Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Stayin with the color under brim talk, back when fitteds jus came in classic on field colors(early 90s) didnt the under brim color go according which league the team was in? national league(white) and American League(green) ?? I remember I use to call them "pro hats" when I was a kid lol...

Bought the Yankees Derek Jeter retirement fitted with the Chromaflex patch.

To answer some questions:

The patch, which feels sort of like rubber, seems thinner than the embroidered version and has more detail in it. The dark blue turns into a lighter blue when light shines off it. To me, the patch feels slightly thinner than the Chromaflex one on the Mariano Rivera retirement fitted from last year.

As of today, not all Lids seemed to have them out on display, as they only had the embroidered patch version on display. Ask a staffer there if they have them—they may have them in their stock room.

My hat is one that was made in China but it actually feels like it's decently constructed, unlike other New Era authentics made in China. Crown isn't excessively high, fit is nice, and the material actually feels durable. I just hope this doesn't attract dust, which the "Made in China" hats seem to do very well, unfortunately.
  Although I like embroidered patches more, think I'll just get this one because as far as I can tell it sits better on the hat than the embroidered ones I seen in store. Also, lids.com already removed the chromaflex ones off their website... what's up with that?

Although I like embroidered patches more, think I'll just get this one because as far as I can tell it sits better on the hat than the embroidered ones I seen in store. Also, lids.com already removed the chromaflex ones off their website... what's up with that?

Here's a direct link—it still works for me: http://www.lids.com/MLB/New-York-Yankees/20674609

The Chromaflex patch is more flush with the side of the hat; the texture and detail of the patch are huge pluses.

I'm starting to think maybe the embroidered patch was an error by New Era. They've been doing the Chroma flex since the beginning of 2013. I think both look good in their own way.

I'm starting to think maybe the embroidered patch was an error by New Era. They've been doing the Chroma flex since the beginning of 2013. I think both look good in their own way.

Chromaflex takes longer to produce, too, which may account for the delay (maybe they wanted to release them both simultaneously earlier but something affected the logistics). Or they just wanted the cash grab to get people to buy both; I think New Era had released some other Mariano Rivera fitteds with an embroidered patch in addition to Chromaflex last year.

Hahahaha Hahahaha

briannnnn briannnnn is correct. It was not an error by New Era on the embroidered patch; basically they offered both versions to retailers but they mentioned the chromaflex version is the one they'll be pushing the team to actually wear during Jeter's last home stand.

Be some funny sheez if Jeter was like dave chappelle gif "nahhh we ain't wearing a hat with an image of myself on there" since he's a G like that :lol: :nthat:

The 2012 World Series patch hats was the first incarnation of the chromaflex. I'll have to say I do prefer these compared to the previous piece of crap felt ones that were literally glued on and fell off inevitably. Admittedly I was a little skeptical on them at first when reading about them coming in.

Still got my Giants 2012 hats and the chromaflex is just fine after almost 2 years whereas all the other felt patch ones I've seen come off within weeks/months.

The only difference is the quality of the heat seal/chromaflex on the NFL Super Bowl hats is basura compared to the MLB World Series.

Last edited:
while we talking under brim

grey>>>>>>black

thats why i dont mess with them much anymore especially the black hats. too much black

white sox and all others looked so much better when they had the grey under brim :smh:

Has anybody ever had a patch sewn on to a hat? I see patches on ebay all the time for a couple bucks a piece and wouldn't mind throwing a couple on some older fitteds to bring new life to em.

Last edited:
jonwin jonwin always coming with the facts. I like both. The chroma flex looks real nice. Thanks for the knowledge.

briannnnn briannnnn I'm mad as hell I didn't get the embroidered version of the Mariano hat now. Was it an on-field or one of the ones with the patch on the right side? I've seen a few different ones with patches in random places and random sizes. I never saw an on-field one. Can either of you confirm? Thanks

Last edited:
jonwin jonwin always coming with the facts. I like both. The chroma flex looks real nice. Thanks for the knowledge.

briannnnn briannnnn I'm mad as hell I didn't get the embroidered version of the Mariano hat now. Was it an on-field or one of the ones with the patch on the right side? I've seen a few different ones with patches in random places and random sizes. I never saw an on-field one. Can either of you confirm? Thanks

Hahahaha Hahahaha

I don't remember for sure but I think the Mariano patch On-Field was same chromaflex but it was confusing since they released so many "custom" fitteds with the same Mariano patch on the sides, the front, the back, etc :lol:

Yeah, all the on-field All Star and Mariano fitteds I saw last year were chroma flex. Then I saw like 10 different custom Mariano's that had the embroidered patches. That's why I assumed it was only chroma flex.

My hunt continues for the As all star WITH the patch. My size on eBay jus went for 79 SMH. Highest i was going was 65.

Man I think I need to let fitteds go I'm starting to get a line on my forehead smh. Am I the only person who have this problem from wearing hats all the time.

Damn 80 for a hat??? I could make a killing haha.  I got old style grey underbrim/white sweatbands in a 7 3/8 that I would LOVE to get rid of.

i have the old style green and yellow brim from 2004 but brand new with stickers. sharp hat but im never gonna wear it :lol:

i wanna get rid of a bunch of my wools

Which year all star?
This year

wait what? why are they going for so much?
Dawg I have nooo idea. Theres a BIN one for $49 but this was an auction. Sat at $45 til the last minute then shot up to $79. The As joint is sold out everywhere I've looked tho...

picture of the hat? im confused as to why its going over retail.

i dont pay much attention to hat prices but never seen a all star hat sell for over retail

i have the old style green and yellow brim from 2004 but brand new with stickers. sharp hat but im never gonna wear it
laugh.gif

i wanna get rid of a bunch of my wools
Me too man.  You know anywere besides ebay where I can sell??

Which year all star?
This year

wait what? why are they going for so much?
Dawg I have nooo idea. Theres a BIN one for $49 but this was an auction. Sat at $45 til the last minute then shot up to $79. The As joint is sold out everywhere I've looked tho...

picture of the hat? im confused as to why its going over retail.

i dont pay much attention to hat prices but never seen a all star hat sell for over retail

Back
Top Bottom