\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Got this a few days ago.. 2022 Bronco Big Bend in the Area 51 color w/the hardtop. Got the windows ceramic tinted yesterday, now needs a new sound system because the factory one is 🗑 gonna go through these tires first before throwing some off-road ones on.

750FD7E0-5325-442D-A435-C93D33FA1792.jpeg

Seen a couple of the ioniqs on the road. Looks like a modern MKII GTI

Hyundai_Ioniq_5_NE_white_(6).jpg

Interesting observation. The I5 was inspired by the 1975 Hyundai Pony which along with the 1974 Golf I were designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro.

Both products were critical for those respective marquees (VW was replacing the hugely successful Beetle with the Golf I, Hyundai was launching its first car after assembling Fords) and not only was Giugiaro the logical pick as he had a lot of home runs in small car design (i.e good looking and easy to manufacture) prior, the ‘wedge shape’ stance made a lot of sense from a packaging POV on small car platforms.

The surfacing are very similar as well between both ‘original’ designs. VW of course took Golf design in-house, so it went it’s own way thematically.

F80023DA-DBDD-496D-8105-42CDDDA16B13.jpeg

1A3BF234-DDF3-4D7D-8A0C-51E263F53D3F.jpeg

Last edited:
^That looks more like a Delorean than the new Delorean.
I see a lot of references to a favorite of many designers in that age group-the Audi Quattro Coupe-with a bit of IMSA Audi 90 mixed in (Peter Schreyer who is the head of Hyundai design spent a lot of his career at VW Group-and historically has preferred this kind of surfacing in my experience):

EABC96C2-68B8-4560-BC96-4C952E3E2562.jpeg

5488D194-ACF9-438B-B9B7-BF91AA69BF93.jpeg

1CC4B10B-0231-4C2A-A7D9-75CE4E25EC7E.jpeg

80B074C1-F0C3-45FD-8520-29476E8B99CC.jpeg

1. 2020 992 Carrera S
2. 2017 NSX
3. AMG GTC Coupe
4. 2012 vantage

reasoning

the porsche probably the best drivin car and it sets the standard for what a sports car should be. also its the newest car on the list so has the best creature comforts and will probably be a blast to drive

nsx is exotic but most ppl simply don't like it cuz its a honda, but i think its cooler than the other two cars, just don't know how the experience is compared to a porsche.

amg is cool but eh

vantage ehhhh

Id put the NSX last just for how blasphemous it is to the first gen.

1. 911
2. AMG
3. Vantage
4. Toyota Model 3 Camry vvti
5. new NSX

My friends always come to me for car advice and I appreciate it.

My friend out in Cali has a 2017 (I think?) E43/53 AMG I forget but same thing and wants to know if its worth it to trade in for a Cayenne S. Performance wise, I dont think it would be a big enough difference for the price difference. Drive probably is better. Cayenne S is the mid pack no? Sorta how the 53 AMG is to the 63 AMG? Interior would probably be on par, a little simpler but just as nice. I personally like the ambiebnt lighting that E class has, but I do think it looks a TAD dated but not much.

Anyways, unless he needs the extra space and convenience of an SUV I told him maybe just keep it. Space wise anyone been in both? The E is pretty roomy and I hear the Cayenne is actually a tad smaller than one might think. What yall think?

Edit: I suggested a GLE53 :pimp: but doesnt like how it looks. michael ballack michael ballack must be his friend. I think its pretty much Cayenne S or keep the E.

Last edited:
(Peter Schreyer who is the head of Hyundai design spent a lot of his career at VW Group-and historically has preferred this kind of surfacing in my experience):
Makes sense. All these VAG references in
Hyundai/Genesis cars :lol:
The GV70's C pillar looks like the Porsche 928

2023-genesis-electrified-gv70-side-view-carbuzz-921390-1600.jpg

PORSCHE_928-GTS-1992_main.jpg

Got this a few days ago.. 2022 Bronco Big Bend in the Area 51 color w/the hardtop. Got the windows ceramic tinted yesterday, now needs a new sound system because the factory one is 🗑 gonna go through these tires first before throwing some off-road ones on.

750FD7E0-5325-442D-A435-C93D33FA1792.jpeg
Congrats! Hoping my Raptor goes into production next month.

Id put the NSX last just for how blasphemous it is to the first gen.

1. 911
2. AMG
3. Vantage
4. Toyota Model 3 Camry vvti
5. new NSX

The thing about the NSX, it never was supposed to be a new version of the old car in terms of what the prior gen was. It was to be their tech laden supercar with hybrid power to show what Honda could do. And it's done it's job. It looks cool, and is a crazy comfy daily drivable car but I'd take many other things over it. I do like how the Type S looks. Much more aggressive and exotic.

The Gen 1 NSX is gone and there is no car currently being made that is like it. Some reviews have given the Lotus as the modern version of it before it went out of production (not me saying it because one's in the garage, but several noted auto reviewers said it) with it's basic amenities, hydraulic steering (in a world of electric assistance) and bang for the buck. I don't think we'll see another NSX type car again.

The thing about the NSX, it never was supposed to be a new version of the old car in terms of what the prior gen was. It was to be their tech laden supercar with hybrid power to show what Honda could do. And it's done it's job. It looks cool, and is a crazy comfy daily drivable car but I'd take many other things over it. I do like how the Type S looks. Much more aggressive and exotic.

The Gen 1 NSX is gone and there is no car currently being made that is like it. Some reviews have given the Lotus as the modern version of it before it went out of production (not me saying it because one's in the garage, but several noted auto reviewers said it) with it's basic amenities, hydraulic steering (in a world of electric assistance) and bang for the buck. I don't think we'll see another NSX type car again.

My problem is more no design cues from the first. You can see Supra DNA in the new one, same for the new 400z and the old 240z.

Back
Top Bottom