\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I’ve driven sq7 a good amount. I know what they are.
Sure you have. ...a good amount.
What other 3 row SUV would be just as agile?

jake-tapper-jake-tapper-crickets.gif

Last edited:
It’s not a toned down Z4. It’s a higher performing car. It’s beat the crap out of the new Z in every comparison. It has the proper I-6 and RWD platform and Toyota developed their own manual for it which also has gotten rave reviews. It’s sold well and tons of people have modified it. It’s also relativity affordable. The GT-R is twice to four times the price and the NSX was 3-4 times the price.

Range Rovers now use the BMW V-8. Aston Martin uses the Benz V-8. Acura’s electric suv is a GM rebadge. etc etc
Higher performing car in what category, the Z is faster around the track, in test it either beats the Supra or ties it. Do you own the new Z4 or Supra, because almost every review says the Supra is just a rebadged Z4. I am going to trust reviewers with more behind the wheel time, unless you own either and are putting it through it's paces. Selling well and having "tons" of people modify it doesn't speak highly of the car. Using nostalgia as a selling point I'm sure has nothing to do with it selling right. Tons have modified Civics, and tons have sold.

Why are you mentioning the GT-R or the NSX neither have anything to do with the conversation. If you are trying to compare performance numbers of the GT-R and Supra, that isn't even close. Ancient performance numbers of a car that only gets minor upgrades in the GT-R versus the Supra Toyota just picked up from the BMW store and changed a couple things.

I won't go so far as the Supra is the Great Value Z4. However it certainly isn't the car people were expecting when they heard a new Supra was coming out. Toyota botched it and is only now trying to fix it. Yeah, they upped the horsepower the very next year it was released. Yeah they are offering a manual. They could have released the car day one with this, I'm good.

Higher performing car in what category, the Z is faster around the track, in test it either beats the Supra or ties it. Do you own the new Z4 or Supra, because almost every review says the Supra is just a rebadged Z4. I am going to trust reviewers with more behind the wheel time, unless you own either and are putting it through it's paces. Selling well and having "tons" of people modify it doesn't speak highly of the car. Using nostalgia as a selling point I'm sure has nothing to do with it selling right. Tons have modified Civics, and tons have sold.

Why are you mentioning the GT-R or the NSX neither have anything to do with the conversation. If you are trying to compare performance numbers of the GT-R and Supra, that isn't even close. Ancient performance numbers of a car that only gets minor upgrades in the GT-R versus the Supra Toyota just picked up from the BMW store and changed a couple things.

I won't go so far as the Supra is the Great Value Z4. However it certainly isn't the car people were expecting when they heard a new Supra was coming out. Toyota botched it and is only now trying to fix it. Yeah, they upped the horsepower the very next year it was released. Yeah they are offering a manual. They could have released the car day one with this, I'm good.
My god did you even read the link you posted? lol

This is the best version in the Z's storied history, but the Toyota GR Supra simply outmatches it. While styling may be subjective, resistance to the Supra's exterior design may be enough to drive some shoppers to the Z, however.

In every other way, the Supra wins the bout as the superior sports car. As much as the Z is better than the 370Z it replaces, it's more of a "sporty" car compared to the Supra. Perhaps a future higher-performing Nismo Z could help even the scorecards, but it's unlikely that will correct the interior missteps. To wrap it all up in a final boxing metaphor, the Z is swinging wildly hoping for a lucky knockout, while the Supra confidently lands unanswered precision strikes.

. I’ve driven many Supras, tracked them and driven the Z4. Need to drive the new Z.

Another comparison the Supra destroys the Z. Like the performance isn’t close. Mind you I still LOVE the Z and glad it’s here. But it’s more a refresh it’s not an all new car.

In Summary

Supra is lighter
Supra is faster
Supra brakes better
Supra has high skidpad numbers
Supra has better steering
Supra has better handling

Nods ain't enough for me, BMW is just a toned down Z4. That ain't the move for me. Toyota let BMW hit them with the okey doke, gave them an older engine in there joint venture. Concept looked way better than finished product. Performance test for new Z are not looking to good when compared to competition.

Not the article I was looking for, recall a YouTube video with the Z and other new cars.

Performance aside, how you gonna call it anything other than a Supra considering how it looks though? :lol:

Wifes SQ7 is a beast and far more agile than the X7 M50i I had and definitely more comfortable on road than the X5M.
I can agree most S are not on par with competitors overall but there are some things Audi does very well and sometimes better.
Personally, I prefer their understated designs.
SQ7.jpg

hows the overall interior and features? it looks great, congrats on the purchase
Im considering one of these for myself once I take my XC90 back, also looking at X5's and additional 3 row SUVs

hows the overall interior and features? it looks great, congrats on the purchase
Im considering one of these for myself once I take my XC90 back, also looking at X5's and additional 3 row SUVs
She’s had it for 1.5 now and funny enough she came from an XC90 we had picked up in Sweden. We thought we that was one we were going to keep for the long haul but the Sensus system was super laggy and quirky. We also had opted for the spring suspension RDesign w/22’s and the ride was near comparable to a Jeep Wrangler. We actually like the dual screen on the Audi and don’t mind the lack of hard buttons. Seats are comfortable and plenty of room for the 2 car seats in the back and ample cargo area. Only thing it does lack is storage in the front seats and it would be nice if captains chairs were in option in the second row. If we were to buy now I’d give the GLS a hard look.

Last edited:
Sure you have. ...a good amount.
What other 3 row SUV would be just as agile?

jake-tapper-jake-tapper-crickets.gif
None. None of them are agile. It’s a ****ing yacht for christs sake. It’s not a fun car to do anything but go fast straight, like I said originally.

None. None of them are agile. It’s a ****ing yacht for christs sake. It’s not a fun car to do anything but go fast straight, like I said originally.
SUV

Btw ..dont you drive the small mans SUV? aka X3?
Listen man ..we cant all be 5'8" and wear a size 9.

I have a 3 ton freaking pickup truck but put that MFer on the right course and it's an agile SOB.

My god did you even read the link you posted? lol

This is the best version in the Z's storied history, but the Toyota GR Supra simply outmatches it. While styling may be subjective, resistance to the Supra's exterior design may be enough to drive some shoppers to the Z, however.

In every other way, the Supra wins the bout as the superior sports car. As much as the Z is better than the 370Z it replaces, it's more of a "sporty" car compared to the Supra. Perhaps a future higher-performing Nismo Z could help even the scorecards, but it's unlikely that will correct the interior missteps. To wrap it all up in a final boxing metaphor, the Z is swinging wildly hoping for a lucky knockout, while the Supra confidently lands unanswered precision strikes.

. I’ve driven many Supras, tracked them and driven the Z4. Need to drive the new Z.

Another comparison the Supra destroys the Z. Like the performance isn’t close. Mind you I still LOVE the Z and glad it’s here. But it’s more a refresh it’s not an all new car.

In Summary

Supra is lighter
Supra is faster
Supra brakes better
Supra has high skidpad numbers
Supra has better steering
Supra has better handling
Sigh must have rustled some new Supra fanboys today.

"My god did you even read the link you posted? lol"

Did you even read my post comparing the Z4 to the Supra? I even said in my post "Performance test for the new Z are not looking good when compared to competition." Thank you for doing the legwork and pointing out the new Supra is better than the new Nissan Z. I was never debating that.
Nods ain't enough for me, BMW is just a toned down Z4. That ain't the move for me. Toyota let BMW hit them with the okey doke, gave them an older engine in there joint venture. Concept looked way better than finished product. Performance test for new Z are not looking to good when compared to competition.

Not the article I was looking for, recall a YouTube video with the Z and other new cars.

Performance aside, how you gonna call it anything other than a Supra considering how it looks though? :lol:
Original FT-86 was planned for Toyota, they eventually decided to give the car to Scion and call it the FR-S. Names and branding can easily be changed.

Sigh must have rustled some new Supra fanboys today.

"My god did you even read the link you posted? lol"

Did you even read my post comparing the Z4 to the Supra? I even said in my post "Performance test for the new Z are not looking good when compared to competition." Thank you for doing the legwork and pointing out the new Supra is better than the new Nissan Z. I was never debating that.

Original FT-86 was planned for Toyota, they eventually decided to give the car to Scion and call it the FR-S. Names and branding can easily be changed.

I get it but people would clearly say this is the new Supra regardless of name. Just look at the headlights, thats all you need to see.

FWIW I personally think the new Supra is a sexyass car. I've only seen it less than a handful of times in real-life & it looked great in every color I saw it:yellow, red, white & Grey. Broke my neck everytime. If I had the $ I would buy the Supra w/o a 2nd thought.

i want a daily driver not sure what to get
part of me is like **** it just go for a panamera and the other part of me is like chill just spend 30k :lol:

then im like i can spend 40-45k and get an audi a8 so my mind just keeps going in circles :lol:

Go for what you really like and love. Get that Panamera…under warranty of course :lol:

SUV

Btw ..dont you drive the small mans SUV? aka X3?
Listen man ..we cant all be 5'8" and wear a size 9.

I have a 3 ton freaking pickup truck but put that MFer on the right course and it's an agile SOB.
Used to drive an X3m but have an m3 now, keep up. Not surprising you turning this into some insecure “big man” contest or whatever it is you are trying to do. :lol:

Used to drive an X3m but have an m3 now, keep up. Not surprising you turning this into some insecure “big man” contest or whatever it is you are trying to do. :lol:
Not at all. More so big SUV/ small SUV or small car.
You can’t say it’s not agile without a comparison. If you’re comparing it to like competitors it at or near the top.
Personally I wouldn’t be comfortable in anything smaller than a mid sized SUV because of having kids and their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom