Posters under 30, do you think the older generation makes us seem worse than we actually are?

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by JuJu

look up the statistics on all the things you're complaining about...
you will see that this generation is much better than the last 2-3
im not talking about statistics, im talking about morals. 2 generations ago black men wore a button up and slacks now cats running around with girbaud to they ankles.  2 generations ago cats weren't trying to get on reality tv to be famous for nothing cause there was no reality tv to make them @+*@ themselves out. 2 generations ago men wanted to be men and not wear skinny jeans. some things need YOUR PERSONAL opinion/analysis and not just regurgitating facts you read online.

a generation is about 20 years....
2 generations ago = 1970's

black culture in 1970's:

sly-stone.gif
uwaifo77_1232113528_crop_400x400.JPG
11.jpg

Jimi_Hendrix.jpg

1970's = higher crime rate, higher drug use, the founding of most black inner city gangs, and the cocaine craze that led up to the crack epidemic in thew 80's

oh....and the popular style wasn't dressing like "men" according to your standards

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
that should straight DEAD any comeback  

look up the statistics on all the things you're complaining about...
you will see that this generation is much better than the last 2-3
im not talking about statistics, im talking about morals. 2 generations ago black men wore a button up and slacks now cats running around with girbaud to they ankles.  2 generations ago cats weren't trying to get on reality tv to be famous for nothing cause there was no reality tv to make them @+*@ themselves out. 2 generations ago men wanted to be men and not wear skinny jeans. some things need YOUR PERSONAL opinion/analysis and not just regurgitating facts you read online.

a generation is about 20 years....
2 generations ago = 1970's

black culture in 1970's:

sly-stone.gif
uwaifo77_1232113528_crop_400x400.JPG
11.jpg

Jimi_Hendrix.jpg

1970's = higher crime rate, higher drug use, the founding of most black inner city gangs, and the cocaine craze that led up to the crack epidemic in thew 80's

oh....and the popular style wasn't dressing like "men" according to your standards

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
that should straight DEAD any comeback  

oh no 5 pictures just makes me want to off myself cause nothing i said has any merit. /sarcasm

oh no 5 pictures just makes me want to off myself cause nothing i said has any merit. /sarcasm

You're crying about the same thing people cried about in the 90's, 80's, 70's,60's,50's....etc.
But in actuality, this generation isn't as bad as the last two. People like you fail to look at the world from an objective viewpoint.

You're crying about the same thing people cried about in the 90's, 80's, 70's,60's,50's....etc.
But in actuality, this generation isn't as bad as the last two. People like you fail to look at the world from an objective viewpoint.

and people like you think you know everything and try and argue opinions...

I think sometimes it is hard to look at things objectively when we are getting all this stuff shoved down our throats 24/7.

Today's generation may seem a lot worse than it did in the past because we live in a time of real time media.  In the past, you didnt find out about stuff the instant it happens, if ever at all. 

I mean, if there were a couple of knuckleheads in Smalltown, USA doing some knuckleheaded activities, what are the chances that it would make tomorrows edition of the NY Times or USA Today?  Probably slim to none.  Same thing happens today, it gets picked up by the local newspaper who also has a web version of their newspaper.  Within days if not hours, it might get picked up and posted on reddit or some other site, then someone on NT would post a link to it which spawns a 5 page thread about it.

I think sometimes it is hard to look at things objectively when we are getting all this stuff shoved down our throats 24/7.

Today's generation may seem a lot worse than it did in the past because we live in a time of real time media.  In the past, you didnt find out about stuff the instant it happens, if ever at all. 

I mean, if there were a couple of knuckleheads in Smalltown, USA doing some knuckleheaded activities, what are the chances that it would make tomorrows edition of the NY Times or USA Today?  Probably slim to none.  Same thing happens today, it gets picked up by the local newspaper who also has a web version of their newspaper.  Within days if not hours, it might get picked up and posted on reddit or some other site, then someone on NT would post a link to it which spawns a 5 page thread about it.

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

their were knuckle heads back in the day that raised just as much hell as kids do today.

tired.gif
but you hear older folks talk and it seems like we are mindless zombies bent on destruction
In the 80's even early 90's you didnt hear about teens and young adults killing people, doing all types of drugs, stealing, all types of illegal stuff as much as you do now.

After like 1998 its gotten worse, its a nationwide problem and its happening in other countries too but it all starts in the U.S. bad or good.

We show the path to not only our future of this country, even others...again good or bad.
Violence and crime is up like 300% something crazy like that.

Alot of people my age are going nowhere, fast and don't care, its sad really.

Late 80's, early 90's kids were getting killed left and right for jordan's and starter jackets. By other kids. If anything, things have gotten a little better since then that time period. But i think !*#% stays the same, just with the innanets and everyone with a video camera on their cell phone, it's a lot worse. 
ILL LEGAL spittin that truf 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

their were knuckle heads back in the day that raised just as much hell as kids do today.

tired.gif
but you hear older folks talk and it seems like we are mindless zombies bent on destruction
In the 80's even early 90's you didnt hear about teens and young adults killing people, doing all types of drugs, stealing, all types of illegal stuff as much as you do now.

After like 1998 its gotten worse, its a nationwide problem and its happening in other countries too but it all starts in the U.S. bad or good.

We show the path to not only our future of this country, even others...again good or bad.
Violence and crime is up like 300% something crazy like that.

Alot of people my age are going nowhere, fast and don't care, its sad really.

Late 80's, early 90's kids were getting killed left and right for jordan's and starter jackets. By other kids. If anything, things have gotten a little better since then that time period. But i think !*#% stays the same, just with the innanets and everyone with a video camera on their cell phone, it's a lot worse. 
ILL LEGAL spittin that truf 
pimp.gif

Your opinion doesn't match up with the facts of the situation.
I'm sorry, maybe you haven't taken any sociology classes yet....or maybe you just don't think very deeply before you form an opinion.

People with such subjective mindsets are the type of citizens politicians love pandering to. 

I'm sorry, maybe you haven't taken any sociology classes yet....or maybe you just don't think very deeply before you form an opinion.

People with such subjective mindsets are the type of citizens politicians love pandering to. 

im way past undergrad son. you best be terrified cause people like me are 1 year away from completing law school. is crime less? yes but im talking about moral choices our kids make. like wanting to be on magazines for getting pregnant or video tape themselves doing crimes to blast on the internet. i dont think you would argue they was using vhs to tape their crimes back in the day with the sole intent to distribute it and incriminate themselves. or hell tattoo nonsense on their faces. but the morals of our kids now a days to starve for attention has gotten worse. we are just talking about different things getting worse. im gonna leave it at that.

im way past undergrad son. you best be terrified cause people like me are 1 year away from completing law school. is crime less? yes but im talking about moral choices our kids make. like wanting to be on magazines for getting pregnant or video tape themselves doing crimes to blast on the internet. i dont think you would argue they was using vhs to tape their crimes back in the day with the sole intent to distribute it and incriminate themselves. or hell tattoo nonsense on their faces. but the morals of our kids now a days to starve for attention has gotten worse. we are just talking about different things getting worse. im gonna leave it at that.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Originally Posted by soltheman

lightskinparty2.jpg

Nah, fam. Our generation sucks.
cries 
frown.gif
 I'm 18, my generation is screwed.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

But seriously every generation has it;s faults coming up, so this is overblown.
man, im 19. and agree with your entire post.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Originally Posted by soltheman

lightskinparty2.jpg

Nah, fam. Our generation sucks.
cries 
frown.gif
 I'm 18, my generation is screwed.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

But seriously every generation has it;s faults coming up, so this is overblown.
man, im 19. and agree with your entire post.

The problems of this country were caused by people older than 30 to be honest. It is the past generation that messed it up for us by being horrible parents, politicians, and people in general.

The problems of this country were caused by people older than 30 to be honest. It is the past generation that messed it up for us by being horrible parents, politicians, and people in general.

Not_Sure_if_Serious-_n1292338719834_.jpg

Not_Sure_if_Serious-_n1292338719834_.jpg

lol.......... 
what are you using as your source on the state of "morals" in the 70's?

lol.......... 
what are you using as your source on the state of "morals" in the 70's?

Back
Top Bottom