POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

what do you people do for a living??
eek.gif
eek.gif

^^^ That IWC is on backorder from almost every AD in the state of CA.
That's why I might move on and get something else in the meantime.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I think I know what my big purchase is before I get engaged (...start saving...) in December: Bell&Ross phantom

bellrosscolours1.jpg

there's one on Ebay right now and I'm so tempted.

I would strongly advise against the purchasing phantom B&R before actually trying it on. I've worn one, and have a couple of buddies with em and theyjust look like a giant black blog on your wrist (and this is coming from a huge B&R fan). Definitely not worth the $$. The BRS is also nice, but $3,000 fora QUARTZ watch?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Good Lord that IWC is beautiful. How much would that set me back?

$6,800 retail.

As for Breitlings, they are worth the price. Breitling could handle a good bit of abuse and even though they do not have an in-house movement, the movementsare highly modified and all COSC certified last I checked. Compare to Rolexes, I believe it is on par or very slightly below it. It is hard to argue withRolexes reputation and brand but I personally put Rolex on par with Breitling and Omega and even prefer IWC above Rolexes and Breitling will have the walletfriendlier choices. If you are asking for reliability and dependability, Breitlign is right up there, in both Auto and Quartz. Look-wise, msot are huge and itreally is a decision to the buyer. Overall, Breitling is a great watch to have. I would look more into it if it had more reasonable 38mm-41mm sized watches.

smh.gif

the stuff you guys post on here is ridiculous. i thought i'd be ballin if i had a seiko
laugh.gif

been trying to get this for a while:

2cp6nhy.jpg

Do not look down on Seiko. Seiko is a great brand around the world and better than Tag outside the U.S.
Seiko just had a bad name as a cheap watch in America but check out the Grand Seiko watches.
They cost more than Tag's.

On the other hand, I finally got to changing the straps of my Tag Heuer Carrera.
I love the croc strap!
2vw7pdk.jpg

21jzzue.jpg

How's the Carrera Tachymeter holding up for you? I was strongly considering purchasing one, but I just can't bring myself to drop that kind of $ on aTag (no offence). Not to mention, I need at least 44mm on my wrist. Still a gorgeous watch.

The Carrera is holding up well and it is easy to get a good discount on it now that a new Carrera has come out. You must have a huge wrist though if you need a44mm watch. The Carrera is thick though, very sporty but the croc strap brought that down a notch. You should check out the new Carrera Chrono Day-Date, theyare 43mm compared to the 40.5mm of the old one (mine).
[img]http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/jomashop_2044_222072154[/img][img]http://jomajewelry.com/jomasho...-cv2a10fc6235&img=THCV2A10FC6235_03.jpg[/img]

I saw the new Carrera a few months back when I was ready to go through with my purchase of an older Carrera that I had my eyes on (which never ended uphappening). Yes, the bigger size is appealing to me, but the dial is simply too busy for me.

And I don't think I have a big wrist by any means, but I've owned 40mm watches in the past and they just feel too small to me (and I'm not a showyguy by any means). It might be because none of my older watches ever had any real wrist presence when compared to the Carrera, which stops people in theirtracks (well me at least, I think it's a stunning piece).

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

are breitlings worth the money??... how are they compared to rolex?
They don't hold their value as well as rolex. I was browsing used breitlings and alot of them are going for much cheaper than retail.

Back
Top Bottom