\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Did he get the new or older interior? The older interior could be had with a discount. The restyled interior was actually selling. They were selling side by side on dealer lots.

87FF6F45-A326-4CE4-9131-411B473E0241.jpeg
E38A13EE-BA53-4298-A427-A49FF7B303B3.jpeg
What truck did he get and how much was it? All them Tahoes I been looking at are sky high but I was suprise used one at the auction for 22 was just as high ... like wtf

Got some new carpets/seats for the 09Tahoe.
Yesterday I took it to the wash and spent 2hrs clay barring the entire vehicle, top, both bumpers and rear hatch included.
Didn’t do a ceramic coating (I’m from the old school where clay bar or buff/color sand/orbital fixes all imperfections)but I did put a fresh coat of wax on it after the clay bar.

Pretty satisfying seeing the before/after product at the work of my old *** hands/body.

Even the wax was a hand wax and I didn’t pull out the wax applicator(and I wish I would have).

Had to spend about 30minutes after the wax removal checking since I have a plastic bra all over the front hood/bumper/door guards…it’s literally everywhere. Took a lot of work for that and the door Jams, door handles and roof rack for left behind wax. I used a small paint brush and just brushed all handles/gas tank/bumper fender transitions. Checked this morning hard and from what I could tell I only left wax on the driver door handle, it had dried and jumped right out at me immediately. Those who detail understand how easy it is to leave behind wax if you don’t know what you’re doing.
Thing looks good for a hand wax.

Last edited:

Is a wrap for them broke boys ...

On that same note, how come no one is putting tags (GPS) for theft purposes?

Last edited:
I’m so annoyed guys. I bought a car from a dealership up in northern CA to replace my Model S.

Applied from my usual credit union to get the lowest APR possible. Went from 2.44% on my Model S to now 5.44%. I feel dumb already, but whatever. I’ll pay it off early and theyll never see that full interest from me.

Go to finish the deal, and now CU is requesting free and clear title from dealership, and turns out the car has an open lien from the original owner, and was on consignment. Great. 4-6 weeks to wait for dealership to get the title to send to my bank. I’m just sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Feel like I’m waiting for escrow to close on a house. Deal should’ve been done on my bday and now it’s dragged out.

I’m so annoyed guys. I bought a car from a dealership up in northern CA to replace my Model S.

Applied from my usual credit union to get the lowest APR possible. Went from 2.44% on my Model S to now 5.44%. I feel dumb already, but whatever. I’ll pay it off early and theyll never see that full interest from me.

Go to finish the deal, and now CU is requesting free and clear title from dealership, and turns out the car has an open lien from the original owner, and was on consignment. Great. 4-6 weeks to wait for dealership to get the title to send to my bank. I’m just sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Feel like I’m waiting for escrow to close on a house. Deal should’ve been done on my bday and now it’s dragged out.
Only real issue here is the 4-6 week title delay will leave you with an expired tag. Good luck getting the dealership to extend your temp tag.
That things good for 30days only.
It’s likely they tell you that you can’t have a new tag when it expires. It would call for you to resign all papers with new dates for them to do it “legally”.
So you’ll be driving around with an expired temp tag and good luck finding an officer who pulls you over for an expired tag to let you off with a warning. Dealer will pay the tickets IF, you put the pressure to them but outside of giving them a hard time to get that done, they’ll try to tell you to F off.

As for the APR, those are all up across the board in comparison to what they were, you got the lowest available, it just happens to be twice what you had, but I take it you knew that before you went in?

Sorry to hear about the delayed title, it happens more often than you’d think.

yeah interest rates are kinda brazy right now.

hope everything smooths over and it ends up being worth the wait

The dealership won’t even release the car to me. They’re holding my down payment, and I’m just waiting for the bank to fund it once they get the title.

so no comments on how I like it so far. I have my rate and app locked for 60 days from Feb 14th. So we’re already like two full weeks into the process.

as for daily I have a model y performance that just suits me better, it’s not super fancy and expensive, has the space and enough pep for day to day commute.

as for the replacement, I want to post photos once it gets here, just frustration is building up, cause if I would’ve applied through the dealership they would’ve rolled me the car without the title and handle it on the back end, but their lowest rate was 6.1% and we would have to redo the entire contract and rescind all the paperwork that was submitted to the DMV. Felt like more of a headache than waiting. Just hoping it’s all worth it in the end.

but until the car is physically here and in my possession it ain’t mine, so I’m gonna wait a bit to post some pics.

Yea thats one of the cons with credit unions super slow when doing things

once i was buying a car in the bay and there was a typo somewhere on the check and the credit union had to reissue the check which takes like 3-5 days but i didn't wanna drive back to Socal without the whip. luckily dude was super cool i gave him the cash deposit of like 1/3 of the cars value and he let me drive home with it.

Yea thats one of the cons with credit unions super slow when doing things

once i was buying a car in the bay and there was a typo somewhere on the check and the credit union had to reissue the check which takes like 3-5 days but i didn't wanna drive back to Socal without the whip. luckily dude was super cool i gave him the cash deposit of like 1/3 of the cars value and he let me drive home with it.

Yeah man, super headache. They’re stuck in the 90s man. Who still mails checks at this point? When I sold my truck back in June the dealership Zelle’d me the equity of like 14k.

How far north did you shop man? Like Bay Area and concord or Sacramento area

Diesel was better in every way until DEF. I wouldn’t get a diesel unless I knew I was able to delete it immediately.

You really don’t gain anything with cost of ownership since they cost a lot more. That’s a lot of gas.

Back
Top Bottom