\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Q60 was kinda whack anyway.

C coupe is gone, S coupe also, E coupe probably next to go but they have roadsters and stuff, BMW keeping the coupes around, so is Audi as far as we know.

Acura is discontinuing the NSX but I dont really put that in this category of coupes, they dont have anything else (an Integra coupe woudve been nice). Lexus had a couple coupes out, will the LC be discontinued? Is the RC discontinued? LC is lovely but that RC was trash.

Honda discontinued Civic coupes which is a travesty, Toyota still has the Supra, Nissan has the Z and GTR, which again probably a different category.

VW discontinued GTI coupes right?

Very quick thought process here, I probably missed a whole bunch of cars from the brands mentioned. :lol:

thats why i bought a F82 instead of F80. but yes, here in the US the last coupe GTI was i think 2016?

does anyone know where i can find 2 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 in a 285/35/19? tirerack is back ordered until February, and none of the other big tire sites have them. am i just SOL?

Everything is still stock
E3D64769-4C63-4436-BE6F-CBC7DC071354.jpeg

came thru the thread with some HEAT 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨

Still stock at the moment … Stock big block .. I have to add some power to this slug ..lol .. First thing is heads , cam and change out the stock fuel injection. I had started with cosmetics first and now I can focus on un choking this thing .. lol
new heads? or just porting?

Test drove the ST 400A Explorer and it has some pick up. Pleasantly surprised!.

However, the interior is lack luster, nothing screams luxury or attempt and everything seemed naked and lack luster. The rear bucket seats are stiff AF and having the kids climb on the 3rd seat to then roll the seats back would be a hassle for them. Although it appears to be longer body, with the 3rd seat up it still lacks storage, but it has automatic foldimg chairs which was cool.

The lane assists was hit or miss, not fully engaged or corrective all the time. Ride was smooth but not as cushion as others in the class probably because of the ST line.

Overall I like it but is not something that is telling me to buy it now. Also paying 50k for an almost 3 year vehicle with 20k miles when the sticker was 52k seems like a dumb idea.

Not sure where I go from here ...

Test drove the ST 400A Explorer and it has some pick up. Pleasantly surprised!.

However, the interior is lack luster, nothing screams luxury or attempt and everything seemed naked and lack luster. The rear bucket seats are stiff AF and having the kids climb on the 3rd seat to then roll the seats back would be a hassle for them. Although it appears to be longer body, with the 3rd seat up it still lacks storage, but it has automatic foldimg chairs which was cool.

The lane assists was hit or miss, not fully engaged or corrective all the time. Ride was smooth but not as cushion as others in the class probably because of the ST line.

Overall I like it but is not something that is telling me to buy it now. Also paying 50k for an almost 3 year vehicle with 20k miles when the sticker was 52k seems like a dumb idea.

Not sure where I go from here ...
whats wrong wit da yukon denali??
the at4 is pretty sick
1664231187854.png

30k more that my wife doesn't want to spend right now. 😒 but ultimately the Denali was what I was aiming for. But between a new pool and property in the Caribbean she doesn't want to spend much on a vehicle right now.

I was looking at the new 3rd Row cherokee overland. Might check it out.

Telluride would be my choice if I was in the market for a non-full Luxury SUV (MB, BMW, Audi) which sounds like you are.

ST 400A Explorer

30k more that my wife doesn't want to spend right now. 😒 but ultimately the Denali was what I was aiming for. But between a new pool and property in the Caribbean she doesn't want to spend much on a vehicle right now.

I was looking at the new 3rd Row cherokee overland. Might check it out.

With third row?

Telluride would be my choice if I was in the market for a non-full Luxury SUV (MB, BMW, Audi) which sounds like you are.

cant give in and get a kia :frown: was looking at the new pallisade but started reading on some really bad transmission/lemon concerns.

now I'm back to square one in my search.

might settle on a jeep also. My current jeep is on its last leg.

With third row?

cant give in and get a kia :frown: was looking at the new pallisade but started reading on some really bad transmission/lemon concerns.

now I'm back to square one in my search.

might settle on a jeep also. My current jeep is on its last leg.

Aint nothing wrong with a Kia. Telluride is the hardest SUV in its class and it aint close. Id much rather have one than the new Grand Cherokee truthfully, which I think looks terrible looking. The previous gen JGC was perfection.

Also how you looking into a Palisade and saying you cant give in and get a Kia? Hyundai and Kia sister companies.

Aint nothing wrong with a Kia. Telluride is the hardest SUV in its class and it aint close. Id much rather have one than the new Grand Cherokee truthfully, which I think looks terrible looking. The previous gen JGC was perfection.

Also how you looking into a Palisade and saying you cant give in and get a Kia? Hyundai and Kia sister companies.
Yeah ... maybe is the name, but the Kia is a hard pass for me. I much rather go the Palisades Calligraphy 100% of the time.

Kia looks nice but ....

Anyways ... I went to test drive the Overland today and probably buy it and when I got there, they had just finished selling it.

Talked to the guy and he trying to find me a 23 with the Hemi. Not sure if I go with it thought and no way a KIA beats this ... Palisades inside are hard so Im guessing the kia is about the same.

20220927_105140.jpg

technology n the caligraphy edition is amazing. haven't seen it in anything else. but then i dont know too much about cars either. but cant give in to the kia. lol

jeep interior isn’t bad for what it is.

Wrangler interior is better than bronco but that’s not saying much. :lol:

technology n the caligraphy edition is amazing. haven't seen it in anything else. but then i dont know too much about cars either. but cant give in to the kia. lol

Wylin, Telluride looks tough af compared to the Palisade. :pimp:

29269E75-38ED-4CD1-AF6A-EF68BDE85808.jpeg

1639BC03-7EDF-44C7-9DA9-DFD3E84F0E4E.jpeg

keko jones keko jones

New JGC looks like a durr durr. I hate what they did to the front end. Looks "special". They made the grill and headlights too squinting looking. Interior is leaps and bounds better than the previous gen though and better than the Telluride, but no way can I get over how it looks. Im 100% taking a Telluride. Its like the new G80, dont care how well it performs, I cant get over the lung grills.

877CD136-E7FC-4922-8DA8-A5BA029670C8.jpeg

Last edited:
100% agree the Telluride is one of the best looking SUVs out right now. When drivers leave the DRLs on man it looks so 🔥driving down the road. The new Jeeps are nice also, imo. The top of the line trims have this LED screen in the passenger side with a bunch of cool stuff on it for the passenger & to lessen distractions for the driver from the drivers angle it can't be seen. Pretty cool.

Wylin, Telluride looks tough af compared to the Palisade. :pimp:

29269E75-38ED-4CD1-AF6A-EF68BDE85808.jpeg

1639BC03-7EDF-44C7-9DA9-DFD3E84F0E4E.jpeg

keko jones keko jones

New JGC looks like a durr durr. I hate what they did to the front end. Looks "special". They made the grill and headlights too squinting looking. Interior is leaps and bounds better than the previous gen though and better than the Telluride, but no way can I get over how it looks. Im 100% taking a Telluride. Its like the new G80, dont care how well it performs, I cant get over the lung grills.

877CD136-E7FC-4922-8DA8-A5BA029670C8.jpeg
The KIA is nice but it looks way to sporty and nothing luxury IMO. FOR ME the Palisades has a luxurious looks not seen in the KIA. Intirior wise the Palisades is dope AF not sure how the KIA is ....

I agree with you when it comes to the grill and even the L GC looks funny, but when yiu have the air suspension and drop it it looks pretty freaking dope. The Overland and above trims are above the KIA and the interior as well.

No way I drive a KIA over a JGC .... again none of these are my choices to be clear. I just have to keep the wife happy. **** around and find a used Denali with moderate miles for the price of these Brand New and its a done deal.

picasso swerve picasso swerve if you dont like the front end on this, Im sure yiu hate it even more on the MDX huh?

The KIA is nice but it looks way to sporty and nothing luxury IMO. FOR ME the Palisades has a luxurious looks not seen in the KIA. Intirior wise the Palisades is dope AF not sure how the KIA is ....

I agree with you when it comes to the grill and even the L GC looks funny, but when yiu have the air suspension and drop it it looks pretty freaking dope. The Overland and above trims are above the KIA and the interior as well.

No way I drive a KIA over a JGC .... again none of these are my choices to be clear. I just have to keep the wife happy. **** around and find a used Denali with moderate miles for the price of these Brand New and its a done deal.

picasso swerve picasso swerve if you dont like the front end on this, Im sure yiu hate it even more on the MDX huh?

Telluride looks TOUGH. Thats what I like about it, I like boxy SUV's, not SUV's with soft lines.The Palisade looks more lux, thanks to the grill but its overall shape im not as much a fan of. Theres a reason why guys gravitate towards boxier SUV's, its more stout, tougher look. Look what they did to the Rav 4, made it boxier and more rugged looking instead of how soft the lines were. Look at why people love G Wagons and Range Rovers, not just the nameplate but how rugged (yet luxurious) they look. JGC man...last gen was perfect how it looked, best gen exterior wise. They butchered it, I thought it would grow on me but nah, theres a Jeep dealer near where I live and I pass them all the time. Its like they tried to mix that rugged look and make it more refined and elevated and missed the mark.

In any case, whats the JGC and MDX front end have in common that id hate the MDX also? Im not a huge huge fan of the MDX but the front end does look better than the JGC by far. Id take an MDX over one easily. JGC interior is nicer but the MDX aint shabby either.

Back
Top Bottom