\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I don’t get any thrills out of a manual but you need it for heavy haul work and off road.

Truck transmissions are pretty dumb so an auto would be horrible on soft ground or when I’m really heavy.

There’s things you can do in a manual like start in 5th gear and pin it if you’re stuck in the mud to get you out. The autos really just are good for on road standard trucking.

Maybe in 10 more years they’ll be up to the task though.
Ohhh! Now I get it & makes sense. Ty for the clarification. You seen those videos of full autonomous 18 wheelers Volvo is making?

Nah, if they’re volvo I bet they’ll be good and safe though.

I don’t like volvo trucks too much but damn they’re comfy and probably the safest on the road.

You got a link?

Doin it NY style 💪:lol:
Screenshot_20220608-184037_Gallery.jpg

Wife said goodbye to this beauty yesterday.
PXL_20220607_163821836.jpg

Fun car with a great story that came with it when she bought it. But unless you have a shop/lift to work on classic cars, they are more of a hassle than anything. But it was a good car and she had great memories. It's time for someone to be the next caretaker. 👍

P.S. something is already replacing the empty garage space. 😉

Fun car with a great story that came with it when she bought it. But unless you have a shop/lift to work on classic cars, they are more of a hassle than anything. But it was a good car and she had great memories. It's time for someone to be the next caretaker. 👍

Damn what a beauty. I like seeing first gen camaros around but personally I like the real big body muscle cars. Any plans for what's next :nerd:

\\

sheesh those wheels are awesome!!

for whomever that dude is in the pic tell em to start doin some squats mane!!! dude lookin like a pancake!

Supra with a 2jz and overnight parts from Japan?

It’s damn near impossible to find a 2021 or 2022 S5 in the tri-state that isn’t already accounted for or egregiously overpriced.

Don’t even know what to get anymore. All of my top options are unattainable right now. Oh well.

\\

sheesh those wheels are awesome!!

for whomever that dude is in the pic tell em to start doin some squats mane!!! dude lookin like a pancake!

Guy was the transport driver hired by the dealer she traded it in to, who came to pick it up.

And those wheels are VERY period correct of the time they were added. Centerline solid dish wheels. 👍

Damn what a beauty. I like seeing first gen camaros around but personally I like the real big body muscle cars. Any plans for what's next :nerd:

A car is already lined up and should be shipped hopefully in a few weeks. Won't spoil anything
but it will be something to see and NOT the norm. And no, it's not Italian. 😋 She wanted something newer and different. It definitely sounds wicked. You'll see pics soon enough! 👍

A car is already lined up and should be shipped hopefully in a few weeks. Won't spoil anything
but it will be something to see and NOT the norm. And no, it's not Italian. 😋 She wanted something newer and different. It definitely sounds wicked. You'll see pics soon enough! 👍
Guessing some sort of Porsche, AMG or ///M. Maybe an Aston or McLaren 👀

Guessing some sort of Porsche, AMG or ///M. Maybe an Aston or McLaren 👀

Nope nope nope nope & nope, lol. She's not a fan of Porsche. As stated by others in our car circle, that unless your really into cars, they all look similar, sands the GT cars, and frankly a regular 911 or S or 4S aren't super special. No MB & BMW, as they are not of any interest to her. And definitely not a McLaren or Aston. She has the SVR which is more powerful than most reasonably priced Astons plus it's way more rare. And why buy a McLaren when she already had a LP Gallardo. No one's gonna guess it, lol. It's unique. I'll post pics eventually. 👍

Honda/Acura really mucking these up with their cars man. Been looking at new A90 Supra videos and its really grown on me in looks. Modified they look amazing.

That being said, the new Supra looks like kinda the old one, atleast in the front.

BDC9EBEB-580F-4738-BC39-3D63DC6A77A2.jpeg

The R35 GTR well, the back end says enough with its past gens.

DC02C5FC-BD9E-489E-8B37-A9C8EC4D0B5F.jpeg

And heres Honda, just putting **** out there that has nothing to do or even design cues from their past cars.

BAD7762C-7B7C-462F-BF41-833F386B7584.jpeg

The new NSX isnt ugly, but they coudnt design it without some cues for the 1st gen like the Supra and GTR did?

I mean look at the new Integra. Laughable. Just slapping the Integra name on basically a new gen ILX.

What yall doing over there Honda?

Honda/Acura really mucking these up with their cars man. Been looking at new A90 Supra videos and its really grown on me in looks. Modified they look amazing.

That being said, the new Supra looks like kinda the old one, atleast in the front.

BDC9EBEB-580F-4738-BC39-3D63DC6A77A2.jpeg

The R35 GTR well, the back end says enough with its past gens.

DC02C5FC-BD9E-489E-8B37-A9C8EC4D0B5F.jpeg

And heres Honda, just putting **** out there that has nothing to do or even design cues from their past cars.

BAD7762C-7B7C-462F-BF41-833F386B7584.jpeg

They really ****ed up the design with the new NSX...The front bumper with the black grille looks like a Camry lol.
Then they had a chance to somewhat redeem themselves with the Integra and ****ed that one up even more.

As for the new Supra, I actually dislike it the more I see them. They kind of look cool at first glance, but the more I look at it up close, the more I'm very unsure about the design. But yeah the headlights were a good move for the most part, they are easily identified as a nod to the old car. Not sure about how the bottom of the headlight swoops down to the skinny part though.

Same with R35 like you mentioned, I'm glad they at last kept the tail lights as a nod to the old cars.

If you had unveiled the new NSX or new Integra and completely debadged it, no one would ever guess the predecessor cars. That is a fact.

Nope nope nope nope & nope, lol. She's not a fan of Porsche. As stated by others in our car circle, that unless your really into cars, they all look similar, sands the GT cars, and frankly a regular 911 or S or 4S aren't super special. No MB & BMW, as they are not of any interest to her. And definitely not a McLaren or Aston. She has the SVR which is more powerful than most reasonably priced Astons plus it's way more rare. And why buy a McLaren when she already had a LP Gallardo. No one's gonna guess it, lol. It's unique. I'll post pics eventually. 👍

Excited to see what is in the works. I'll throw out a few guesses for fun.

Evora, Elise, Emira?

I know you are partial to the new MC20, so maybe she is a fan of those too?

Last guess...Dodge Viper RT/10? Add another V10 to the garage? Lol

Those are my guesses for now. I hope whatever it is will be in a cool spec!

They really ****ed up the design with the new NSX...The front bumper with the black grille looks like a Camry lol.
Then they had a chance to somewhat redeem themselves with the Integra and ****ed that one up even more.

As for the new Supra, I actually dislike it the more I see them. They kind of look cool at first glance, but the more I look at it up close, the more I'm very unsure about the design. But yeah the headlights were a good move for the most part, they are easily identified as a nod to the old car. Not sure about how the bottom of the headlight swoops down to the skinny part though.

Same with R35 like you mentioned, I'm glad they at last kept the tail lights as a nod to the old cars.

If you had unveiled the new NSX or new Integra and completely debadged it, no one would ever guess the predecessor cars. That is a fact.

Sucks cause the NSX is my absolute fav JDM legend. Honda really coudnt make any kind of design cue to from the old one at all? AT ALL? And again the new Integra, despicable man.

The new Supra looks best from the back. I also dont like how the headlights have that extra line on the bottom.

A9C3AD6E-76F4-488D-849E-53871B20F7DB.jpeg

88711573-357D-41CC-835F-52867CA0B5E8.jpeg

Mk4 still the goat.

2980E5A6-1803-4D32-ADDF-D81BB7CBC102.jpeg

1545E1CA-C3DD-4B1F-A896-1AE007A95FF0.jpeg

B7FDF0F0-EA7C-4DDD-B375-607E3679F8EA.jpeg

Is this the model that killed Paul Walker & his friend?

Yeah this is what they were in, but I wouldn't say the car is what killed them. The driver was driving nearly double the limit on public roads and on old tires. Really sad what happened, but this stresses the importance that there is a time and place to push these cars, and gotta stay on top of things like old tires. Carrera GT is almost a racecar, insane power, lightweight. On old tires any car like that is going to be very dangerous. Tires might look fine from a quick glance, but rubber deteriorates easily, especially depending on the weather and climate. Take a look at cars that are left in the sun and how rubber trims and stuff around windows can become brittle and start cracking and even turn to dust.

Actually the tire thing reminds me of Manny Khoshbin. Dude was complaining that he didn't wan to replace the tires on his Bugatti because they seemed fine and it was too expensive to change all four. Dude has some of the rarest cars and specs on the planet with 1 of 1 Hermes editions etc and changing tires on his Bugatti is too expensive? IIRC he tried to sell the car as is too. Crazy IMO.

Back
Top Bottom