POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

manager walked into the office the other day w a freaking 18k sub (116618). My feelings were hurt. Never spoke with the guy in 2 yrs, we ending up BSing for 2 hrs. It's one of my goal watches...some day

Last edited:
A few on rotation. Ugh, taking close-up pics always makes them look ginormous on my wrist.
12065536.bmp

12065538.bmp

12065540.bmp

12065535.bmp

12065539.bmp

I considered buying a royal oak offshore before ultimately deciding to go with a Portuguese instead. I really love that watch, but just thought I should go with something that will be more timeless and I didn't know whether or not that audemar necessarily fell under that category. hopefully I can still pick one up at some point in the future.

Nice Audemars'! I'd be curious on how they asssemble those, with the hexagon screws.

The screws are actually tightened from the inside or the reverse side, think of a screw and bolt where the bolt is the one being turned.

I considered buying a royal oak offshore before ultimately deciding to go with a Portuguese instead. I really love that watch, but just thought I should go with something that will be more timeless and I didn't know whether or not that audemar necessarily fell under that category. hopefully I can still pick one up at some point in the future.

APROO is pretty classic and at this point, has become as classic as the Sub or Planet Ocean. If you like the overall design/style (I was never the biggest fan) then I think you will be happy with it for years and decades to come.

I don't know if you remember but I am in the market for an all black watch, when I saw this one and felt the comfort on wrist I am really considering this over the all black Tag Heuer Aquaracer

It is the Raymond Weil Freelancer

That is one of the nicest Raymon Weil watches I have seen, not in person but in pics. Without actually handling it in person, I can't really tell you how it feels and overall quality of the case, band, material, PVD, etc... For more information or a hands-on look in the watch, read up here: http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/hands-...-freelancer-urban-black-chronograph-live-pics

As for Raymond Weil brand, I say it is probably right there with Tag Heuer, maybe slight below. Personally I have about 4-5 tiers of watches.
Tier 1 being the highest which includes Patek, VC, Lange, JLC, etc...
Mostly watchmakers that has an in-house movement for almost all their watches and each watch are handmade.
Tier 2 being Omega, Rolex, Zenith, Breitling, IWC, etc..
Tier 3 being Tag Heuer, Baume Mercier, Longines, etc...
Tier 4 being Hamilton, Oris, etc...
Tier 5 being Seiko, Citizen, etc... mall brands.

Now that isn't concrete for me as some brands have higher end watches as well as lower end which can go up a tier or down a tier. I'd say Raymond Weil is tier 3 with Tag but some of their lower end watches is probably on my tier 4.

Also from SIHH 2013
Probably one of the best (if not the best?) Baume & Mercier watches I have seen, probably because it has a very IWC Portuguese Hand-Wound look to it.
The Clifton Line
42mm

The screws are actually tightened from the inside or the reverse side, think of a screw and bolt where the bolt is the one being turned.

yeah that's what my bet would have been, really nice touch. I'd love to view an assembly process live. Must be amazing, the amount of precision is just mind blowing.

yeah that's what my bet would have been, really nice touch. I'd love to view an assembly process live. Must be amazing, the amount of precision is just mind blowing.

The bolt or nut is actually a long tube where the screw tightens and it hold the whole case together.

Quote:
I don't know if you remember but I am in the market for an all black watch, when I saw this one and felt the comfort on wrist I am really considering this over the all black Tag Heuer Aquaracer

It is the Raymond Weil Freelancer
That is one of the nicest Raymon Weil watches I have seen, not in person but in pics. Without actually handling it in person, I can't really tell you how it feels and overall quality of the case, band, material, PVD, etc... For more information or a hands-on look in the watch, read up here: http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/hands-...-freelancer-urban-black-chronograph-live-pics

As for Raymond Weil brand, I say it is probably right there with Tag Heuer, maybe slight below. Personally I have about 4-5 tiers of watches.
Tier 1 being the highest which includes Patek, VC, Lange, JLC, etc...
Mostly watchmakers that has an in-house movement for almost all their watches and each watch are handmade.
Tier 2 being Omega, Rolex, Zenith, Breitling, IWC, etc..
Tier 3 being Tag Heuer, Baume Mercier, Longines, etc...
Tier 4 being Hamilton, Oris, etc...
Tier 5 being Seiko, Citizen, etc... mall brands.

Now that isn't concrete for me as some brands have higher end watches as well as lower end which can go up a tier or down a tier. I'd say Raymond Weil is tier 3 with Tag but some of their lower end watches is probably on my tier 4.
Ok cool thanks for the info RFX

I'll have to go to the local AD and try it on. Curious to see how it wears compared to the 41mm DJ2. A homie has a Presidential and it just seems like it's too big for everyday wear.

It's weird because I'm a guy who was rocking a Super Avenger a couple of years ago and now 41mm is almost too big for me.

I'm on the same boat with you, even the 40mm Portoguese Chrono seems a bit big on my wrist but the 39mm Explorer seemed perfectly fine, my IWC Spitfire is actually 39mm and my brother says it's too small on my wrist. :lol:

If the 39mm is too big, check out the older 36mm.

Have posted before, just added a Fuel Band, took this last week @ YC... think it looks sweet haha.

Thoughts on this pilot watch? I'm interested but may be afraid that 47mm may be too big for an everyday watch. Also thoughts on the rose gold being used for an everyday watch?

Back
Top Bottom