POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

New LED watch, it looks like a bracelet but it is indeed a watch.
Pretty innovative:
http://www.100per.com/items/item01.html
item03.jpg

item01.jpg

item02.jpg

I haven't seen this before, an IWC Portuguese with a diamond bezel, which is quite unique because it appears to be inside the case.
I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Thanks for the pics, the blacksteel looks great. I would suggest trying to get a black bracelet for it, it would look amazing.
I was so tempted on pulling the trigger on a used one the other day but I couldn't justify the 44mm size on my small wrist.
Just curious, do you know the size of your wrist?

Thanks RFX45. My wrist is 6.75 but the black wears small, so it feels like a 42mm IWC Gst more then it does a regular Skyland.

It was a good idea you passed on the Blacksteel. The novelty wore off pretty quick. And the lack of options bothers me a lot. I can get a Pro II bracelet andget it PVDed (or DLCed) but that will cost around 1k, or grab a Ocean Racer and get deployant PVDd ($500-700). The lack of options it what bothers me, but Iusually buy my watches to later resale for a bigger purchase. It is not the case with the Blacksteel. The secondary market is terrible for this watch. I boughtit used for $4.7k and they are selling on TZ for 3.8k. Probably the first bad watch move I have made, especially since I already have the graphite Skyland.

Now I am looking at UNs and Jaeger Master Compressor, but got to wait for the economy to improve and for the demand for Blacksteel to go up.

some people on here got nice watches, but the other ppl need to stop getting pics of google images

does anyone care to suggest a watch? its my first big name watch/college graduation present to myself. thanks.

RFX,

Been collecting watches since I was a kid, I do so because I like watches not for status or anything. I have just now have begun venturing into the high-endwatch market (IWC, Tag Huer, Breitling, Omega...) #1 because I have dreamed of the day I could afford some of my current pieces and #2 as investments. I havehad two investment mottos so far:

1. I only buy watches made by watchmakers so Ralph Lauren, Armani watches...are automatic no, no's for me, and

2. I will not pay over $500 for a quartz movement. Anything above that price has to be a mechanical, automatic, tourbillion...

Good strategies or off base?

Originally Posted by RFX45

I haven't seen this before, an IWC Portuguese with a diamond bezel, which is quite unique because it appears to be inside the case.
I'm not sure if I like it or not.
WOW
eek.gif
and i usually hate diamond bezels!

Go with a simple Citizen Nighthawk, Seiko 5 Sports Diver, or Hamilton Khaki.

Seiko Monster is a great dive watch for the price, and has a lot of customization options if you go that route.

BTW, these are all available under $200.

If under 1k I suggest a Longines Hydroconquest, Debaufre Pilot, Stowa, or Marathon SAR.

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

Thanks RFX45. My wrist is 6.75 but the black wears small, so it feels like a 42mm IWC Gst more then it does a regular Skyland.

It was a good idea you passed on the Blacksteel. The novelty wore off pretty quick. And the lack of options bothers me a lot. I can get a Pro II bracelet and get it PVDed (or DLCed) but that will cost around 1k, or grab a Ocean Racer and get deployant PVDd ($500-700). The lack of options it what bothers me, but I usually buy my watches to later resale for a bigger purchase. It is not the case with the Blacksteel. The secondary market is terrible for this watch. I bought it used for $4.7k and they are selling on TZ for 3.8k. Probably the first bad watch move I have made, especially since I already have the graphite Skyland.

Now I am looking at UNs and Jaeger Master Compressor, but got to wait for the economy to improve and for the demand for Blacksteel to go up.

How long have you had your Blacksteel? Dropping $900 in a year and considering your the second user isn't bad at all. I think it has to do with the economymore than anything. The secondary watch market is a buyers market right now, great deals can be had anywhere. From Rolexes to Panerai's, everyone is moreweary of letting money go so if you can be patient and wait the recession out and keep it for another year, I could imagine that you could sell the blacksteelfor the same price it is going for today.

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

does anyone care to suggest a watch? its my first big name watch/college graduation present to myself. thanks.

Price range?

Originally Posted by JinKazama

RFX,

Been collecting watches since I was a kid, I do so because I like watches not for status or anything. I have just now have begun venturing into the high-end watch market (IWC, Tag Huer, Breitling, Omega...) #1 because I have dreamed of the day I could afford some of my current pieces and #2 as investments. I have had two investment mottos so far:

1. I only buy watches made by watchmakers so Ralph Lauren, Armani watches...are automatic no, no's for me, and

2. I will not pay over $500 for a quartz movement. Anything above that price has to be a mechanical, automatic, tourbillion...

Good strategies or off base?

I wouldn't go as far as making watches as your investment, especially in this day and age. People are saying watches will be obsolete and even though Ilaugh at the thought of that, some consumers are stepping away from it for an iphone or whatever digital gadget there is out there.
The new Ralph Lauren line is surprisingly good. The movements will be provided by JLC, IWC and AP (no 100% ont he last one) so the price will be high butinside is a heart of gold.
I also agree, if you really are looking to getting into watches, you have stay away from Armani, Burberry, KC, etc... However, you also have to learn aboutother brands out there that you may have never heard of, like Stowa, Tissot, Fortis, Sinn, Tudor etc... Those are good and reliable and somewhat affordablewatches. Great for starters.
You can also go with Seiko, Citizen, Hamilton, Oris and Ball as a good starters.
When you get more into watches, then move into Omega, Rolex, IWC, VC, JLC, Zenith, Breitling, Cartier, etc...

rfx these nomos are nice how much do they retail for and pls could repost pics of your portuguese im about to work my a** off to get that watch !!! thx

RFX... I Really want the TAG Heuer Men's Formula 1 Indy 500 Grande Date Chronograph, I saw it on amazon.com for $839 but it say that "warrantytype:amazon.com" is that a big deal? when buying watches? THANKS

Originally Posted by frenchswagg

rfx these nomos are nice how much do they retail for and pls could repost pics of your portuguese im about to work my a** off to get that watch !!! thx

Nomos range from $1,200-$2,200, which isn't bad at all.
http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/nomoswatches.asp
I'll post more pics of the Portuguese when I get home later from work.

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

RFX... I Really want the TAG Heuer Men's Formula 1 Indy 500 Grande Date Chronograph, I saw it on amazon.com for $839 but it say that "warranty type:amazon.com" is that a big deal? when buying watches? THANKS

That really depends. The "Amazon Warranty" just means that any warranty works has to go through them and not directly to Tag Heuer. This could meanthat they have a watchmaker or they send it to an independent watchmaker to fix your problem. While the Tag Heuer Warranty means you send it directly to TagHeuer (or from an AD to Tag) and Tag Heuer works on it themselves. So it will definitely be up to you which way you want to go. The watch you mentioned has avery simple movement so it should be easy to fix, as in any experienced watchmaker should be able to work on it so I think in this case, the Amazon Warranty isgood enough if you do not mind the hassle of sending it in. If it had a much more complicated movement, then I would suggest getting an Manufacturer'sWarranty.

I would still talk to several Tag Heuer AD's in your area though. The watch market is suffering (more specifically LVMH) and they are discounting deeperthan usual. As a matter of fact, people have been receiving $250 coupons from Tag Heuer to be used toward a purchase. Sadly though, I have not received anyyet.

Some stunning time pieces in here. Here are mine, nothing special but get the job done.

2i7n59l.jpg

2rcy1wj.jpg

I'm also looking to get a big face leather joint, but I want the band to be wide, and very soft, the type that wraps around your wrist like those old slapbracelets. Any recommendations in the 150-200 range?

Back
Top Bottom