Post Your Motorcycle

You can buy a decent used car from Craigslist for roughly the se price you'd pay for a litre bike fam. I'd never rely on a motorcycle as my primary means of transportation. The weather is too unpredictable for that.

Quick question: I probably know the answer is gon be whatever you comfortable with/skill level is but Imma ask anyways for yall opinion.

I'm 5'6" weigh 125 and always skip leg day. Been riding for 3 years but on a 250 whole time. I just wrecked my car 2 weeks ago, and need a form of transportation fast but I don't think I'm at the stage where I can pay car payments and insurance, besides Imma need a cosigner and I don't have anyone. I know I might be making a dumb choice, but a bike is where I know I can pay flat out and would just have to worry about insurance.

I'm debating between either a CBR 600 or a 1000, prices on Craigslist are about the same which is why I'm leaning more on the 1000 side. I'll probably be having my shorty on the back here and there and would like to learn how to do wheelies.

With all that being said which would be a better option in yall opinions? Im worried that a 1000 would be too heavy but I can grow skill wise to where it won't be a problem.

if you are legit worried about insurance, you will most likely pay more for a 1000cc than a 600...and if you are trying to learn wheelies i don't know that a liter bike is what you'd be best served to learn with; the weight difference between the classes are not all that huge but i guess it can be appreciable if you are on the lighter end of the scale...coming from a 250, a 6 will be more than enough for you to grow but if you respect & are responsible in how you ride maybe the added power of an 1000 won't be an issue for you...

You can buy a decent used car from Craigslist for roughly the se price you'd pay for a litre bike fam. I'd never rely on a motorcycle as my primary means of transportation. The weather is too unpredictable for that.

i don't own a car so my cbr is my primary mode of getting around, i just check the weather before i ride out and unless the weather will be sustained awfulness or dangerous, i will just suit up accordingly. not that there aren't tradeoffs but for whatever reason(s), here in the states we classify motorcycles as primarily recreational, when many people would probably better served on motorcycles. everyday coming into & going from work i pass a bunch of lone drivers in their cars, i gotta think at least 30% of those drivers would have a better commute on a bike...but i guess it just isn't seen that way

Quick question: I probably know the answer is gon be whatever you comfortable with/skill level is but Imma ask anyways for yall opinion.

I'm 5'6" weigh 125 and always skip leg day. Been riding for 3 years but on a 250 whole time. I just wrecked my car 2 weeks ago, and need a form of transportation fast but I don't think I'm at the stage where I can pay car payments and insurance, besides Imma need a cosigner and I don't have anyone. I know I might be making a dumb choice, but a bike is where I know I can pay flat out and would just have to worry about insurance.

I'm debating between either a CBR 600 or a 1000, prices on Craigslist are about the same which is why I'm leaning more on the 1000 side. I'll probably be having my shorty on the back here and there and would like to learn how to do wheelies.

With all that being said which would be a better option in yall opinions? Im worried that a 1000 would be too heavy but I can grow skill wise to where it won't be a problem.
I'm pretty much the same height and weight as you. I got myself a 2015 CBR600RR which was my first bike and love it. My insurance premium for full coverage is pretty high even though I have no tickets or accidents and am turning 27 y/o. Insurance has a lot to do with your driving record, location, credit, etc.

:smh: I was trying to have a good time this 4th of July. Went over a cousin's house and his girlfriend's cousin was there asking about my bike. All sorts of stuff. What year, model, how much I paid. It started feeling weird and one of my cousins had told him it belonged to a local club member and he wanted to know who it belonged to. This is where I drew the line and stopped being friendly. Told him I didn't know what he was talking about.

Couple minutes later my cousin tells me to get out of there cause that guy was making calls. This dude is a small time thug and I'm hoping he doesn't try me. :smh:

Thats WEAK AF... ur cousins should of held you down some........ an told homeboy to mind his business.. I hope he doesn't try you either... EFF him.. keep it moving fam and stay out the way while doing so.....

Last edited:
:smh: I was trying to have a good time this 4th of July. Went over a cousin's house and his girlfriend's cousin was there asking about my bike. All sorts of stuff. What year, model, how much I paid. It started feeling weird and one of my cousins had told him it belonged to a local club member and he wanted to know who it belonged to. This is where I drew the line and stopped being friendly. Told him I didn't know what he was talking about.

Couple minutes later my cousin tells me to get out of there cause that guy was making calls. This dude is a small time thug and I'm hoping he doesn't try me. :smh:

Stop hanging out with fake thugs and hang out with me mane

If you can ride a 600 you can ride a 1000. Personally i just prefer 6s. But i also lean more towards maneuverability over speed. I like light, flickable bikes. I live in Chi so i prioritize being able to slice through traffic and dodge potholes over power.

Lighter, more maneuverable, slightly smaller (at 5'6" you wont be able to put 2 feet down flat on either but that shouldnt really be an issue), cheaper insurance, easier to wheelie imo (again it could just be me. I also aint the best at wheelies. I can clutch up just about any bike but havent really tried riding long fast wheelies where you need to shift)

Faster, better for city driving (Traffic? Lazy? Less shifting for you as you'll have power in 1st to make moves going 60+), more torque (You can get out of a jam faster, make passes easier, ride 2up easier. Although you can always swap sprockets -1/+2...
....on a 600 to get more torque but you lose single digits off your top speed), better looking...esp after 2013 :lol:)

zapatohead408 zapatohead408
:smh: @ story. But how cuzzo tell you to bounce and not that fool? You shouldve just told homie you bought the bike from Walmart and rotated.

Yea, If anything goes down I'm gonna have to deal with him as well. I didn't think about it til after but I was pissed as to him not telling dude to get the hell out of there. Whatever, I know where I stand with him now.

I'm not sure I'm understanding the story. Was the guy trying to say the bike was stolen or something?

I'm not sure I'm understanding the story. Was the guy trying to say the bike was stolen or something?

Either he was contacting people to get it stolen/see if it would be an easy job or what I'm also afraid of is he might have problems with a member in a chapter. My dumbass cousin told him what club I bought it off of and that's when he was asking about who, what charter and stuff. I drew the line and told him I wasn't even sure if it belonged to a member but if he was so curious he could go ask at the clubhouse. dude started making calls and my cousin said to dip and he'd pick me up and bring me back to his house a few blocks away. I cut out and went over some chicks place though.

^ that's messed up how your cousin told you to leave instead of kicking the other guy. But I guess your cousin might've been watching out for you in case the dude called heads. Just stay safe and stay smart.

Me and my ***** posted at the airport parking garage... Gonna upgrade her next month after i get back from Vegas.. Ill post pics as soon as im done... Pic does her no justice... Lol

^ that's messed up how your cousin told you to leave instead of kicking the other guy. But I guess your cousin might've been watching out for you in case the dude called heads. Just stay safe and stay smart.

that seems like the most sensible thing to do, if he tells buddy to bounce who knows how things go down...

Me and my ***** posted at the airport parking garage... Gonna upgrade her next month after i get back from Vegas.. Ill post pics as soon as im done... Pic does her no justice... Lol

nice!

Hey guys, I need some opinions on a slip on exhaust for my gixxer 600, I am looking at anything other than yoshi any input is appreciated, Thanks

I have an Akrapovic slip on exhaust for my Honda CBR 600RR. It's deep but not too noisy. After 7k RPM it opens up a lot more but it's not obnoxiously loud.

Yoshi's are the best in terms of performance when talking about pipes for Gixxers.

But I like loud so I'd go M4 or Two Brothers.

I purchased the slip on back in 06 when I first got the bike. I think I paid around $700

Hey guys, I need some opinions on a slip on exhaust for my gixxer 600, I am looking at anything other than yoshi any input is appreciated, Thanks
Go to YouTube and listen to other people's exhausts that have the same bike as you.

I had a slip on for my 09' CBR 600 when I had it. I still remember the feeling of joy every time I started the bike lol.

Back
Top Bottom