POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

[h3]NUBEO Black Mamba Watch & Kobe Bryant[/h3]

Swiss watchmaker, Nubeo, will be introducing the Black Mamba collection, at Baselworld 2009, which begins on Thursday March 26th. They have recruited one of the best basketball players in the world, Kobe Bryant, to promote this new collection. The Nubeo Black Mamba collection's main draw, other than being backed by one of the NBA's best, is its 131 component case. The Black Mamba features a 48 mm case made of titanium treated with DLC. The bezel is ceramic. Rubber is used on the crowns, pushers and strap. Water-resistance is 100 meters. And it will be available starting at $25,000.

That Kobe watch is too bulky and huge.
The bezel is borderline ridiculous and only 100m WR?
That thing should be able o stand at least 500m

And for that price and size, I would rather buy the Hublot King Power.

aiming for an all black hamilton.
i wasn't trying to spend more than 600 but this thread ain't helpin...

rfx or anyone with some knowledge
pros and cons of buying second hand?
particularly hamilton? does it hold it's value as well as other watch brands? how much should i be spending?
the watch in question is just a model from 2008.

Lazybone that Breitling is nice how much did that run you ? I was looking making my first major watch purchase looking to spend under a g. I'm looking forsomething with that black titanium look any ideas ?

Originally Posted by eteam o2

particularly hamilton? does it hold it's value as well as other watch brands? how much should i be spending?
Which model are you going for? The khaki autos?

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

Seems people are a fan of this watch. So I am going to post mine. I have other watches, and can post more if there is interest.
love this watch, whats the retail?

Originally Posted by HermitEdge

Which model are you going for? The khaki autos?

yeah... belowzero1000m to be exact

Pros of buying second hand, you save a lot and most of the time, buying from a watch enthusiast usually means the watch is well taken care of.
Cons goes with any items purchased used are the risks that it is used, damaged or even a fake.
Hamilton's doesn't hold their value well so it is a good buy as a second hand watch. You can get them real cheap if you know where to look.
As for how much you should spend, that is up to you. Depending on the watch, quality and condition, it will really just fall on your shoulders to decide if itis worth the price.

Again, check out Authenticwatches.com and Jomashop.com for price comparisons of the watch you want to buy used.
If the watch you want to buy used is only slightly cheaper than in those websites, then why wouldn't you opt for the new one for a few more dollars, right?
I hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

Seems people are a fan of this watch. So I am going to post mine. I have other watches, and can post more if there is interest.
love this watch, whats the retail?

Limited to 2000 pieces and retailed for 2770 Euro's.

Son, this thread is expensive as hell.
eek.gif

just picked up orient "mako" ...holding off on the omega seamaster/moonmaster ...still kinda iffy about dropping serious $ on a watch
embarassed.gif
...the orient mako will hold me off til i find a better deal i guess ...

yellow-mako.gif

You can't go wrong with a Seiko or Citizen for that price.
However, if you're looking for a more "stylish" watch, check out Emporio Armani or Diesel.
I've always seen Emporio Armani make "homage" to more expensive watches.

Carrera/Aqua Terra Homage
AR2411.jpg

Pilot/Flieger Homage
AR5834.jpg

Audemars Piguet Homage
AR0665.jpg

Speedmaster Homage
AR0636.jpg

PAM Homage
AR0320.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Audemars Piguet Homage
AR0665.jpg
Can I get more info/prices on this one please sir? That joint is DOPE!! I don't even know how to start buying watches.

Damn..... I wish I could be a watch collector like some of you. It's a field I can't even imagine stepping into when you are looking at 5-10 for a"normal" watch.

A friend of my father has literally 100's of watches upwards of $80k that are given to him as gifts and he wears the same typical Submariner everyday.

Until I am earning 500k annually I couldn't even consider dropping 10k/watch for numerous watches.
One day
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

You can't go wrong with a Seiko or Citizen for that price.
However, if you're looking for a more "stylish" watch, check out Emporio Armani or Diesel.
I've always seen Emporio Armani make "homage" to more expensive watches.

Carrera/Aqua Terra Homage
AR2411.jpg

Pilot/Flieger Homage
AR5834.jpg

Audemars Piguet Homage
AR0665.jpg

Speedmaster Homage
AR0636.jpg

PAM Homage
AR0320.jpg
Seriously, thank you for this post.... Those first two Armani's are perfect for me. Now I just need to track em down!
grin.gif

No need to drop $10k on a watch. You can easily find a great watch for $2500-$3500 easy.
The choices for that price range is enormous. Remember, when it comes to watches, no one pays retail (with a few exceptions of course).

As for those Armani's, Nordstrom and Macys should have them.
And if they are not excluded on the F&F sale Macys is having, I can't imagine a better time to buy them.

If there were any doubt...
IWC Leads the Competition in the 2009 Luxury Brand Status Index Survey

IWC Schaffhausen has secured the top ranking in the Luxury Brand Status Index Survey for two out of last three years in a highly competitive luxury watch market. IWC was given the number one position amongst thirty-three luxury watch brands and achieved an overall score of 7.87 out of 10 outranking Patek Philippe, Rolex, Vacheron Constantin and Audemars Piguet.

"We are incredibly proud of this achievement - it is a true testament to the heritage of the brand," claims Benoit de Clerck, President of IWC North America. "It also provides further proof that our fundamentals and emphasis on prestige, history and quality will uphold the brands distinct identity and appeal in the current economy. IWC has been around for 141 years and we plan to be around for many more."

IWC excelled in many areas of the survey and scored above industry benchmarks across the board. IWC outranked the competition in terms of quality, social status and self-enhancement and also stood out as the luxury watch brand that consumers are most willing to recommend to others and the brand most worthy of a price premium.

The Proprietary Luxury Brand Status Index (LBSI-Patent Pending) is the only measure available of the value and equity of leading luxury brands to wealthy Americans, based on statistically meaningful data collected from wealthy consumers themselves.

The LBSI incorporates four main "pillars" of brand stature: Consistently Superior Quality, Unique and Exclusive, Social Status as a product owned by people who are admired and respected, Self Enhancement, in that the brand makes the consumer "feel special" across all aspects of the customer experience.

The survey also measures three key "outcome" metrics, which are compared to the LBSI - worthiness of a significant price premium, willingness to recommend the watch brand to people they care about and the brand most likely to be considered the next time a purchase is made.

Thanks for the comments. I will post some more pictures later. I have my gray face Skyland on for the week, and can take some cell phone pictures of that.

The Blacksteel retailed for $5500, and was supposedly limited. I just went to an AD who said that Breiltling had another 30 BS sitting around at their factoryready for order. I have no idea whether this was the Super Avenger or the Skyland.

You can get the BS Skyland on the secondary market for about 4k, maybe less. It only has the rubber strap as an option, and it gets played pretty quick.

Another good buy is the Super Avenger with the Batons dial (2009 edition). It did not bode well with Breitling enthusiasts and sales have been really poor. Iwas offered $3400 at a local AD in SoCal. Plus, it is rather big.

I have owned IWC 3706, and Rolex Datejust (both I have posted before), and recently sold a IWC 3719 (Aquatimer Chronograph) and 3717 (Fliegerchronograph) sothat I can get on the Galapagos Aquatimer.

Back
Top Bottom