Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Green underbrims really are the best 
smokin.gif

Bought the Yankees Derek Jeter retirement fitted with the Chromaflex patch.

To answer some questions:

The patch, which feels sort of like rubber, seems thinner than the embroidered version and has more detail in it. The dark blue turns into a lighter blue when light shines off it. To me, the patch feels slightly thinner than the Chromaflex one on the Mariano Rivera retirement fitted from last year.

As of today, not all Lids seemed to have them out on display, as they only had the embroidered patch version on display. Ask a staffer there if they have them—they may have them in their stock room.

My hat is one that was made in China but it actually feels like it's decently constructed, unlike other New Era authentics made in China. Crown isn't excessively high, fit is nice, and the material actually feels durable. I just hope this doesn't attract dust, which the "Made in China" hats seem to do very well, unfortunately.

damn thats clean.

wonder what a Detroit tigers one would look like. probably not as good since the logo is smaller

Bert. Bert.

They have a Tigers "D" logo that's bigger than the official version that I think looks better on customs since I agree the official "D" is a little too small for my liking.

I was thinking of using it for a black-white w/ kelly underbrim custom too :nerd:

Here's my Tigers hat that uses the 1930's "D" logo that's a good size. Excuse the pics; it's regular dark navy w/ kelly underbrim

where you getting these at? website? PM me

depending on price id like to see possibly buy some aside from the LA one

was about to cop the SF joint but no MLB logo on the back :smh:

:lol:

Since it's a retro logo, it would've required using the Cooperstown MLB logo which I think is :x since the OG hats back in the day didn't even have those so when it comes to old school style hats; to me it's better off with no logo on the back. It's just more accurate to me.

hate hats without the regular MLB logo on the back. feels and looks weird.

i assume the LA that will be releasing has em.. correct :nerd:

hate hats without the regular MLB logo on the back. feels and looks weird.

i assume the LA that will be releasing has em.. correct :nerd:

Yes, those will have the regular MLB logo as it's just using the standard "LA" logo :lol:

Not sure if you caught what I explained above but to re-emphasize; using retro logos such as that SF hat and even that Tigers one since they're retro logos, you can't use the regular MLB logo and have to use the bummy ***** looking Cooperstown version that was never even used on the old school hats back in the day.

I see where you're coming from though on the lack of back logo. When I first started collecting fitteds, I hated whenever a hat had no back MLB logo since I used to rock my fitteds backwards Griffey style so it'd look weird to me not seeing a MLB logo on front of my head but over the years, I've gradually switched over to wearing regular front style so it doesn't bug me anymore.

Last edited:
Not sure if you caught what I explained above but to re-emphasize; using retro logos such as that SF hat and even that Tigers one since they're retro logos, you can't use the regular MLB logo and have to use the bummy ***** looking Cooperstown version that was never even used on the old school hats back in the day.
same with the NBA...any vintage NBA fitteds have to have that hideous "Hardwood Classics" patch.  So happy Revive didn't have to use it when they released the black Lakers...

Speaking of Revive, whatever happened to their online store?

Back
Top Bottom