Post your NFL playoff predictions. Vol Jason Garrett not allowed.

I know his deal. He brings Peyton up all the time. It's just amusing that if Manning wins the divisional round then he'll lose the conference championship. But if by chance he wins that game then he'll for sure choke in the SB. Everybody knows his record in the playoffs so it just sounds silly to talk like that.

What's my deal? Making posts that are backed by factual information?

Look up Peyton mannings career playoff record when the tempature is less then 40 degrees.

Compare his regular season stats to his playoff stats.

A potential Super Bowl in MetLife is unideal field conditions for him.

The factual information and history show that he has a track record of choking and aside from the 06 afc title game, he hasn't defeated an elite team with an elite or very good qb in a playoff game. Unless you consider one of these guys: jake Plummer, Trent green, a past his prime Steve McNair, Rex grossman, a 2nd year joe flacco or mark Sanchez to be good qb's.

I don't see Peyton choking but I also don't think he choked against Baltimore last year.

To me he didn't totally crap the bed by any means. He did have some bad picks and was aided by strong special teams play that In a way counters the jacoby jones touchdown.

To me watching that game its what he didn't do with the ball that he does so often during the regular season which got to me. So many missed conversions on 3rd down, and he didn't appear to be in control of the game. Alot of times in the regular season even in games he's lost he makes those conversions usually and seems more in control. Its a few other playoff games I've got that same bad vibe from him and the end result was them losing to a team they shouldn't have lost to.

I will say this though. With that 1 seed and no real true threat in the afc this year, its inexcusable for him not to lead that team to the Super Bowl. Home field and no real other elite afc team to compete with.

Both Charger games were decided by a TD... The Chargers went into Denver and beat them. Playoff games against divisional foes are always ugly AND Philip Rivers is a hot QB without a ring....

As far as the Saints go.... We ordered them new sweatsuits WHODAT :pimp:

I remember one of the worst defensive plays ever in that game. Nate Robinson could have deflected that pass. You deflect that pass, game over. Peyton threw a pick and the ball was thrown softly but it was his first season back at an old age from some serious neck surgeries. His strength wasn't full back, I'm sure he was fatigued. I don't blame Peyton, he made some mistakes though. Baltimore had a lot of luck that night and it's better to be lucky than good.

Not that Peyton playoff resume is the point of this thread but I've always considered a team/QB getting a bye being essentially the same as a playoff win

Not that Peyton playoff resume is the point of this thread but I've always considered a team/QB getting a bye being essentially the same as a playoff win

It's always the same folks. With the same Peyton narratives.

MMG you my dude. But let it go. Let that boy be great.

I just find it funny how people are quick to talk talk about Peyton's shortcomings but never speak honestly about other "great" QBs

MMG you my dude. But let it go. Let that boy be great.

Yep. Regardless Denver doesn't even know their opponent so until then let's discuss this weekend. Weather in Cincy going to be cold and possibly wet. Favors Cincy D and running game IMO

That's actually a good way of looking at it. Never have before but I can agree with that.

What's my deal? Making posts that are backed by factual information?

Look up Peyton mannings career playoff record when the tempature is less then 40 degrees.

Compare his regular season stats to his playoff stats.

A potential Super Bowl in MetLife is unideal field conditions for him.

The factual information and history show that he has a track record of choking and aside from the 06 afc title game, he hasn't defeated an elite team with an elite or very good qb in a playoff game. Unless you consider one of these guys: jake Plummer, Trent green, a past his prime Steve McNair, Rex grossman, a 2nd year joe flacco or mark Sanchez to be good qb's.
Your deal is that you're a broken record.  Peyton has a losing record in the playoffs and in cold weather.  It's been made abundantly clear, but you hammer away at it anyway.  

Your deal is that you're a broken record.  Peyton has a losing record in the playoffs and in cold weather.  It's been made abundantly clear, but you hammer away at it anyway.  

If they win 2 games in January and 1 in February I won't be able to make any mention of it again.

I really hope Peyton finds a way to put up 40 and start at Cornerback. And goes all the way. So he can shut up all this talk.

I'm tired of hearing about Peyton and the cold weather. Peyton went against the best those years. He was always going against a great SD or NE team. We all know Bill is his kryptonite. Why can't people just appreciate what you're watching? He's won in the cold. Been to two SBs and lost to SD and NE almost every team which were as good or better teams. Unless you have Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, you wish your QB was Peyton Manning. The amount of disrespect that Peyton gets is disgusting.

2003: Won 2 playoff games (one in cold weather) and lost 1 in NE (SB Champ)
2004: Won 1 playoff game and lost 1 in NE (SB Champ)
2005: First round bye, lost to Pitt (SB Champ)
2006: Won the SB. Had to win in Baltimore (cold weather)
2007: Lost at home to SD.
2008: Lost in SD
2009: Lost to the Saints (should have won but didn't)
2010: Lost to NYJ at home

As I've said before, I can't imagine how disliked and discredited Marino must be to some I these people. Same with Elway prior to 97. At least he got his eventually

Sorry to join in the digression. We can move that discussion to the NFL thread

Last edited:
Peyton's choking talk = Brady's camera-less Super Bowl appearances talk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom