Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Nah man it was pretty bad

Yikes. Some 2017 on fields have started to come out. Rockies with the flag on the side looks like a straight fashion cap. I can't possible feel this was a good move in any regard.

In other news, it looks like Eastbay finally took down the on fields from being a part of the 2 for $__ promotion. I saw it as low as 2 for $35, and just recently 2 for $45, before you applied any coupon codes etc...

I made mention awhile back that Minorleagues.com was having a close out sale on all of their non FLAG on fields. I want to say the deal started at $20/hat, then it was $16, then $15. Now we are seeing $10 hats.

I kind of went crazy :smh:. On fields, cooperstowns collection, and minor leagues.. Such a crazy deal. Order 10 to reach their free shipping threshold.

There's a yankees low crown navy/red 1910 on field cooperstown listed in three sizes. I'd wear pretty much anything for $10. I'm a cheap "fan"

Last edited:
Are they still up? :nerd:

Yup
http://www.minorleagues.com/MLB595007.html

This will be my third purchase with them. Stocked up on 19 of them. That amounts to almost $500 in savings:smh:

wallyhopp wallyhopp

not too familiar with all the terminology but all the hats being labled performance fabric has me kind of hesitant on pulling the trigger. do you know if that is the material like the batters box hats? like the mesh type joints?
No it's just usually referring to the polyester caps as in its a performance fabric somehow

What's the fit like on a leather sweat band? This is a very old new era hat. What dates would this be from?

I had a bunch of leather lined New Eras. They are not functional. You wear them in the summer and forget it. :lol:

As for what era I'm not sure the dates exactly. I had them in the 90's.

Are they still up? :nerd:

Yup
http://www.minorleagues.com/MLB595007.html

This will be my third purchase with them. Stocked up on 19 of them. That amounts to almost $500 in savings:smh:

wallyhopp wallyhopp

not too familiar with all the terminology but all the hats being labled performance fabric has me kind of hesitant on pulling the trigger. do you know if that is the material like the batters box hats? like the mesh type joints?
No it's just usually referring to the polyester caps as in its a performance fabric somehow

I am not too keen on the terminology either. But for the most part, performance headwear is a key term for "on field". For a time frame between 2009-2011, New Era MLB on fields had the markings of "Cool Base". It was stated as having Revolutionary wicking, superior drying, and shrink resistance. Now whether the actual poly material before and after were any different/better/worse, I just dont know. But there is a lot of word play in ON FIELD caps

They have been the same polyester since 2006 :lol:

They just had weird terms and yes I remember the cool base crap which no idea why they used that, probably in part that the jerseys were called cool base which were made of polyester

Either way the hats have been the exact same in terms of material used for the last 10 years

What's the fit like on a leather sweat band? This is a very old new era hat. What dates would this be from?

those pics look like two different caps..the bottom looks like a cotton sweatband...

Also - is the NE tag upside down? You sure its legit? A pic of front logo would help date it but most likely from the 1980's.
New Era had done away with leather bands by the late 80's...with the exception of rare player edition examples, if they preferred leather...

Because the leather band is thinner than the cotton...they usually fit one size smaller...that is one would size down one size...
BUT - the cap is so old - it most likely has shrunk a size or two anyway...so your normal hat size or one size up actually...

one can always steam/heat press a cap to shrink it...i may at some time post the entire method...

Last edited:
those pics look like two different caps..the bottom looks like a cotton sweatband...

Also - is the NE tag upside down? You sure its legit? A pic of front logo would help date it but most likely from the 1980's.
New Era had done away with leather bands by the late 80's...with the exception of rare player edition examples, if they preferred leather...

Because the leather band is thinner than the cotton...they usually fit one size smaller...that is one would size down one size...
BUT - the cap is so old - it most likely has shrunk a size or two anyway...so your normal hat size or one size up actually...

one can always steam/heat press a cap to shrink it...i may at some time post the entire method...

Damn. I def bought several new ones in the mid-90's. At the spot I used to go to, dude must have been holding some old *** stock.

Damn. I def bought several new ones in the mid-90's. At the spot I used to go to, dude must have been holding some old *** stock.

You could get '80's on-field Red Sox caps at Fenway into the '90's. And there were other places like that.

Back
Top Bottom