Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Latest acquisitions @ $15 (Canadian) each so ~$11 USD
63C69BE0-3766-4DD1-9A4B-F85ADCC61D7C.jpeg

Wife even picked up the tab as part of my Father's Day gift :smile:

Local outlet-type spot got a boatload of pre-NE flag on fields, which is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. They have pretty much every team in stock (for now) so I'm thinking of going back for more. Just need to narrow things down because while most teams I have zero desire to own (ie. TB, Bal, KC, CR, Mets, Marlins, Ari) the Jays fan in me has me conflicted on anything AL. Debating getting Det, Cle, Oak, StL atm

I know which stores you’re talking about. I was surprised to see all their selection, particularly the Red Sox sock logo one. They had the spring training hats and the older Baltimore hats for $5 a couple of months back.

Latest acquisitions @ $15 (Canadian) each so ~$11 USD
63C69BE0-3766-4DD1-9A4B-F85ADCC61D7C.jpeg

Wife even picked up the tab as part of my Father's Day gift :smile:

Local outlet-type spot got a boatload of pre-NE flag on fields, which is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. They have pretty much every team in stock (for now) so I'm thinking of going back for more. Just need to narrow things down because while most teams I have zero desire to own (ie. TB, Bal, KC, CR, Mets, Marlins, Ari) the Jays fan in me has me conflicted on anything AL. Debating getting Det, Cle, Oak, StL atm

I know which stores you’re talking about. I was surprised to see all their selection, particularly the Red Sox sock logo one. They had the spring training hats and the older Baltimore hats for $5 a couple of months back.

What spot is this? :nerd:

Bingo, that’s the one!

Went back over the weekend and wanted the Cle Wahoo too but they were out of my size. Smh @ myself for missing the boat.

What size of Cleveland are you looking for? They got 7 3/4 at steeles. I could check the by Vaughan mills for you. Sizes are selling out fast. Yankees are down to 7 only.

What size of Cleveland are you looking for? They got 7 3/4 at steeles. I could check the by Vaughan mills for you. Sizes are selling out fast. Yankees are down to 7 only.

Looking for 7 and 1/8 for the red brim Wahoo.

Repped for looking out!

Sorry if im late, Went into a lids ans seen that they are bringing back an old snapback style from the 90's, they even bringing back the old new era logo with lettering underneath

hat4.jpg
hat3.jpg
hat2.jpg
hat.jpg

^ that's taking it back to around 1997 (at least the flag and NE text below it).

I can see NE pushing this onto all caps including MLB on fields. To them, a NE flag logo is not distinguishable enough IMHO. It's like Nike have NIKE below the swoosh (which they did back in the mid to late 80s). Adidas is not Adidas without having to spell it out as well lol.

They pushed this in '97 since the flag logo was brand new. Around that same time, we saw the flag appear on MiLB caps as well as NBA and other league caps, but never spelled out. By 2000, the NE text and the flag were never really seen again in That same fashion

This may be a first on the side of the cap. A bad new trend IMHO.

Last edited:
Yikes. Dude take about his other gig about changing what's not broken (and getting called out for it) and then immediately in 2016 when dude joins NE, we see the flag on the side of on fields. It's a bunch of crap.

Good insights into the direction they want to go. As 90% of production is now out of this country, and almost all of the materials are imported, it's truly not even an American company anymore. Thanks dude.

Sales are generally up. You're spread out into other avenues (almost spread too thin). I guess congrats? Quality is in the era where it's the worst it's ever been.

wallyhopp wallyhopp

What are those 9 current teams you referenced? I can probably guess most of them.
Boston, both Chicagos, both LAs, Miami, Yankees, Giants, and Rays are all one cap teams. We're talking upwards of 133-147 wears

Some pickups I havent posted here

1991 Portland Beavers HC exclusive
291ch09.jpg

They were the Twins minor league affiliate back then. Love the likeness to the Twins M

Here's a 2015 era New Britain Rock Cats minor league cap. They, too, were a minor league affiliate of the Twins
upload_2018-7-15_14-23-41.jpeg

@green rhino123
Here's that batterman-less Braves cap that I had asked you about.
4ie8tw.jpg

2psm5gm.jpg

All tags seem to indicate 1993-1996, but its clearly missing the batterman.

This 94-96 Pittsburgh Pirates on field was sort of thrown in as an extra
szvd4i.jpg

14v4cvr.jpg

2001 era Cleveland Indians on field. 100% wool. Made in USA
2nugz5.jpg

25fhaxh.jpg

Some deals I've spotted

Macy's is having 30% off many items, including on field caps.

I'm seeing nearly all FSRs of the latest flag versions if you like those.

https://m.macys.com/shop/search/Pageindex,Sortby/2,PRICE_HIGH_TO_LOW?experience=responsive&keyword=Mlb authentic

I'm also seeing non flagged on fields if you scroll further down. Iffy on sizes but there's some middle sized wahoo caps And Yankees.

Most are coming out to $24.49 with free shipping. Now if you use Ebates, they have 12% cash back offers right now.
https://go.ebat.es/imsk/wZBs44JBZC

With Ebates, were seeing $21.55 on fields. This is a tad better than lids' access club membership of 25% off. Here we're seeing 42% off.

eBay's not always great with sub $15 finds so this is a solid option.

Last edited:
Sale ends tonight but mickeyplace is having 30% off everything.. SUMMER18 is the code.

A couple new pickups from the past month
3320aaw.jpg
24bu235.jpg

The indians was purchased right after the other indians. Crazy how they sometimes come in twos. I had been on the lookout for years for a late 2000 pre small wahoo cap. It's a 1997-1999 on field MUSA 100% wool, grey under.

The other four had quite a journey of their own. I spotted a hat lot of like 23 caps. Obscurely positioned or photographed were a few of these. I knew I didnt want them all as most were customs, or black unders. So picking and choosing was a must. After a month of back and forth messaging and trying to get proper photos, I was able to get all four of those for a decent price. It was tough because I had asked for photos of the twins cap, and they didnt know what it was. So I had to describe it. Then they continued to want to call the color black, and not dark navy. So I was a bit worried it was actually black. In reality, 3 of the four were worth what I paid easily. The Tigers cap was described to them as a dark cap with a White D to make things easier. Indians, red faced cartoon looking dude on a blue cap. That's kind of what you deal with sometimes when trying to find some older caps

Yankees is a 09 Ws patch cap. Made in China. 100% poly, black under. I had a feeling it would be chino and it was. The others are gems.

2003 era indians, 2003 era twins, and a 2006 era tigers cap. All 100% wool, grey unders, MUSA. One brand new, the other two maybe worn 3-4 times tops. Sweatbands still prestine. I literally sweat through some sweatbands worse than that on my first go around, so that used factor deters some. But a good febreshing does the trick, or a good hot water steaming with a pot of hot water on the stove top

Spotted this on IG
38072609_222062995177866_2731006649387974656_n.jpg

That's just officially speaking. A few of these caps havent been worn this season, last season, or in many seasons. But It does paint a certain picture.

1 team has 5 official caps
6 teams have 4
10 teams have 3
9 teams have 2
4 teams have 1

In 1999, 27% of the league had one cap. Today, we're at 13%.

From some prior posts,
1989- 92% with one cap
1993- 71% with one cap
1994- 61% with one cap
1995- 54% with one cap
1999- 27% with one cap
And we can offically say, 2018 has 13% of teams with one cap.

By 2020, we may have only 1 or 2 teams

Back
Top Bottom