Post Your Motorcycle

I'm a big newbie when it comes to bikes. I plan on doing a lot of research over winter break, and hopefully I can save up enough to get one by this summer, but all I really know is I want a modern classic bike (I dont know what they call these, but these were the bikes common in the 50-80's)
Here's an example of what kind of bike I want to get. Triumph thruxton

Can anybody school me?
cafe racers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cafe_racer

how serious is a drained/dead battery on a bike? im still new to this...

i didnt winterize mine (in MD) yet figuring there would still be some warm days here. yesterday hit 70 so i took it out but by the time i got back the battery was dead. lights and gauges worked but it didn't crank. 
frown.gif

i hadnt ridden in over a week and temps have been gotten into the lower 30s at night. ive heard i can jump it but someone said im gonna need a charger for when i do put it away.

^i'm curious to know as well. I haven't ridden in a couple weeks and the guy I bought my bike from gave me the battery charger for the winter, but I don't even know how to use it.

how serious is a drained/dead battery on a bike? im still new to this...

i didnt winterize mine (in MD) yet figuring there would still be some warm days here. yesterday hit 70 so i took it out but by the time i got back the battery was dead. lights and gauges worked but it didn't crank. 
frown.gif

i hadnt ridden in over a week and temps have been gotten into the lower 30s at night. ive heard i can jump it but someone said im gonna need a charger for when i do put it away.
Havent ridden in a week and the battery goes dead? then u sir need a new battery..their not expensive..im in KY and it got 77 here yesterday so of course i went ridin..in the winter months without the bike gettin used a lot its a good idea to keep the battery charged or on a battery tender..OR if u choose u can go out and start ur bike atleast once every couple weeks and let it run for a little while..

Best decision u can ever make..
Really? I love that body style and year...

Suzuki is cool but I always liked the exhuast under the tail look.

And I'm tried of everyone and their mother rocking a suzuki smh
Mine is a 2011 CBR1000 which is totally different then the 04-07s but its still a great bike..was and still is ranked the #1 street bike by motorcycle.com and various magazines..the mid range power on these bikes r AMAZING

Best decision u can ever make..

Really? I love that body style and year...

Suzuki is cool but I always liked the exhuast under the tail look.

And I'm tried of everyone and their mother rocking a suzuki smh

SAME HERE.

SIDE EXHAUST IS SO WHACK LOOKING TO ME. ONLY A FEW MODELS PULL IT OFF SUCCESSFULLY.

MISS MY CBR600 SINCE SHE WAS STOLEN.

EYEING A DUCATI NOW THOUGH.

@ Naz: I'm in the same boat, brah...

Excepy my bike is super dead... like... the horn can't even push out a solid beep.

When I go to crank it... it just dies... I hook it up to the car, but its like its not getting enough juice to the starter...

I'm copping a new battery this weekend ...

I bought my bike for $1500... if its not running smooth by $3k, I'm flipping it...

Already up to $2400... includes fairings, new starter cover, headlights, gaskets, and maintenance.

Excepy my bike is super dead... like... the horn can't even push out a solid beep.
When I go to crank it... it just dies... I hook it up to the car, but its like its not getting enough juice to the starter...
I bought my bike for $1500... if its not running smooth by $3k, I'm flipping it...
Already up to $2400... includes fairings, new starter cover, headlights, gaskets, and maintenance.
sux to hear and you in TX right? you can at least ride somewhat since it doesnt get as cold for your area. im in MD and it was 30 this morning but i just want to rideeeee. hopefully you get it up and running.

Last edited:
sux to hear and you in TX right? you can at least ride somewhat since it doesnt get as cold for your area. im in MD and it was 30 this morning but i just want to rideeeee. hopefully you get it up and running.
Shhh im in KY and it was in the low 20s this morn and i still seen 2 bikes out..i dont ride unless its alteast 50 out tho

Shhh im in KY and it was in the low 20s this morn and i still seen 2 bikes out..i dont ride unless its alteast 50 out tho
the amount of people in DC area on two wheels is crazy for being colder...scooters too. i see lots of commuters braving the cold. Wish i could stand that Respect to them
pimp.gif

the amount of people in DC area on two wheels is crazy for being colder...scooters too. i see lots of commuters braving the cold. Wish i could stand that Respect to them
pimp.gif
Scooters i can understand if its their only mode of transportation..alot of kids on campus ride scooters everywhere...if ur a male then on campus is the ONLY place that is acceptable to ride one.

i just got my bike license back in september, ive been riding since late summer about july when i went to get my permit,everyday i was out there for hours, I prefer to ride the dual sports just for its all around readiness alot of my family members ride quads and dirtbikes and since i dont want to have to worry about the cops coming to take my bike everytime we ride out but anyway

I learned on my younger brothers 2010 yamaha tw200

http://s1089.beta.photobucket.com/user/twizziduhgee/media/photo1.jpg.html

but i just recently went and got a 2012 Honda XR 650L and aim to either get passed down my pops 09 cbr 600 or go out and get a cbr of my own around next summer

http://s1089.beta.photobucket.com/user/twizziduhgee/media/photo.jpg.html

Want to learn how to ride within the next 2 years. Probably get a 08+ 250R first, something easy to learn and even easier to flip when the times comes. Will budget around $2000-$3000 for the bike and around $1000 for the gear and the rest for insurance. Not really a fan of sportbikes for their riding position but would love to get a standard and a cafe racer. Here is what I want to cop down the line

Triumph Street Triple R

Triumph Thruxton 900

attachment.php

Last edited:
As far as batteries go for those of you who will need one, I highly recommend the Ballistic EVO2 8 or 12-cell battery. They are a bit pricy, but they are VERY light as they are not lead acid-based, and they last much longer than an OEM replacement. I switched to one a couple of years ago. Every winter I take it out when I feel I won't get any more riding in for a few months, then when I put it back in, it starts up like a brand new bike.

Looking at a 04 gsx-r 1000...

12k miles... $4500... gonna try and talk him down to $3750, since that's the trade in value that i've seen on kbb...

homey been trying to sell this bike for a min... he's in the middle of nowhere in oklahoma and works w/ my pop...

i'm thinking its a steal... what yall think?

sell this gsxr 600 i have now for $2500 + my christmas check and bong... $3750...

12k miles... $4500... gonna try and talk him down to $3750, since that's the trade in value that i've seen on kbb...
homey been trying to sell this bike for a min... he's in the middle of nowhere in oklahoma and works w/ my pop...
sell this gsxr 600 i have now for $2500 + my christmas check and bong... $3750...

Do you think you need more power already??

not that you cant ride, but curious...

Im getting rid of my 05 GSXR600 because im a big dude (pause) 6'2" 300lbs... NOT that the bike doesnt have enough power because it sho nuff does, i just need a BIGGER bike. that why im looking at either a HayaBusa again...

heres me next to my bike for comparison

im might be dwarfing the bike BUT thats why i want more bike to roll on... Just My Opinion

Im getting rid of my 05 GSXR600 because im a big dude (pause) 6'2" 300lbs... NOT that the bike doesnt have enough power because it sho nuff does, i just need a BIGGER bike. that why im looking at either a HayaBusa again...

im might be dwarfing the bike BUT thats why i want more bike to roll on... Just My Opinion

word i feel you bro ima smaller dude (no bromo) and im just tryna stay at a 600 im not really tryna race or anything just someting a little peppy i can cruise on not tryna kill myself

word i feel you bro ima smaller dude (no bromo) and im just tryna stay at a 600 im not really tryna race or anything just someting a little peppy i can cruise on not tryna kill myself

Rest assured, a 600 is more than a little peppy. I rode quads and dirt bikes before street bikes too, and the only thing it gets you ready for is how to actually ride it (shifting, braking, throttle). That first time you grab yourself a generous helping of throttle on that 600, and you're faster in 2nd or 3rd gear than that dirt bike's top speed ever was, you'll realize that 600 is plenty of bike. Plus, it's pretty good on gas so long as you don't have too much fun...that's another plus. That being said, I get reasonable MPG on my 600rr :wink: :smokin

Want to learn how to ride within the next 2 years. Probably get a 08+ 250R first, something easy to learn and even easier to flip when the times comes. Will budget around $2000-$3000 for the bike and around $1000 for the gear and the rest for insurance. Not really a fan of sportbikes for their riding position but would love to get a standard and a cafe racer. Here is what I want to cop down the line
Triumph Street Triple R
street triple r is beautiful. def my fav bike. would like to purchase one in the next few years. 

im 6'2" and my 1st bike was an R6 and i felt super big on it..u def need to get atleast a 1000cc being that size assuming u have enough skill to handle it

Back
Top Bottom