Post Your Motorcycle

Anyone with a power commander, are you running a custom map?

I got one loaded with it when I bought mine but the local shop doesn't have a dyno and wants $100 for a "street tune"

Last edited:

I got one loaded with it when I bought mine but the local shop doesn't have a dyno and wants $100 for a "street tune"
I would rather have it dyno'ed and a custom map than a street map. The preset maps are probably as good as a street map. I know a dyno cost about 350 and up. So if u going for power do it proper versus half stepping.

Last edited:
villarino1k villarino1k I have some cheap brand similar to xena, and it is sensitive depending on how it's angled, with a strong gust of wind it sets it off.

I would rather have it dyno'ed and a custom map than a street map. The preset maps are probably as good as a street map. I know a dyno cost about 350 and up. So if u going for power do it proper versus half stepping.
And yea when I bought it the company contacted me and asked about mods so they can load a map onto it. What exhaust, air filter, and other mods I had. Just weird when the shop said it would be an hour worth of labor, seeing as how they don't have a dyno. And I'm not that fond of someone taking my bike up to high speeds. Gunna call around to shops and see who has a dyno.

Also still waiting for some vinyl samples, and powder swatches to change up the colors on the bike.

Edit:anyone ever buy anything from bkmoto.com? Thinking about getting my headlights done.

Last edited:
^No. I used it all the time the first year I got it. I would ride to my overnight job and leave it parked outside. These past two years I'm usually with at least another bike if I ride somewhere so no need for the alarm just use the steering lock.

Picked this up last week, feels good to be back on

I have a Xena. I also heard about sensitivity and false alarms, but that only happens once in a wheel. For the most part, I'm very happy with the alarm and recommend it as an added safety measure. I don't use any other locking mechanism.

Anybody with AMA? Was think gin about joining but wasn't sure... i need to get my bike to the shop but I don't want to go the uhaul route . I need to put the bike on insurance also , can anybody recommend a good company ? Who do you guys insure with? Do they provide roadside assistance?

Lol right...I just need a hint of which way to go ...Geico, Progressive,Allstate..?? Anyone better than the other?

You can also look into Rider insurance. Specifically for motorcycles, they have pretty good prices. They're not available in every state though.

Back
Top Bottom