Post Your Motorcycle

bae

Signed up for the training course put on by CHP. Class starts Friday 2/13. Excited and nervous at the same time. Has anyone taken the course? Is it hard? I figured it is a responsible way to learn how to ride properly and avoid DMV driving test. Hopefully I can get some riding in this weekend to prep.

Passed the MSF course on Sunday. Waiting on my certificate then straight to the DMV to get my license.

I'm so torn about choosing my first bike. I've received info from so many people and I'm not sure which route to take.

My options are used Ninja 300 for $3-3.5K or used Yamaha FZ6R for $4,500-4,800. Both bikes with approx. 3-4000 miles.

Sidenote: Anyone recommend a good helmet in the $150 range? I've read a lot of good things about the Icon Alliance Dark Helmet w/ dark and clear shield.

Need to get an NT patch made. :nthat:

Passed the MSF course on Sunday. Waiting on my certificate then straight to the DMV to get my license.

I'm so torn about choosing my first bike. I've received info from so many people and I'm not sure which route to take.

My options are used Ninja 300 for $3-3.5K or used Yamaha FZ6R for $4,500-4,800. Both bikes with approx. 3-4000 miles.

Sidenote: Anyone recommend a good helmet in the $150 range? I've read a lot of good things about the Icon Alliance Dark Helmet w/ dark and clear shield.

Need to get an NT patch made. :nthat:
You're waiting for your certificate? My class gave it to me same day (if I remember correctly).

As for helmets, I suggest going somewhere to see which brand fits you best. Of all the helmets I tried on, HJC fit me best. That being said I've heard good things about the Icon as well. Here are some other budget helmet options:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/hjc-cs-r2-contrast-helmet
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bell-vortex-solid-helmet
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/hjc-cl-17-mission-helmet

benzilla427 benzilla427 Yeah they said it takes up to 10 days to get it in the mail, but I'm itching to get on a bike.

Thanks for the helmet recommendations. I'll try them out. Good thing there is a Cycle depot by my work.

Can anyone recommend a site similar to carfax for motorcycles? If any are out there cause I haven't been able to find one. 

Also I found a gsxr on craigslist and I googled the seller, found his instagram, and saw 2 videos of him doing burn outs. Should I try to avoid bikes like this or is it just something that's common?

preme23 preme23 I would avoid bikes when there is evidence of someone not riding it properly.

Going down to San Diego tomorrow morning to check out a steal on a bike. Hope it works out.

preme23 preme23 I would avoid bikes when there is evidence of someone not riding it properly.

Going down to San Diego tomorrow morning to check out a steal on a bike. Hope it works out.
Daygo for a steal on a bike? U say?? [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

Can anyone recommend a site similar to carfax for motorcycles? If any are out there cause I haven't been able to find one. 

Also I found a gsxr on craigslist and I googled the seller, found his instagram, and saw 2 videos of him doing burn outs. Should I try to avoid bikes like this or is it just something that's common?

i believe you can put motorcycle vin numbers in carfax (or similar sites) and get vehicle history? burnouts do not necessarily mean avoid, but it can be a red flag to be more discerning about its condition...

Daygo for a steal on a bike? U say?? [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

Yeah man. Bought a 2014 Ninja 300 with 39 miles for $3650. $5200 was what the owner paid for it last year. Craziest deal I've ever seen and was worth going down to SD. I'm officially a motorcycle owner.

Now I need my license and helmet. :lol:

Yeah man. Bought a 2014 Ninja 300 with 39 miles for $3650. $5200 was what the owner paid for it last year. Craziest deal I've ever seen and was worth going down to SD. I'm officially a motorcycle owner.

Now I need my license and helmet. :lol:

Great deal bro.
Head to cycle gear n head to the sales rack for some helmets n gear. Ull be ight. :pimp:

Great deal bro.
Head to cycle gear n head to the sales rack for some helmets n gear. Ull be ight. :pimp:

Thanks. Yeah I couldn't believe the deal was that good too. Its being delivered tomorrow I'll post pics when I get it.

Already ordered gloves and trying to order a jacket today.

Funny you mention that, I went to Cycle gear on Friday and all the median priced helmets didn't fit me properly (got a weird oval/long head shape). The cheaper helmets were Bilt and they didn't fit me properly and they weren't really cheap either. Then I tried Shoei and Arai and :x. They fit perfectly. I see why they cost so much, but rather get something in the $150 range for now.

Going to try to find more shops to try different brands. Found about 5 helmets on revzilla, but return shipping for them all is gonna be expensive as hell.

I see why they cost so much, but rather get something in the $150 range for now.

Going to try to find more shops to try different brands. Found about 5 helmets on revzilla, but return shipping for them all is gonna be expensive as hell.

a good helmet can definitely be pricey,but the last place you want to skimp is your brain bucket...it is a good idea to try the reputable brands sizing in store and trying to find sales or closeouts of models that work for you

You can get a Shoei RF1200 for under 300. Don't skimp on a helmet man. If you need to save money then grab an RF1100 on clearance somewhere. You already said they fit you the best. Be safe.

You can get a Shoei RF1200 for under 300. Don't skimp on a helmet man. If you need to save money then grab an RF1100 on clearance somewhere. You already said they fit you the best. Be safe.
a good helmet can definitely be pricey,but the last place you want to skimp is your brain bucket...it is a good idea to try the reputable brands sizing in store and trying to find sales or closeouts of models that work for you

Yeah I'm looking at close outs and trying to get an idea ode of what fits my oval/long head. Some brands like AGV are more on the round side.

Thanks for the recommendation on two models will look into both of them. Looks like it's gonna rains this weekend in SoCal so I would be tempted to ride.

Got my baby in today. Took it up the block for a bit. Here are some quick pics. I'll take some better ones once I get my license.

It's always amazing to see someone talking about getting a bike, to actually getting one. I still look at my old posts from 09 in amazement.

Congratulations.

Enjoy bro :pimp: welcome n be easy n always give plenty of space.
Remember these hauex ain't loyal.

Thanks bro. Yeah I'm taking it easy on the throttle, really like the sport style riding. Doesn't allow you to get too comfortable or relaxed.

It's always amazing to see someone talking about getting a bike, to actually getting one. I still look at my old posts from 09 in amazement.

Congratulations.

The transition has been fun. Learned so much and its all coming together. Thanks brotha

Ninja looking sharp! Welcome to the fold. There is an RF1100 design that would go perfect with your bike. It's called Merciless. Check it out.

Thanks fam. I just googled it and the helmet looks sick.

hey guys,

anybody have experience with buying a vehicle with a lien? i know most buyers tend to stay away, but i wanted to see what the process is like.

she's currently financing her bike with Harley FInance (Eagle Savings) and still has $5k left. She's pretty much looking for a buy off to get rid of it.

i did a google search and it seems like I would go with her to pay off the remaining balance and have the bank transfer the title to my name.

Seems fairly simple and easy, but do most buyers stay away?

I don't mind dealing with liens because you can get a great deal as a buyer. I've done it a few times as a buyer and a seller. I finance my vehicles through either Navy Federal or Langley Federal. Both are very expedient with title releases. Also being in Virginia, they do digital titles so that makes things even quicker. I sell the vehicle and do a bill of sale on the spot. After the money is exchanged I shoot right to the credit union to pay off. Then I speak to customer service to let them know I need an immediate lien release, which usually takes a few hours. Finally, I'm at the DMV the next day picking up the title and handing it to the owner.

The only time dealing with a lien was a pain was when I got Chanel. I had to travel almost 4 hours away to get her. The guy I bought her from worked nights and was just lazy about getting me the title quickly. He just waited for USAA to send him a title in the mail and then forwarded it to me. Anyway, it can be a really easy process as long as you aren't dealing with a clown. Hope I helped.

Last edited:
Went to cycle gear and got the Bilt deluxe cover for $59 ($119 retail) and picked up a Xena alarm lock. Annoyed the hell out of my neighbors learning how to set it up. : lol

Sleeping Beauty.

Back
Top Bottom