Post Your Motorcycle

egaroc1 egaroc1 @AirMagnus mr718 mr718 yea this'll be my first bike, that's why I didn't want to spend too much on it. I figured it'd be a nice size to get comfortable with before I upgrade in the future and invest more into a bike that'll I'll keep for years. I haven't rode a bike since taking my course/exam a couple summers ago :smh:

egaroc1 egaroc1 @AirMagnus mr718 mr718 yea this'll be my first bike, that's why I didn't want to spend too much on it. I figured it'd be a nice size to get comfortable with before I upgrade in the future and invest more into a bike that'll I'll keep for years. I haven't rode a bike since taking my course/exam a couple summers ago :smh:

pretty wise rationale, the only thing i might suggest is maybe paying a lil' more for something more modern (less mechanical issues, more features) than a ninja 500r...

pretty wise rationale, the only thing i might suggest is maybe paying a lil' more for something more modern (less mechanical issues, more features) than a ninja 500r...

I mean if I can I will. That's the best value that I've seen so far. Pittsburgh and surrounding areas aren't the best places to find deals on used bikes. I'm tryna get it before my son gets here b/c I know it'll never happen once he drops :smh:

After years of wanting to ride a motorcycle, I finally signed up for the MSF course in two weeks.

I know how to operate a manual transmission car..but my bike riding skills are :smh:.

Rode a scooter in DR about 2 years ago for about an hour and was horrible with the turns.

Nervous as hell for the course..any tips/advice?!

After years of wanting to ride a motorcycle, I finally signed up for the MSF course in two weeks.

I know how to operate a manual transmission car..but my bike riding skills are :smh:.

Rode a scooter in DR about 2 years ago for about an hour and was horrible with the turns.

When in doubt, use the clutch.

NEVER ride and do something you're not comfortable doing. No need to ride past your ability.

I know how to operate a manual transmission car..but my bike riding skills are
mean.gif

My MSF course actually had the students ride around on a bicycle before we could even get on the motorcycles. No one in my class was booted because they couldn't ride the bicycle, but I know it's happened before. 

I mean if I can I will. That's the best value that I've seen so far. Pittsburgh and surrounding areas aren't the best places to find deals on used bikes. I'm tryna get it before my son gets here b/c I know it'll never happen once he drops :smh:
I can dig it. Deff go at UR speed literally n figuratively and do what's comfortable to u.
As long as u have a plan B and C and D on ur direction ur Gucci.
U seem pretty legit dude and go for it. Enjoy it and keep us updated with ur progress fambs.

Last edited:
i'm in the market to buy a used bike.  I don't know how to ride, but a local Harley Davidson dealership offers a class. So i'm taking that first.

A friend of mine started out with GSX 750 and within a year he upgraded to the 1300.

I don't plan to go up to a 1300, but is it okay to start with a 1000 or just get a 750 ???

i'm in the market to buy a used bike.  I don't know how to ride, but a local Harley Davidson dealership offers a class. So i'm taking that first.

A friend of mine started out with GSX 750 and within a year he upgraded to the 1300.

I don't plan to go up to a 1300, but is it okay to start with a 1000 or just get a 750 ???
I took my MSF course at my local Harley Davidson too. Not sure how yours works, but my course was taught on 500cc Buell Blasts. I thought that was nice since the majority of the courses I saw elsewhere offered 250cc bikes and lower. 

As far as which bike to start with, I think you should think about why you want a liter bike. Are you gonna be doing track days? I've been riding for 2 years and I'm still fine on my GS500F. I'd definitely upgrade if I had the money, but I don't feel like my motorcycle is underpowered by any means. I've taken my friend's ZX-6R for a couple short rides and I found it to be plenty powerful; I can imagine a 750 Gixxer would have even more power. 

That being said, take whatever I'm saying with a grain of salt. I don't plan to ride on a track anytime soon nor do I ride my bike too hard. I think a 750 should be plenty for you to work with and I doubt you'll be bored with it anytime soon. 

I took my MSF course at my local Harley Davidson too. Not sure how yours works, but my course was taught on 500cc Buell Blasts. I thought that was nice since the majority of the courses I saw elsewhere offered 250cc bikes and lower. 

As far as which bike to start with, I think you should think about why you want a liter bike. Are you gonna be doing track days? I've been riding for 2 years and I'm still fine on my GS500F. I'd definitely upgrade if I had the money, but I don't feel like my motorcycle is underpowered by any means. I've taken my friend's ZX-6R for a couple short rides and I found it to be plenty powerful; I can imagine a 750 Gixxer would have even more power. 

That being said, take whatever I'm saying with a grain of salt. I don't plan to ride on a track anytime soon nor do I ride my bike too hard. I think a 750 should be plenty for you to work with and I doubt you'll be bored with it anytime soon. 
Our Harley dealership teaches with the same bike.

I don't want it for the track, racing, or doing tricks.  Just want it to ride.  My job is about a 30 mile drive, so i want to ride it to work during the summer months.  I've been putting this off for the last 5 years.  

One of my main concerns was if I would want to upgrade as soon as I get comfortable with a smaller bike.  But you have been waay more than helpful.

Thanks for the advice!  #repped

615 I Be Kickin Her Out 615 I Be Kickin Her Out , didn't realize your primary use would be commuting. Since that's the case I would definitely lean towards the 750 over a liter bike (assuming the 750 gets better mpg). My 500 gets 50-60mpg easy with me riding pretty freely.

Also, have you looked into picking up a cruiser instead? I actually learned how to ride on my brother's Suzuki Boulevard C50 before taking the MSF course and I will admit it is more comfortable than any sport bike I've ever been on, especially sitting in traffic.

But when it all comes down to it, it depends on the deals you can find by you (assuming you're buying used). I probably would've picked up a 600 for my first bike had I not found my GS500F for so cheap locally.

Does anyone ride in motorcycle boots? Not at the track, just joy riding in boots. I've been trying to start wearing more gear. The last few years, I haven't been and I'm getting older so I gotta start acting smart.

Any boot recommendations?

I got these in the mail today but I'm sending them back. Not comfortable and I feel restricted trying to shift.

I was gonna take my bike out today, it was 60 outside but way too much salt on the road.

I used to eventually want an R1. One of my friends who had an R6 told me it's useless unless you're on the track. Everyday use and joy rides on the weekend an R6 (or a bike of the displacement) will do anything you need it to do.

I'll get a liter bike one day, but as far as the present day, I'm cool with my GSXR6hunna. I have had a blast riding that bike and still feel as if there's much more that I want to experience on it. Still haven't lifted her up and still haven't maxed it out (fastest was about 150mph). Plus I'm still getting to know her. I figure I can perfect my riding skills before I even think of stepping up to the liter.

Supposed to be high 50s in the dmv friday :nerd:

might rain though :smh: i was looking forward to maybe getting her out. But i need to take it in to get routine maintenance for riding season. She has been sitting most of the winter. I start my bike about once a week, since for the winter it isn't at my house.

I got these in the mail today but I'm sending them back. Not comfortable and I feel restricted trying to shift.

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin Sucks to know they don't perform well, they look great.

The boots might perform well. I'm just used to wearing sneakers untied my whole life. The boots made me feel restricted and I felt like I would have a hard time shifting.

Supposed to be high 50s in the dmv friday :nerd:

might rain though :smh: i was looking forward to maybe getting her out. But i need to take it in to get routine maintenance for riding season. She has been sitting most of the winter. I start my bike about once a week, since for the winter it isn't at my house.

60+ on Saturday

Update:

Finally got my wife on board to get me a bike but the one I posted was already sold. :smh: only ones this area has in my price range now are 250s

Back
Top Bottom