POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Jacob movements suck from what heard, and also resale value is crap. They might be better now with the swiss movements though.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Retail for it was $525 but I paid about $370 Lazy...

When I decided I wanted to buy a watch just to rock with for the upcoming summer months I had my mind set on getting an all black watch...the TiC plated ones...so I first looked at what Nixon had to offer because my go to watch is their Super Rover SS and they did have some nice watches but I wanted something else so I looked into Seiko's Kinetic drive watches and they had a really nice one which will probably be my next purchase and then from reading this thread I decided to check out Hamilton mainly because it offered some watches in my price range ($400-600), it was swiss made and $370 was a good deal for me.

Within the last 6 months is when the craftsmanship of watches really piqued my intrests...I hope it doesn't turn out like the collecting sneakers phase of my life
laugh.gif
It will, its just a grown man hobby. A couple of the partners at my firm have a dope collection.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Jacob movements suck from what heard, and also resale value is crap. They might be better now with the swiss movements though.
Word, but even the old joints said they were swiss made, but you know it was those $0.25 movements. I also think it would be pointless to buy aplain jacob cause that watch is fugly to begin with.

^^^ Jacobs & Co. are one of the watches that will never touch my wrist, along with Movado and Invicta.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

GrimlocK wrote:

Retail for it was $525 but I paid about $370 Lazy...

When I decided I wanted to buy a watch just to rock with for the upcoming summer months I had my mind set on getting an all black watch...the TiC plated
ones...so I first looked at what Nixon had to offer because my go to watch is their Super Rover SS and they did have some nice watches but I wanted something
else so I looked into Seiko's Kinetic drive watches and they had a really nice one which will probably be my next purchase and then from reading this
thread I decided to check out Hamilton mainly because it offered some watches in my price range ($400-600), it was swiss made and $370 was a good deal for
me.

Within the last 6 months is when the craftsmanship of watches really piqued my intrests...I hope it doesn't turn out
like the collecting sneakers phase of my life
laugh.gif
It will, its just a grown man hobby. A couple of the partners at my firm have a dope collection.

It is not a hobby that phase out though, I think it is a hobby that stays since watches can usually be sold to fund a new one.
It doesn't apply to all watches of course but most of the time, as well maintained watch can fetch a good amount.
I have anew one coming in tomorrow, damn this addiction!!!

laugh.gif
i think this watch addiction is kicking in ...im already thinkingabout swooping up a OMEGA Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon Watch MODEL: 3570.50.00 ...only thing stopping me is the thought of dropping 3k on a item thatsmall
eyes.gif
...anyway whats a good watch winder ..im looking into adding theOmega and probably a Tag into my small collection ...

Originally Posted by i3allistic

laugh.gif
i think this watch addiction is kicking in ...im already thinking about swooping up a OMEGA Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon Watch MODEL: 3570.50.00 ...only thing stopping me is the thought of dropping 3k on a item that small
eyes.gif
...anyway whats a good watch winder ..im looking into adding the Omega and probably a Tag into my small collection ...

Just imagine the intricate work and how beautiful that little item will be on your wrist.
Plus you should be able to get that watch at around $2,400.

As for watch winders, I wouldn't really worry about it unless you have multiple automatic watches and you plan it switch it up all the time.
It would take less than a minute to adjust it so it should be fine.
However, if you really want a winder, I have one from Acetimer.com and it works real well for me.
You can use it with an adapter or batteries. It also has 3 options of 650/850/1000 turns per day which aren't usually available for winders of this price.
The only down side is you can't choose whether it winds clockwise, counter-clockwise or both. It turns both ways on this one.

For a much better winder, but very costly, Orbita, Wolf Design or Scatola Del Tempo are great winders but at times, it will cost almost half of the watch ormore.
Some Orbita's cost almost $500-$1000 for a single watch winders.

Seems people are a fan of this watch. So I am going to post mine. I have other watches, and can post more if there is interest.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by i3allistic

laugh.gif
i think this watch addiction is kicking in ...im already thinking about swooping up a OMEGA Omega Speedmaster Professional Moon Watch MODEL: 3570.50.00 ...only thing stopping me is the thought of dropping 3k on a item that small
eyes.gif
...anyway whats a good watch winder ..im looking into adding the Omega and probably a Tag into my small collection ...

Just imagine the intricate work and how beautiful that little item will be on your wrist.
Plus you should be able to get that watch at around $2,400.
yah, thats what i've been telling myself lately ...
laugh.gif
..well i've been have my eye set on the Omega for awhile ...just never really serious about watches until this thread pop up
embarassed.gif
...also does it make a difference if the watch winder goes clockwise orcounter-clockwise?

lazybonejone - dope watch

Most watches does wind properly in either clockwise or counter-clockwise.
Visit Orbita's website, they have a list of watches and how and which way it should be wounded (IIRC).

Nice blacksteel Lazybone. Can we see some wrist shots (I just want to see how big a 48mm watch looks on a wrist) and some of your collection?
It wouldn't hurt to share.
happy.gif

I 'll get some wrist shots real soon. But, this is the Blacksteel Skyland. It is 44mm, the Super Avenger is 48.

I also have Rolex Submariner, another Breitling Skyland, and a Panerai 002 that was PVDed a year ago.

I would't mind seeing them all if you have pics.

Hmmm, so that's the Skyland. 44mm is still pushing it for my wrist, 41mm already looks huge.

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

I 'll get some wrist shots real soon. But, this is the Blacksteel Skyland. It is 44mm, the Super Avenger is 48.

I also have Rolex Submariner, another Breitling Skyland, and a Panerai 002 that was PVDed a year ago.
Show them...I'd like to see.

This is interesting:

With a new Tambour, Vuitton brings its work home

Though they often keep it on the low, many luxury watchmakers don't produce their own movements, which are costly, labor-intensive, and complex to make. So when a brand brings its manufacture in-house, as Louis Vuitton has now done, it's serious business-and, as in the case of the new Tambour Mystérieuse, worthy of celebration. Vuitton's first foray into full manufacturing-conception to construction-features a dazzling movement that seems to float inside the bezel, an effect accomplished by mounting it on sapphire crystal disks. If that feat of levitation isn't flashy enough, the Mystérieuse-available as a manual or automatic-is also fully customizable down to the metal and stones on the case. All that (and the miniature LV trunk it comes in) goes a long way toward explaining the $265,000 price tag. Since each takes about a year to craft, by the time yours is ready, you may even be able to afford it.

tambour_v.jpg

A new one just arrived along with a winder.

nt_410.jpg

IWC SPITFIRE!!!!
nt_310.jpg

nt_110.jpg

nt_510.jpg

All together now.
nt_210.jpg

had this for a couple years now. Techno Swiss. And naw it doesnt have yellow in it, thats just the lighting

the silver band is all scratched so I threw the gray one on it

^^^ I'd say both.
It is definitely gimmicky as the skull pretty much provide no function but merely as a style.
I do think it looks pretty good though, but it seems like it is something I would get tired of after a while.

Hamiltons and IWC's... what a sweet thread.

More on the peasant status tip, thinking about getting another Seiko Military auto.

How can one stop buying watches when they keep releasing these kind of watches?

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

Back
Top Bottom