Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

2BD8490F-A85F-4481-9BFA-F7F28170E4CE.jpeg

I own a few white college fitteds. They lasted like 5 wears. If you thought grey unders were tough to keep clean, these crowns will be toast within weeks. But the way some dudes wear their caps with almost too much care and thought, it’s possible to maintain. Maybe one wear a year with them lol. I don’t mind sweating in mine. At the end of the day, they’re perishable products and cardboard over time also has a tendency to crack. So you have to watch for both extremes.

last few month of pickups. I think my preference is dark navy 80-20 over everything else. And white may be 0.1%.
5DDDA0AF-1750-4B3B-8703-4D8598017368.jpeg

asiatic204 asiatic204 I’m indifferent on the new mb. It’s probably why I hesitated for 6-8 months on scooping one up. And the one I get isnt even an on field.
Side by side with a 2016 MUSA era non flagged on field.
not a fan of the total symmetry with the ball. The wonky nature of the original made it unique and hand drawn almost. They got too technical imho.

78C20D75-4D76-408D-BFDF-15EE0CE69FA2.jpeg
CFDC0D4B-E31E-46FB-B7BA-56806614FF18.jpeg

close up the sweatband, which is truly a one piece soft fabric. 95% of other caps have some texture and backing. This opening day is odd, yet comfortable.

asiatic204 asiatic204 I’m indifferent on the new mb. It’s probably why I hesitated for 6-8 months on scooping one up. And the one I get isnt even an on field.
Side by side with a 2016 MUSA era non flagged on field.
not a fan of the total symmetry with the ball. The wonky nature of the original made it unique and hand drawn almost. They got too technical imho.

78C20D75-4D76-408D-BFDF-15EE0CE69FA2.jpeg

That logo is weird and i cant call it. Dunno if i like it or not

It's clean. Almost toooo clean. I preferred the more curved lines/less symmetry in the ball of the original.

Hatheaven with the assist
C23831B2-FC5E-49E5-B93C-59D957B834FF.jpeg

Wahoo collection 99% complete. Long time coming. I think I saw this on HH last year and could never time it right. Big ups to the poster here who posted about a restock.

For those wondering, the cap is made in Bangladesh, is 100% wool and has a black sweatband, regular on field batterman, tonal red side flag, and grey under.

This feels and acts more like a made in China cap. The crown is more high crown than ballooning out over the sides. It's more high crown looking than bulbous

No true fuzz on the wool. Stitching is clean with no bumps on the crown. The wool itself appears to have some side horizontal streaking but it's no big deal. Sizing is 1 size too large.

Overall solid B. Since this is something I've wanted for so long, it's a keeper. Not sure I would impulse buy knowing most of these are Bangladesh made now coming from HH, HC, And 4u.

This must be new. There's a new genuine merchandise tag that I've never seen before on caps.

Wow. Did HC undershoot demand here with the toy story collection? Just when I think caps are slowing down, I’m constantly surprised at what’s popular and selling out

Anyone think we’ll get BF SALES? Caps are selling out at $42-$50 now, so I’m fearful these shops won’t get anything out there.

HC used to have 30% off. Same with mickeysplace and all the others.

Too bad it looks like all the Dodgers on field hats with the 2020 WS patch on them are outsourced unfortunately after I checked around. I believe that's actually going to deter me from getting them. :emoji_angry: 🙄👎

I know most New Era hats are outsourced, but I got so used to the MLB on field hats being made in U.S.A. for so many years now. I realized that a lot of the on field hats have been getting outsourced the last few years, especially with the more popular teams for mass production purposes.

therealest1 therealest1

even some of the so called game worn on fields, which should be MUSA, look like crap.
It’s obvious it’s imported materials and 98% of it is imported, and crap.
There truly isn’t a MUSA source anymore.
2019 post season may have had a few but 2020 is looking bad. Game worn MUSA caps look identical to the consumer Bangladesh, China, Haiti, or Laos.

there’s a fb group with game worn caps and such. They look terrible. Even the players are getting crap.
It’s a pretty bad time for cap collectors.

therealest1 therealest1

even some of the so called game worn on fields, which should be MUSA, look like crap.
It’s obvious it’s imported materials and 98% of it is imported, and crap.
There truly isn’t a MUSA source anymore.
2019 post season may have had a few but 2020 is looking bad. Game worn MUSA caps look identical to the consumer Bangladesh, China, Haiti, or Laos.

there’s a fb group with game worn caps and such. They look terrible. Even the players are getting crap.
It’s a pretty bad time for cap collectors.

What the F? Players are getting screwed over with outsourced 💩 too? I knew consumers would get screwed because it's pretty much a formality. I mean the players normally always get the better quality. 😲

That's Corporate America for you, anything to reduce overhead and increase profits. 👎:emoji_money_mouth:💰💵💲

Pro cap collectors has a group on fb. Quite a few team bought player worn caps that look terrible, yet state Musa with imported materials.

Imported materials have been around since 2016. In 2016, they were soft and fuzzy. Ever since, it's been edging closer to 100% imported. Don't want to be a Debbie downer. But reality shows it's not looking good.

Back
Top Bottom