POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

For those looking for an affordable and reliable yet very simple watch, may I recommend STOWA!
Shop_Eingang.jpg

The Antea is their regular line, very nice and subtle and clean. Very affordable too starting at around $430 and you can add a COSC movement and differentbracelet.
b16.jpg
b20.jpg
b29.jpg

1141748011-4242.jpg
b0.jpg
b7.jpg

Browse around in their website and you will see that they also have a Pilots, Diver, Sport and Vintage watches.
http://stowa.de/shop/cgi-bin/lshop.cgi?ls=e
b1.jpg
1216706996-10756.jpg
1239205813-27051.jpg

1181802993-7939.jpg
b0.jpg
b6.jpg

One drawback though, it is so popular that the wait time is 6-8 weeks of delivery if ordered today. It is somewhat like made to order.

Info on Tsovet anyone?

In the market for a "starter watch", something I can wear to the office or casually. Anything good for under $300?

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Hey RFX, peep Macy's around your way...30%+ off of Tags (per Slickdeals).

Thanks for the heads up. I believe it is because Tag is pulling their inventory from most Macy's (or department stores in general) because it isn'tselling too well in those places.
It would be the best time to purchase from Macy's if they have the 2-year no interest deal going along with Tag Heuer's.
The Tag stock in the Macy's in my area are depleted though but I'll check it out as I am still looking for a Monaco.

Crimson, I believe Stowa may just be the watch you are looking for, if you do not mind the wait.
It is right on your budget too. I can't believe I didn't consider this sooner.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Probably the most beautiful Tag Heuer.

The GRAND CARRERA Calibre 36 RS-2
picture.php
addon.php
addon.php

And yes, Leonardi is wearing the watch upside down.
actu_1242.jpg

TECHNICAL DATA - GRAND CARRERA Calibre 36 RS-2

Movement

TAG Heuer Calibre 36 RS - COSC - Automatic - Chronograph - 2 Rotating Systems indicating the chronograph minutes at 3 o'clock and chronograph hours at 6o'clock - Linear permanent second at 9 o'clock - Date

Dial

• Black dial
• Caliper Rotating Scale magnifying the reading of 1/10th of a second driven by the crown at 10 o'clock
• 2 Rotating Systems decorated with "Côtes de Genève" and polished facets:
o Chronograph minute at 3 o'clock
o Chronograph hour at 6 o'clock
• Linear second at 9 o'clock
• Hand-applied curved faceted indexes with double finishings
• Hand-applied TAG Heuer logo
• Polished hands with polished facets
• Chronograph second hand with red in the extremity
• Luminescent markers on hour and minute hands
• "Grand CARRERA - CALIBRE 36 - CALIPER CHRONOGRAPH - CERTIFIED CHRONOMETER- 1/10th of second" lettering on the dial
• Date window at 4:30

Case

• Case diameter: 43 mm
• Oversize black titanium grade 2 crown with red line at 10 o'clock allowing to use the Caliper Rotating Scale
• Black titanium grade 2 fine-brushed with polished facets push buttons
• Black titanium grade 2 case with curved faceted polished horns (ultra light and resistant material)
• Black titanium grade 2 fine-brushed and polished bezel with tachymeter scale
• Double antireflective curved sapphire crystal
• Oversize black titanium grade 2 screw-in crown with red line
• Black titanium grade 2 case back sealed by 6 screws
• Smoked double sapphire case back
• Water-resistance: 100 meters

Bracelet

• Black rubber strap with black titanium grade 2 end piece
• Titanium grade 2 folding clasp with safety push buttons and applied TAG Heuer logo

Availability

September 2009

My dream has been shattered though as the watch will retail... $10k.

^^^ Yeah, I've been told that it might be selected or regional.
Make sure to call Macy's before going over.
On another hand, selected Tag's has been on sale at Bloomingdales at 3-%-40% off too.
Well, at least the Bloomingdales in my area.

Originally Posted by boywiththeshoes

I went to the Macy's in DT SF and didn't see any tags 30% off.
You went to the one in Union Square, right? I believe they're going to be on promotion later in the month, my fiance' talked to someonethere yesterday.

Wow those Stowa's look great, I wish this was brought up last week cuz I just bought a Hamilton Automatic. BTW RFX or anyone for that matter, is there andtips or general info you can give me on automatic watches that I need to know?

^^^ With Automatic watches, there really isn't much you need to know other than just enjoy them.
It needs to be worn all the time to keep time or else it stops, that's a given but I would suggest manually winding it 30-40 times before using to get themost power reserve out of it.
It should be in the guide on how to do this but usually, you just put the crown in zero position (crown pushed in) and just turn it clockwise 30-40revolutions.
If the watch has a screw in crown, unscrew it and in the very first position, turn it clockwise 30-40 revolutions.
There should be a very slight resistance and if you put it in your ear, you should hear the cogs moving.

With Automatics, it is also good to keep track of how fast and slow it moves. Sometimes it will be - or + 3-5 seconds per day.
This sometimes depends on how you rest it when it is being worn. Most people experience it moves fast when resting face up and some experience it when it isresting on it's side by the crown.
Of course those are just meticulous work and if you want a very accurate watch. Other than that, enjoy them and worry about the compliments you will received.
happy.gif

As for Stowa, they currently have a 6-8 weeks wait time so if you place your order now, they will contact you when the watch is ready and then charge you.
I will put in my order once their international E-store starts working again.

Good info RFX I appreciate it, it actually came in today and it's my first automatic so I went to set the date and when I went to push the crown I musthave pushed it to the zero position instead of the 1st to set the time and I felt that resistance and it made a scratchy kind of noise so I immediately stoppedthinking that I was probably gonna ruin the watch
laugh.gif
. But now I know that's normal.

Yea I just checked Stowa's online shop and the U.S. site was down for repair so it referred me to the european site. They're style and price is rightup my alley, but I'll probably wait just was well for the U.S. online shop to come back around as well as getting my money right for the purchase.

^^^ Sounds good. Just remember though, 30-40 revolutions and no more. You do not want to over-wind it, I'm not but I don't think Hamilton has afeatures that prevent it from being over-wound.

Also, how about some pics to share?

^^^ I'll be honest with you, I dislike Invicta. Nothing against them but they really do not have their own personality.
Every design is somewhat of a rip-off from something else.
They are a decent watch for the price but not the best, the fit, the finish, they just aren't that good to me.
I honestly would go and spend the $100-$200 on a Seiko or Citizen or Orient rather than on an Invicta.
Hell they even use Citizen's movement in their watches, along with 3 others.
Last I heard most of their watches aren't even Swiss made anymore, as in most of their watches are made in the "far east."

Automatic Chronographs with Days and Dates are usually a variation of Valjoux 7750.
There is a lot of stress because of the number of functions.
It is ideal that you reduce the stress by changing the day and date with the watch the time at 5:30, or 6:30.

1. Pull the stem out (2nd and last stop) and adjust the time to 5:30 or 6:30
2. Adjust day and date (1st stop)
3. Now adjust the time.

Here's the watch I got today:

Hamilton Khaki Automatic 38mm
48f3690e447f45dd4d01a4efbdf9aa82f678ca13.jpg

696268141a48644aa97b7aad9e5983853e5fb5fc.jpg

4ca363d345c143ef48a8ad1bb5dcae0f27e0995b.jpg

fc21684f464fa1baa934f8216ff4015b3155b896.jpg

Not the best pics I could take but best I could do right now lol. I'm glad to finally post something in this thread. I did alot of research into not onlyfind a watch I think is nice, but also brand history, quality, and price. Hopefully won't be my last.

Very nice, I like it a lot. What'd it run you?

And what else were you looking at in comparison to that before copping it?

Retail for it was $525 but I paid about $370 Lazy...

When I decided I wanted to buy a watch just to rock with for the upcoming summer months I had my mind set on getting an all black watch...the TiC platedones...so I first looked at what Nixon had to offer because my go to watch is their Super Rover SS and they did have some nice watches but I wanted somethingelse so I looked into Seiko's Kinetic drive watches and they had a really nice one which will probably be my next purchase and then from reading thisthread I decided to check out Hamilton mainly because it offered some watches in my price range ($400-600), it was swiss made and $370 was a good deal for me.

Within the last 6 months is when the craftsmanship of watches really piqued my intrests...I hope it doesn't turn out like the collecting sneakers phase ofmy life
laugh.gif

I've never heard of Stowa before, but I'm loving their watches. How much do they run? Their website isn't the greatest...

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Here's the watch I got today:

Hamilton Khaki Automatic 38mm
48f3690e447f45dd4d01a4efbdf9aa82f678ca13.jpg

696268141a48644aa97b7aad9e5983853e5fb5fc.jpg

4ca363d345c143ef48a8ad1bb5dcae0f27e0995b.jpg

fc21684f464fa1baa934f8216ff4015b3155b896.jpg

Not the best pics I could take but best I could do right now lol. I'm glad to finally post something in this thread. I did alot of research into not only find a watch I think is nice, but also brand history, quality, and price. Hopefully won't be my last.

nice- i plan on pickin one up before the end of the month.

Question bump...

Just curious, what do Jacob & Co. watches run for? Nothing iced out or anything.

^^^ Jacob & Co. can get pretty pricey. I never really pay attention to them because their just too gaudy and loud for me but my guess is it starts at round$5k for a regular one.
Of course it will have discount, how deep the discount goes I'm not sure about.

Grimlock, love that Hamilton. You can't beat a Hammy for less than $400 with a reliable automatic showcased movement.
My Portuguese doesn't even have the movement showcase.

AC4, check out Stowa's Euro Online shop, they pretty much have the same info and the converted price from Euro to Dollar.
http://stowa.de/shop/cgi-bin/lshop.cgi?ls=e
Overall, Stowa is one of the nicest and well made German watchmakers with a pretty long history.
Play around with the watch at the Euro Online Store, you can see some nice pics and add stuff to customize it like a different strap or a bracelet, ordifferent colored bezel for the divers watches.

Back
Top Bottom