POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

are breitlings worth the money??... how are they compared to rolex?
They don't hold their value as well as rolex. I was browsing used breitlings and alot of them are going for much cheaper than retail.

Almost nothing keep the same value as Rolex. IWC, Panerai and Patek does but those are extra expensive watches, and even then not all keep the same value.
Breitling, the same a Tag, has to be bought as a keeper.

And I don't think I have a big wrist by any means, but I've owned 40mm watches in the past and they just feel too small to me (and I'm not a showy guy by any means). It might be because none of my older watches ever had any real wrist presence when compared to the Carrera, which stops people in their tracks (well me at least, I think it's a stunning piece).
The Carrera is definitely one of the most attractive watches in person, the beauty and design of the watches are what keep Tag Heuer's imagehigh. They are great, but as for your wrist, I think you need a thicker watch rather than bigger. Havign a heavy watch will really have presence and thethickness plays a big factor too. Try on a Zenith Defy Classic and tell me that doesn't command presence. Breitling might be the watch for you too, theColt Auto is only 41.1mm but it's thickness gives it a beefier look and looks slightly bigger than it really is.
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/longskate87/?action=view&current=P1010113.jpg

I was playing poker and some dude had on a Carrera and the guy beside him had a Breitling Bentley 6.75 and to be honest the Tag was much nicer in my opinion.

The Colt is definitely a nice watch and it might be up next but I've been looking at the Steelfish as well (which is a 44mm). Regardless, I gotta try themon first.

My current watch is 45mm x 14mm and it's just right, IMO:

2qb7nyv.jpg

Your wrist are definitely bigger than mine. That 45mm looks just right.
Here's the 44mm watch on my wrist, looks too big I think.
38mm-42mm seems to be just perfect for me, even though at times, it feels like the 40.5mm Tag is huge on my wrist.
9unj1t.jpg

Definitely check out the Colt, you can get it for about $1700-$1800 new, which isn't too bad for a Breitling.

325.jpg
bj7000-52e-b.jpg

Invicta made a ''homage'' to the Nighthawlk
smh.gif

Shouldn't even bother making a homage when the original is only like $60 more

Originally Posted by rcdp

325.jpg
bj7000-52e-b.jpg

Invicta made a ''homage'' to the Nighthawlk
smh.gif

Shouldn't even bother making a homage when the original is only like $60 more

That is horrible.
Emporio Armani watches do "homages" to plenty of watches but at least it is from high-end, expensive watches.

How are Oris watches?

I'm a noob with watches but I've always wanted a couple of them. I should start spending some money on watches rather than spending it all on Jordans.

Oris is a great watch and quite reliable. It is higher in watch ladder than Hamilto and might be on par with Tag, they just do not have the name and reputationof Tag Heuers.
Oris could also be bought with great discounts. WJ4 has an Oris F1, he might be able to give you his own account/experience with the timepiece.

Now onto the beauty of simplicity!
*LOTS OF PICS*

Vacheron Constantin

38 MM Patrimony Traditionnelle
385.jpg

386.jpg

390.jpg

396.jpg

42 MM Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph
pc2.jpg

pc3.jpg

pc6.jpg

Patrimony Traditionnelle Perpetual Calendar Chronograph
pcc1.jpg

367.jpg

Skeleton Patrimony Traditionnelle
424.jpg

425.jpg

434.jpg

OPTIONAL DIAMOND BEZEL
408.jpg

Historiques American 1921
438.jpg

443.jpg

445.jpg

Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Contemporaine Automatique

Another new Hublot addition to drool over.
This time, the new All Black II with black ceramic bracelet, which apparently can only be scratched by diamond, a much stronger material.
Sadly, it is limited to 500 worldwide and each AD will probably get one.
AllBlackII.jpg

Also, an all blue and all green Big Bang:
BlueandGreen.jpg

does anyone know where i could buy a G-shock for cheap. (limegreen one preffered) thanks

Basel is upon us and plenty of new watches will arise. So here are a few that caught my eye.

Hublot Gold King Power

Not sure about this one but Big Bang Apple

Great Innovation, WiseKey w/ Hublots

Breitling B01 Chronomat
bb01.jpg

More to come as more watches are revealed.

^^ those look dope

after year of searching (not ready to spend couple g's on a watch) i finally found a watch i like and pulled the trigger ....should be arriving soon ...iduno much about watches or the company UHR-KRAFT ...but the watch look soo sick to me i had to buy it ...

BigWorld_21024_2A_m.jpg

Certina is a pretty good watch company. It is not very popular here in the U.S. due to lack of ads about it but they are not bad at all.
I have seen a few that looks great. They have been around for more than 100 years, they were just never big in the U.S.
They are like one of those unknown quality watches like Sinn, maybe slightly lower than that.
I would suggest one of their automatics though as they should be cheap enough to get one with a better movement.
Titanium is also softer (would dent easier) that stainless steel so keep that in mind.

On the other hand, Basel continues and here's some new pics.

New Monaco
tacon.JPG

Zenith Moonphase
zenmas1.jpg

Rolexes and others to come....

case? the face of the watch? sorry im new to this watch game
embarassed.gif
..here the spec i pull off from there website ..
[h1]Big World Automatic, 5 ATM[/h1]
Stainless steel case, Dualtime Automatic Powerreserve Indicator, Date, movement UK ST2545, measuring 50mm, thickness 17,2mm

Back
Top Bottom