and that silver Senna above, was his. He traded it when he got his GTR version. Unreal!

Then a Spyker came in. Those are really rare. Audi 4.2 V8 with an incredible interior. Then a Mercedes McLaren SLR pulled in. Then after that, my unicorn, an LFA came in! I've never seen one in person. Always missed it at local events. Not today! And just before a few of us left for lunch, that Ford GT Carbon Series in Extended Color Palate Chalk (yes the Porsche PTS color) came in as well. Local guy who posted it on his Instagram. Was hoping to see it. Looks incredible.

And that was only the one lot. I didn't even take pics of the side lot with the other cars like some Porsches, GT350s, a few other Lamborghinis, a Lotus 400 (my next car I want). I took my 2006 Mustang GT. While it's pedantic next to some of the regular upscale cars, I keep getting complements on how well it looks (paint and condition) nearly 16 years since I took it home. Those words made me smile.😎

Oh, and back to the LFA. The owner was super nice. He was talking to another guy and he hear me talk to my buddy I came with (his C6 vette is stunning) about the exhaust. He agreed with my sentiment (to a point)...that the LFA is the best sounding car (factory) ever made. He said, at normal speed, the Carrera GT sounds better as it's set up for more sound all the time, but at full send, full tilt, the LFA is unmatched. And this was all from the outside. He said inside the car, the LFA without question, as Lexus has the exhaust funnelled inside the cabin since it's so insulated. He left and before he "hit it" he rev'd it a few in the parking lot. When he left, he was maybe using half of the tach and it was like a religious experience, hearing that in person! Almost thought an older F1 car did a pass down the road, lol. Can't imagine it at redline. Hope you all like the pics! Maybe I'll post the video of the pass.

Today's Supercars on Saturday at McLaren. HOLY BLEEP what a show!! I'll let the pics show how crazy it was today.

PXL_20210925_125533158.jpg
PXL_20210925_125620125.MP.jpg
PXL_20210925_125640322.jpg
PXL_20210925_125701758.MP.jpg
PXL_20210925_125806533.jpg
PXL_20210925_130105864.MP.jpg
PXL_20210925_142828413.jpg
PXL_20210925_141438751.jpg
PXL_20210925_140809403.MP.jpg
PXL_20210925_150218059.jpg

Yeah, incredible today. There were actually 3 Sennas (I missed the black with yellow trim one that came in late), with one being the track only GTR. 2 Elvas (that white one I've never seen. Incredible spec), 2 765LTs and a Speedtail. Quick backstory on the Speedtail owner. He also owns the one blue 765LT, a one off color Elva (that I posted a pic of before) and that silver Senna above, was his. He traded it when he got his GTR version. Unreal!

Then a Spyker came in. Those are really rare. Audi 4.2 V8 with an incredible interior. Then a Mercedes McLaren SLR pulled in. Then after that, my unicorn, an LFA came in! I've never seen one in person. Always missed it at local events. Not today! And just before a few of us left for lunch, that Ford GT Carbon Series in Extended Color Palate Chalk (yes the Porsche PTS color) came in as well. Local guy who posted it on his Instagram. Was hoping to see it. Looks incredible.

And that was only the one lot. I didn't even take pics of the side lot with the other cars like some Porsches, GT350s, a few other Lamborghinis, a Lotus 400 (my next car I want). I took my 2006 Mustang GT. While it's pedantic next to some of the regular upscale cars, I keep getting complements on how well it looks (paint and condition) nearly 16 years since I took it home. Those words made me smile.😎

Oh, and back to the LFA. The owner was super nice. He was talking to another guy and he hear me talk to my buddy I came with (his C6 vette is stunning) about the exhaust. He agreed with my sentiment (to a point)...that the LFA is the best sounding car (factory) ever made. He said, at normal speed, the Carrera GT sounds better as it's set up for more sound all the time, but at full send, full tilt, the LFA is unmatched. And this was all from the outside. He said inside the car, the LFA without question, as Lexus has the exhaust funnelled inside the cabin since it's so insulated. He left and before he "hit it" he rev'd it a few in the parking lot. When he left, he was maybe using half of the tach and it was like a religious experience, hearing that in person! Almost thought an older F1 car did a pass down the road, lol. Can't imagine it at redline. Hope you all like the pics! Maybe I'll post the video of the pass.

Great collection of cars. Spyker is prob the best interior ever, work of art.

Yeah I gotta agree, the LFA sounds soooooo insanely nice. But watch where you say that, might get called rice :lol:

IMO the Elva looks better than SP1/SP2. I'm not a huge fan of those open top cars, but the Elva works. Their was a gold one at Goodwood that looked really slick.

So hard to find a good car for the right price right now. Really don’t like anything out there, even leases are crazy high.

Back
Top Bottom