Post Your Tattoo Vol. Who Cares.

Originally Posted by DJ bana

long long story and details behind it, but .. in a nutshell... (as condensed as i can make it)

a real close friend of mine passed away a month ago today. she was on NT and ISS (sydni yoshie). for a long time she had been planning out her sleeve piece, which was going to be an octo. body modification is one of the many things her and i have in common. we got our napes pierced together last year, and have followed our ink journeys together. 1 week before she died, she got a rib piece. it was a note that her mom left on the fridge a few days before her birthday. the note read "its the big 18! youre now responsible for yourself, i love you so much! just dont get anymore tattoos <3 mom" ... she got her moms note in her handwriting and all inked right on her, haha. so, the signature that the octopus is holding (on me), is from a note she wrote me back in march, which includes a heart, just like her moms. originally i wanted to get the note she left me, but it wasnt as meaningful and beautiful as this piece. i got her octopus holding onto her name in the exact spot she had her most recent piece.

originally it was meant to be a TINY octopus holding onto her signature a lot smaller, but when my artist drew it up... i couldnt deny how fresh it was looking. i went for it, dropped 6 bills and spent 7 hours at the shop, all for my girl <3

theres tons more to it, in terms of how the octopus symbolizes a lot of other beautiful things... but i wanted to let her live on this way. 2 of her sisters and her best friend already got octopus tattoos also, on their wrists. everyone is getting ink for her, its so fkin awesome. this is my piece to my amazing friend. =) appreciated.

That's pretty cool. I'm the only one in my family with no ink, and I'm still on the fence on it. If I happen to get one, it's going tohave some meaning to it like that. I have a few ideas that I've drawn(mostly in reference to me and my twin brother), but we'll see what happens...

roll.gif

I just got one today... Its my middle name in armenian script. I got it on my wrist. Ill post pics within 2-3 days after it heals a little.. Quick 15 mins andno pain...

Originally Posted by FreshMoney15

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

Originally Posted by sbfreak

Originally Posted by 18th letter

I think I'm going to get a tattoo of this
anyone have any idea about how much it would cost
I would like it pretty big and and on my shoulder, perhaps maybe some even extending onto my chest and/or neck

st-michael3-destroy-freemasonry-link.jpg
what is that picture called? ive seen it before but dont know the name
I'm pretty sure its St Micahel the angel. its
pimp.gif

This picture is shown in the first pages of this thread (i dont know this niketalk member)...
I saved it cuz i was gonna show my homie cuz he got the same thing about a year ago now, cost him around 800 but i think he overpaid, for the record my friend got more on the background than the one on this pic which might be why he paid so much but still its was too much IMO.

no offense but dudes tattoo looks pretty wack, it looks like a kid drew it. I want mine to look like exactly like the statue and be as detailed as possible

Originally Posted by 75 Partly Cloudy

two fridays ago....

"My Lady of Angels"

last friday....

"Saint Dominic"
nice. ive thought about doing the virgin mary/supreme shirt into a tattoo.. but im not christian/catholic nor really care about religion.. but thatwould make a
pimp.gif
tattoo

serious question:

to all those who have tats which are visible when wearing clothes, shirts, shorts, etc. where do you work? did you get the tat before or after you got the job?or does what you wear to work/your uniform cover most/all of the tats?

I want to get a tat myself but not too sure with work and all. i wear a polo to work everyday and in the summer here in cali im not too sure if i wanna bewearing long sleeves or jackets just to cover em up. winter would be fine i assume. i guess it also depends on the employer too huh?

thanks.

tired.gif
wow, seriously?

some of you guys should have thought about these tats a little bit longer.
I thought about it i am 30 years old and am set for my job.The bottom row is for the Young man..My Grandmother used to always say it to me all the timewhen i was a child

This is my only tat i've had it for about 2 years now. I want to get something else but until I see something I really like this will be my only tat forright now.

my 20th bday is in sept and i know for a fact that i want to get a tat before then...i have been contemplating on what to get for a couple years now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
and i promised myself that if i lost weight (which i did) that i would reward myself haha

what do you guys think if i get this on my arm..from the top to the first set of wings
its the lalibela cross (religious place in ethiopia)

eth088.jpg

2412yb6.jpg

Question : Once you want to go all the way to a sleeve, from just a few tattoos on your arms, how do you go about it so it still comes out clean and not allcrunched together?

Should you get the sleeve all at once? Do you have to have a big main piece and then work around that with filler?

Curious because I have one that covers almost my whole tricep, and next one is going to be bicep, but with a planned sleeve in the future, not sure how Ishould get it angled/size/effects to have it blend into a sleeve whilst looking clean. Any advice?

is it swagger jackin/d-ridin' if i wanna get a tat just like this?

3821877.jpg

(talking about his cross)
im sure i can bring this in to the artist and have him draw up his own rendition of it
but mainly i want a cross like that with the crown thorn with the "beams of light" shining behind it

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

^who cares what we think? it's your tattoo and your body

hah good point ..im most likely gonna take it to my friend to add his own touch (he can draw
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
) and ill post a pic when i get it

Back
Top Bottom