Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

if you're in da BX era, Fordham road to be exact...

IMG_20170901_171308.jpg
IMG_20170901_171243.jpg
IMG_20170901_171259.jpg

a ish load of fitteds & snapbacks for $15 a pop.

its da pelle pelle spot next to da jewelry store with da pizza place on da corner, right on grand concourse. I racked up.

got the retro classic in hand and damn man , they really ****ed up something that had potential lol so many loose stitches. sizing is meh. def try in store.

u buggin if you think OG runs of these didn't have da same lil snags here & there.

make no mistake about it, those lids retro pro model fitteds are da best thing smoking right now... they're made of HEAVY WEIGHT 100% wool. i haven't seen something like this since i was a lil kid.

Indians, Orioles, California Angels, and lower case C throwback White Sox is COPPPPED. they're da logos that best represent da stark differences between modern raised embroidery or just rare to otherwise find on da wild as far as logo is concerned.

so ive been on the search for this hat for years. its a yankees skyline or cityscape hat. anyone have leads to where i can find this. they pop up once in a blue moon on ebay, but theyre impossible to find. bought this one many years ago. ive seen the other colorways available on ebay, but havent come across this same one in years. anyone in the jersey or new york area come across this make and model before?

im looking for a 7 5/8 in this same exact color.

Attachments

• 15045533053451112017374.jpg
    15045533053451112017374.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
so ive been on the search for this hat for years. its a yankees skyline or cityscape hat. anyone have leads to where i can find this. they pop up once in a blue moon on ebay, but theyre impossible to find. bought this one many years ago. ive seen the other colorways available on ebay, but havent come across this same one in years. anyone in the jersey or new york area come across this make and model before?

im looking for a 7 5/8 in this same exact color.

im pretty sure if u go to smaller mom & pop fitted shops their around...its a old "new era program" fitted.

try hatland, they always carry all da program releases.

im pretty sure if u go to smaller mom & pop fitted shops their around...its a old "new era program" fitted.

try hatland, they always carry all da program releases.

ive checked online everywhere. this is an older model so its hard to find. there are different colorways and models, but i want this one exactly. im from cali, so i wont be finding any here. that's why im asking for help. im assuming if there are some of these, they would be in the new york/jersey areas in the mom and pop shops. hopefully someone on here has come across them.

that size runs out da fastest :lol:
True. They're the first to either go or they will sit for years. really no in between. Out of my past 100 purchases, I've maybe paid retail four times. Deep discount like 70 times.

Your making me rethink not scooping up a couple retro classics. I'm seeing quantity one or two for my size on almost all of these. My size will run dry the quickest and I'll be left wondering what If. In a year we'll be seeking these out imho.

Price point is harsh though. But like I said. If u can find a place to try them on and use a coupon code, it's not an a bad venture. Flat embroidery for the sake of flat stitching is flat out stupid. I can't get past some of these inconsistencies.

I wouldn't exactly call them super heavy weight wool. Your over exaggerating how nice these are.
Not sure if anyone has worn theirs yet but everything tends to cling to my Indians wool hat. That's imported wool for ya. It's on par or even worse than the made in China 100% wool retros.
Fit is also just okay compared to a 2006 wool on field. I thought they were closer quality and fit wise, just based on visuals. But upon wearing a real wool on field and then these 'knock offs', you can certainly tell the difference. Nothing will come close to that pre '07 fit.

I'm trying to give them credit here but I'm drawn back to compare them to the made in China stuff many people hate on. It's the same general wool used on those made in China retros. I go back to that line constantly because they were doing things right before lids decided to make this exclusive line with all their mistakes.

I will give you this. Even the early wools had some unbalanced logos and button placements. So loose threads are no real biggie.

On 60% of these retroclassics you will never find your Pre 2007 wool size, so you tend to take what you can get regarding price points and inconsistencies. I may buy down a size next time and see how those fit. This time, no paypal. And I'll return in store.

Not groundbreaking but a step in the right direction
asianhomevideos asianhomevideos ebay has a 7 7/8. You could likely shrink it down with ease.

Last edited:
For history sake, I scanned a couple of the NE tags I had lying around/still on hats. I'm not sure when this all started and when it ultimately stopped but I have a couple years worth.

1992 saw the following:
IMG_3718.JPG

1995 saw a slight change up
IMG_3719.JPG

Both the '92 and '95 hats also featured this black tag:
IMG_3716.JPG

IMG_3715.JPG

Then in 2017, we have the lids exclusive retro classic which copied the the above and made it its own
IMG_3717.JPG

Last edited:
22 'new' retro classics just dropped.

Some pretty obscure caps mixed with some classics. They butchered the regular navy/PNW Mariners but seemed to get the 2000 alternate in solid fashion.

I'll give a one by one breakdown later on

Houston astros gold star- appears to be accurate to on field specs. They did use flat logos for this design.
Philadelphia phillies red- appears to be accurate to on field specs but it appears to be missing a batterman. Of all hats to choose to not have a batterman, they miss the mark here.
Seattle Mariners navy/teal- the teal is not PNW green aka mariner teal. They are way off the mark here color wise.
Seattle Mariners blue/yellow- for one year in 1992, they did have a batterman. This one seems true to spec on all fronts.
Seattle Mariners 1999 compass- there's a Nancy blue outline of the flat logo ( it should be raised). Otherwise, I'd say the China retros do it better
Seattle Mariners all navy- you can't really mess this one up. Look at the PNW stitching here and compare it to the navy/teal retro.
Florida marlins black/teal- except for the obviously misshapen marlin fin, not a hard one to mess up
Cleveland Indians navy/red big wahoo- much like the other wahoo, the logo itself has this huge white outline. Huge deterrence imho.
Milwaukee Brewers gold MB- very similar to the TBTC from last season. Looks to spec to me
Chicago Cubs blue- theyre using the newer brighter blue and not what was used back when they had flat logos (pre 1996). These hybrids really suck the life out of ge authenticity
Cincinnati reds black and red set- look pretty good to me. Nothing sticking out
Pittsburgh Pirates black/red.- as a 1997 alternate, it should not have flat logos, otherwise seems fine.
Arizona diamondbacks purple- what the bell is this bright purple stuff in their oversized logo? Worst one of the bunch by far. Y'all gotta see a side by side lol.
Arizona diamondbacks white- button should be purple. Also the bright purple on the logo should match the darker purple on the brim. Second worst
Detroit tigers navy/white- something about the logo size still seems off. Calling this one too small
Oakland As green set- not seeing this color and logo at all, unless they want to claim they are trying to emulate the '60s. More than likely they chose the wrong green and went with Kelly green instead of the darker green for the 1993-1994 road set. This wrong color may make this one of the worst as well
Baltimore orioles black/orange- it's looking like they wanted the 1998 set. Logo shouldn't be flat and that yellow stitching looks Weird as heck
Kansas City royals grey- 1995-1999 grey set. Logo looks to be the kids variety. Way too small.
New York Mets white- 1997 debut cap. Logo shouldn't be flat.
Tampa Bay rays black tb- I feel they are using too bright of a purple color on the stitching.

Last edited:
Just left some impressions. The As are off big time. Diamondbacks got butchered beyond belief.

I want to call it 50-50 between 'perfect' and not so good.

Did I miss anything?

B bm35 thats taking it back some 21-26 years. Clean all around hat. I don't often get away from the mlb on fields. Maybe I should

Another 'hunch' pick up
IMG_3836.JPG

IMG_3839.JPG

You learn something new everyday. Didn't realize the Mariners went black under in 2004, like a few other teams did during this era. I knew of the rangers and the angels but not Mariners.
IMG_3837.JPG

Long story short, this seller had very vague photos. After days asking for one photo, I got the photo. Grey under sz 8. I ask for other photos but as a bigger outlet for hats, I knew I wouldn't get the quick response and I didn't want these sold from under me. Their other photos were just as vague but seeing only sz 6 7/8 and 7 7/8-8 made me confident enough that they'd all be like the one in the photo. A couple generic photos, you could see the grey under. So it wasn't a total blind purchase.

Turns out they are all 100% wool made in USA on fields. Two have black unders. The Mariners is a 2006 era. The others seem to fall within the 2003-2005 camp.

Since I went slightly under budget the last time around, I kind of went above it here. Averaging out to $20/hat, which id do all day, everyday.

Any sz 7 7/8-8s out there, they have a couple left like the ones I got. I can send the details.

Sizing is a bit funny. A couple 8s fit perfect. One fits too big. The 7 7/8s are perfect. And the one 7 3/4 needs to be stretched. Way too small. So even back then in its glory days, sizing was an issue.

Comfort and fit (on the majority that fit) is amazing though. They really don't need to be broken in. So very much worth the cost here. I don't think anyone of these had ever been opened. Beyond brand new.

I got some comparison photos coming soon

Edit:
Here's a made in China custom vs a on field wool
image.jpg

Made in China on the left. Made in USA on the right. USA a touch more of a blue. Made in China has a hint of purple.
image.jpg

This is about as close to matching as you can get but still being a shade off. Someone mentioned the made in China navy wool having a hint of purple to it and this just confirms that.

I will say, the USA wool seems to have a thicker sweatband. I think that whole era did. It adds so much to the comfort level. The made in China custom is constructed to where it feels bumpy around my temples. Maybe too thin of a sweatband. I know the poly era has had that issue for me. So it's not just a China vs USA issue. Quality all around is on the decline. But not with the USA wools.

Last edited:
B bm35 thats taking it back some 21-26 years. Clean all around hat. I don't often get away from the mlb on fields. Maybe I should

Another 'hunch' pick up
IMG_3836.JPG

You must have picked up the bigger size from this seller on ebay for the astros? I wiped out his 7 5/8 and 7 3/4. I messaged him for pics because he just had 1 stock photo and the pics he sent me were from the 02-04 era. When I received them, the 7 5/8s were from 02-04 and the 7 3/4s were from 06. They both fit the same by the way. The sizing was off back then too, lol. This was a nice little score for me at 23 shipped each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Era-Female-Male-Houston-Astros-Authentic-Cap/292216226687?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=591138849092&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I did confirm his pictures to be correct for the 7 5/8 from the 02-04 era, but the 7 3/4 were from 06. He has a 7, 2 7 7/8s and 1 8. They all should be wool from what he sent me.

Attachments

• IMG_2222.JPG
    IMG_2222.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2223.JPG
    IMG_2223.JPG
    353.4 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom