Post Your Motorcycle

I heard mixed reviews on spray tints though. That it will come out with a purple-ish hue

Mine came out fine. I hit my rear turn signals. Smoke grey. N I could of made it darker if I wanted.
The spray was made by rusteoleum. If ur hip to taggin this is the best paint u can use so don't go cheap. It's like $11.

I heard mixed reviews on spray tints though. That it will come out with a purple-ish hue

Mine came out fine. I hit my rear turn signals. Smoke grey. N I could of made it darker if I wanted.
The spray was made by rusteoleum. If ur hip to taggin this is the best paint u can use so don't go cheap. It's like $11.

Thanks man i am going to give it a try this weekend il post pics when done

Anyone on here that could recommend a shop on Long Island? Just looking to find somewhere where they have decent gear and do work for relatively cheap.

Just got my first bike, 08 GSXR 600. I will post some pics when I get a chance, most likely my only mods will be a slip on exhaust, and a fender eliminator kit. I'm hearing mixed things on getting a power commander if I'm not gunna do a full exhaust, would it still be necessary? Any answers are appreciated.

^ congrats on the first bike

I've never seen tint spray, sounds interesting but I hate seeing people paint their wind screens :x

I've never seen tint spray, sounds interesting but I hate seeing people paint their wind screens :x

how come?

Mine is literally like a yellowed shoe sole color. Its hideous right now. And the cost for a new one isn't really worth it to me since i never look through it. I will try the spray tint but i read it could bubble since tinting plastic is different then tinting glass....plastic breathes over time causing bubbles and cracks. But if it starts to bubble and crack il just spay it black over it

Last edited:
Illinois I believe.
yes, Illinois has a no helmet law. I just find it hilarious to see people ride without helmets BUT their helmet is hanging off the side of the rear seat.  I thought I read somewhere that if there is a no helmet law, there is a no lane sharing law and where there is a helmet law, you can lane share? I came from riding in Cali where there is a helmet law and lane sharing is legal although I find it hard to stop and find myself still lane sharing/splitting lanes here in Chicago. 

New Hampshire too has no helmet laws, ive seen cats when ride up there from Boston they'll actually pull over after crossing the state line to take off their lids...I recently found out that MOST states actually only have partial helmet laws that only require underage/younger riders to sport protection

^^^^^^^^^^
Walmart has spray tint that u can use.

A slip on requires no moding to the engine or bike.

I always was told if the bike has carbs, it is recommended to re-jet them, even for slip-ons; definitely not required but I believe the bike will likely run better for it

^^^^^^^^^^^^
From 2 diff mechs n countless heads that I spoke with say a slipon adds no power to the bike. So there is no reason to dyno it. But all bike run better with a pc on it. So if u cop a full exhuast n want it to run at peak performance it's best to get a pc n dyno it

how come?

Mine is literally like a yellowed shoe sole color. Its hideous right now. And the cost for a new one isn't really worth it to me since i never look through it. I will try the spray tint but i read it could bubble since tinting plastic is different then tinting glass....plastic breathes over time causing bubbles and cracks. But if it starts to bubble and crack il just spay it black over it
If there was a part I wouldn't paint n mod it would be the windshield.
Just cop a smoke jawn bro.

Last edited:

how come?

It looks so cheap, like a dull plastic. I would leave it clear or buy a smoked out one. I bought a smoked one on my old bike and it was nice.

Thanks for all the replies guys i really am new to all this. So say i get a slip cover exhaust...could i re-jet it myself or is that something i should leave to a professional. My goal is to be as cheap as possible. So if i can't do it myself i prob won't do it at all. I bought my bike for $1500 its an 06 had 1,800 miles on it now has 2,200. I plan on upgrading probably next year to a GSX-R or something. So i don't really want to put too much $ into the bike.

Best before shot i have you can kinda see the yellow tint

and after, took the stickers off the side too.

I stripped the last screw on the right side...i have to find a way to get it to stick in there just for looks

First bike, got it in April, took the course last week and got my license yesterday! I recommend those classes to anyone even thinking about getting on a bike, I learned so much. I'll ride this for a year before I try and upgrade.

First bike, got it in April, took the course last week and got my license yesterday! I recommend those classes to anyone even thinking about getting on a bike, I learned so much. I'll ride this for a year before I try and upgrade.
Congrats man. I have the same plan as you. Buy something to learn on for a year, and decide if I want to upgrade from there. 

I am up early for my first day of riding at my MSF course. I am excited!

So fellas I think I screwed up. My battery went dead and I made the mistake of jump starting it twice with my car on. I went out to buy a new battery, now my bike won't give me anything. No display lights or nothing completely dead. Anybody have a clue what the problem could be? I was thinking its a blown fuse. I hope it's a blown fuse and nothing major.

Last edited:
Could be a blown fuse. Could have fried your charging system. It really could be a number of things. Have someone come take a look at it.

Anyone on here that could recommend a shop on Long Island? Just looking to find somewhere where they have decent gear and do work for relatively cheap.

Just got my first bike, 08 GSXR 600. I will post some pics when I get a chance, most likely my only mods will be a slip on exhaust, and a fender eliminator kit. I'm hearing mixed things on getting a power commander if I'm not gunna do a full exhaust, would it still be necessary? Any answers are appreciated.

power commander eats gas if you ask me... but i do run my baby hard as hell...

i got a 05 600 gsxr... i can run with the best of them (engine screaming of course) but im next to or leading the pack.. no problem...

i have a SLIP ON & PC-3 weight 300lbs and STILL get to 130mph before CBR, Kawi & yama R6... R1 is the demon from hell on Hwys... :smh:

Pic from a little fun to Philly last weekend I forgot to post.

Engine wise I'm the baby of the bunch but me and the Ducati be giving every other bike the beating of their life on NYC roads and highways.

I LOVE a 600cc...

**still want that damn ZX14 or Busa tho...

Could be a blown fuse. Could have fried your charging system. It really could be a number of things. Have someone come take a look at it.

God I hope it's just a fuse. I've yet to check my fuse box due to work but man that's what I need it to be. But I have a feeling it's something worst, I mean I'm getting nothing from my bike.

Congrats man. I have the same plan as you. Buy something to learn on for a year, and decide if I want to upgrade from there. 

Thanks man. Yeah, a 500cc is enough for me right now, especially after spending 5 hours on the 250s in the classes. Have you done any riding yet or just the classroom so far?

Thanks man. Yeah, a 500cc is enough for me right now, especially after spending 5 hours on the 250s in the classes. Have you done any riding yet or just the classroom so far?

I did 2 classroom days and 1 day of riding. I just passed my written exam today, and will be taking my riding exam tomorrow.

Riding was so fun! I got a chance to ride the bike I want to purchase (suzuki tu250x) and I had a great time. I went from never touching a bike to zooming around the course in 3rd gear. I am going to see how that goes for at least a year to work on my skills and stay safe first and foremost, and then decide if I want to upgrade after that

K7 GSXR 1000

This was on a brand new DYNO. After it was broken in and not 95+degrees. the bike made 172.8rwhp...
pimp.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost bought that same Gixxer but thats a 2007 and i didnt want 1 that old
lol why? It's the highest horsepower and torque engine they've made to date. the K9-L12 are all the same new style motor. Still powerful but just not a K5-K8.

now the K5/6 had unbelievable mid range torque!

day I picked her up last Saturday..

now im just waiting on a few parts to get her the way I want her to look...

lol why? It's the highest horsepower and torque engine they've made to date. the K9-L12 are all the same new style motor. Still powerful but just not a K5-K8.

now the K5/6 had unbelievable mid range torque!
+1 

If i were to ever get another bike.. I'm gunning for the 07's!

Back
Top Bottom