POST YOUR CAR

Originally Posted by dunwitjayz

i dont just straight line , i track too . thats what the vettes for . and i think your wrong on how much easyer it is to work on a big block then a fuel injected car . when you work on an old school its back to basics . if you dont know the basics you aint gonna get no where . i mean look at my engine . theres nothing to it . if you aint got fuel , spark , or air . you aint got !@* . and you might be right about big block parts being a bit harder to find . but 350 parts are a dime a dosen that motors been the same since the 70's when the came out to 01 whats in my z06
You do realize how much more a Vette costs than a 10+ year old Honda, right? If your budget is limited, you can't just "buy a fastcar" as you said earlier. Also, some people prefer the looks of those imports.

Either way, I agree with you on your SS's engine being easier to work on, but 95% of people who mod their cars don't do it themselves. And let's bereal, for the price of your Vette I could buy some cheap old import and turbo the !*%% out of it and it would smoke your Chevy. It's all relative myfriend.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by mjbetch
awesome looking mustang right there. how much did you get it for especially since its the Steve McQueen edition
pimp.gif
it was about 28 something, and then after everything about 30.

that !$@ can pulllll.

Originally Posted by nicefro

You can't possibly see every car as an investment. A lot of fast cars that are built from the factory to go fast depreciate fast as hell. Seen the prices on the W221 S65's, or any of the 65 or 63 cars lately. You can get them for 60% off a year or two after they've been titled. Let's not even talk about previous body CL55 or 65.
smh.gif
smokin.gif

True. I was
eek.gif
at the price of S65's on eBay.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

i dont just straight line , i track too . thats what the vettes for . and i think your wrong on how much easyer it is to work on a big block then a fuel injected car . when you work on an old school its back to basics . if you dont know the basics you aint gonna get no where . i mean look at my engine . theres nothing to it . if you aint got fuel , spark , or air . you aint got !@* . and you might be right about big block parts being a bit harder to find . but 350 parts are a dime a dosen that motors been the same since the 70's when the came out to 01 whats in my z06
You do realize how much more a Vette costs than a 10+ year old Honda, right? If your budget is limited, you can't just "buy a fast car" as you said earlier. Also, some people prefer the looks of those imports.

Either way, I agree with you on your SS's engine being easier to work on, but 95% of people who mod their cars don't do it themselves. And let's be real, for the price of your Vette I could buy some cheap old import and turbo the !*%% out of it and it would smoke your Chevy. It's all relative my friend.

i feel you about the budget thing . but i know alot of people drop more then what my vette is worth now into imports . so if your still dropin doe ! and whenyou do all those mods you gotta pay for them straigh up . aint no finaceing involved . i mean yeah if your budget is low , i dont realy think your in the rightgame . cuz speed cost !!! anyway you wanna look at it . yeah my vette cost alot . but its not like i just payed for it in cash . that *%%! takes hella payments. same as building your mod car .

Originally Posted by 23dude

i love seeing a 4 cyl. civic, beating a $40,000 vette.
imports FTW!!!
puting alot of hp in a tiny car is a sure way to be fast , but why some beater thats in the end is not worth a dime . why not buy a nove ( 2000 lb) car and put a normal 350 in it some good tires and run all over those imports ( secret to a 5000$ 10 sec car ) add some juice and your in the 9s . and youcan still sell the car for what you put into it if not more . i donno is it just me , or do i have allitle more common scence then the rest ?

imports FTW!!!
puting alot of hp in a tiny car is a sure way to be fast , but why some beater thats in the end is not worth a dime . why not buy a nove ( 2000 lb) car and put a normal 350 in it some good tires and run all over those imports ( secret to a 5000$ 10 sec car ) add some juice and your in the 9s . and youcan still sell the car for what you put into it if not more . i donno is it just me , or do i have allitle more common scence then the rest ?

There are a lot of beater but imports can do the same, here my equation 94 mirage coupe+4g63T evo III motor=a lot of beat domestics (ss, gt stangs, and acorvette or two) for 5 grand not including labor which my dad and me did ourselves over a period of months, to see domestic car owners faces after getting owedpriceless
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by importfan9000

imports FTW!!!
puting alot of hp in a tiny car is a sure way to be fast , but why some beater thats in the end is not worth a dime . why not buy a nove ( 2000 lb ) car and put a normal 350 in it some good tires and run all over those imports ( secret to a 5000$ 10 sec car ) add some juice and your in the 9s . and you can still sell the car for what you put into it if not more . i donno is it just me , or do i have allitle more common scence then the rest ?

There are a lot of beater but imports can do the same, here my equation 94 mirage coupe+4g63T evo III motor=a lot of beat domestics (ss, gt stangs, and a corvette or two) for 5 grand not including labor which my dad and me did ourselves over a period of months, to see domestic car owners faces after getting owed priceless
pimp.gif

Pics of the Mirage?

imports FTW!!!
puting alot of hp in a tiny car is a sure way to be fast , but why some beater thats in the end is not worth a dime . why not buy a nove ( 2000 lb ) car and put a normal 350 in it some good tires and run all over those imports ( secret to a 5000$ 10 sec car ) add some juice and your in the 9s . and you can still sell the car for what you put into it if not more . i donno is it just me , or do i have allitle more common scence then the rest ?
definitely not.

lol jk.

you also have to understand that you just gotta let people do what they love to do. modding imports is more than just going fast, it's also a culture (orwhatever you want to call it) i'm not into that stuff by the way.

Originally Posted by SupraMan1784

2005 Lexus IS300
5-Speed

took me forever to find a stick IS300 with low miles. i just broke the 25k mile mark about 2 weeks back. looks the same in this pic, only thing that really changed is the grille, changed it to the smoked altezza grille with a red emblem, but i just got a black emblem which i havent put on yet. damn this cold weather. sorry for the big pics.

2nsxg6u.jpg

xppvg7.jpg

nice 4 door NA supra. BOOST it and make these evo and sti cats pay. lol

^my uncle has a SC'ed Xterra and that thing was fun. It was a 5 speed too if i remember correctly.

^my uncle has a SC'ed Xterra and that thing was fun. It was a 5 speed too if i remember correctly.

imports FTW!!!

There are a lot of beater but imports can do the same, here my equation 94 mirage coupe+4g63T evo III motor=a lot of beat domestics (ss, gt stangs, and a corvette or two) for 5 grand not including labor which my dad and me did ourselves over a period of months, to see domestic car owners faces after getting owed priceless
pimp.gif

all wheel cars deff have a good advatage . and yeah puting a big turbo on there will make the car fast . and good work on doing the work yourself . theres nottoo many of us out there still that do our own work . and its deff more satisfying beating someone in something you built yourself . im sure you got somethingon a reg corvette . but im sorry you aint touchin my z . my car is stock and iv takin built sti's all night long . well there has been on ocasion a carthat beats me , but they gotta be doing something crazy to it . and mine is just stock . not to mention if mine breaks , i have a warranty !!!

^My friend, go find a single turbo Supra....only needs to be 67 trim turbo. Tell us what happens then.

Actually nevermind, scratch that. Go find a BPU Supra...that'll give your vette a nice run for the money.

In response to your statement that people should just buy faster cars if they want to go "fast," I believe there are some people out there, like I,who would cherish in the fact that we own "sleepers." Honestly, a guy like you would think nothing of a civic or CRX or integra with no exterior modsright? That's how we catch other dudes by surprise, when your vette gets walked on by a hatch on a roll.

wow , very impresive . super moded car beats a stock car . you wanna talk special supras . lets talk special vettes . like the zr1 . thats all i gotta say .you aint got no chance in a supra i dont care what modle it is . and yes sleepers are nice . personaly i would rather have a 70 yenko nova . stock with a 427aluminum big block . looks like a granny car with hub caps but will blow you away

wow , very impresive . super moded car beats a stock car . you wanna talk special supras . lets talk special vettes . like the zr1 . thats all i gotta say .you aint got no chance in a supra i dont care what modle it is . and yes sleepers are nice . personaly i would rather have a 70 yenko nova . stock with a 427aluminum big block . looks like a granny car with hub caps but will blow you away

imports FTW!!!

pimp.gif

all wheel cars deff have a good advatage . and yeah puting a big turbo on there will make the car fast . and good work on doing the work yourself . theres not too many of us out there still that do our own work . and its deff more satisfying beating someone in something you built yourself . im sure you got something on a reg corvette . but im sorry you aint touchin my z . my car is stock and iv takin built sti's all night long . well there has been on ocasion a car that beats me , but they gotta be doing something crazy to it . and mine is just stock . not to mention if mine breaks , i have a warranty !!!
It all love, around my area a lot of import guys be working on projects on their own, it takes a lot time and effort, but with practice you canbuild a pretty cheap import that can hold it own against most domestics unless they have done something crazy i.e. Ken Bell, Vortech, Ligenfelter, and most ofthose types of modifications would cost a pretty penny on top of the price for a car like a vette.

I'll give you this a domestic got mad low end power but most of it potential is off the line, however, an import with a 4 cylinder matched to a quickspooling turbo with a good tune will build boost in the low end usually giving it enough power to catch up and overtake a domestic in the top end.

Back
Top Bottom