POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

you wanna know why this show is trash, after the last 2 season Tariq is still alive somehow.

if this was real life, dude woulda been 6 feet in the ground LONG time ago

They all would be dead. The fact that Tommie is still alive is amazing in itself.

Another thing that made me laugh was when Tommy and Ghost were scoping out where Dre was at, and not even a minute later Tommy hops out the car saying he'll walk. Did Dre even get in his car/down the block yet? :lol:

I know we can go on forever pointing **** like that out with this show at this point. I appreciate what the show was at one point, but there's way too much unintentionally funny moments on here to stop watching.

They should have had Ghost show up right when Kanan took out all the cops and had Riq take out Ghost to show kanan he was down becoming the new ghost

Your taste in television is definitely trash if you think this is a good show.

A lot of these black cenric shows have benefited greatly from #BlackTwitter and social media family watching.

In any other era Power is off the air after season 2

Although I don't love everything about the show, I remain entertained to this day. There are goofy, poorly written white shows like Supernatural that run for years and have big fan bases.

DlpjNPYUYAANqk4.jpg

"Big Rich Town Church" :lol::lol::lol:

You can’t put power in the convo with Sapranos, wire etc simply cuz they don’t follow and execute storylines on this show ...it’s all over the place and they throw random stuff in that doesn’t fit just to wrap a story or push it in another direction

Other shows done seen the story play out without goofy **** being thrown in...that ain’t power, it reminds me of alotta Showtime shows were the story goes off the rails after the 1st couple seasons :lol: :smh:
:lol: It's kinda funny how some people are completely oblivious to issues like this in a tv show, and are unaware that there are actually plenty brilliantly written shows out there. You can watch a bad show because you're invested to this point and want to see how it ends, unless they do something so egregious you have to check out. It's done all the time, folks act like it's some new concept. Power would be in the Sons of Anarchy category.

SOA was like Weeds and Dexter to me. They lasted too long. Same with Walking Dead now.

Power was never great, it just had a market that wasn't being served. Power has always been like Spartacus for me, but not as good.

Power shouldn't be mentioned with Sopranos, The Wire, or Breaking Bad. I thought it had a chance to be on The Shield's level and it's not close to that.

Yikes.

I enjoy Power even with all its faults but it ain't anywhere near the level of those three shows.

Power is in the Empire/Ballers tier of shows.

Power is like watching the BET Awards, you don't expect greatness, you just want to be entertained and talk and laugh at what's going on.

This is a show we love to “hate watch” and I appreciate it in a sense :lol:

Kanan doing broad day missions in a new s550 or Tommy catching bodies in a loud Fancy muscle car always makes me chuckle :lol:.

No stolos, rentals...nothing. Them boys doing crime in their own very nocticable whips :lol:

This is a show we love to “hate watch” and I appreciate it in a sense :lol:

Kanan doing broad day missions in a new s550 or Tommy catching bodies in a loud Fancy muscle car always makes me chuckle :lol:.

No stolos, rentals...nothing. Them boys doing crime in their own very nocticable whips :lol:

No burner phones. Tommy dressed like Batman everyday with a tracker under his car for 2 seasons and not a peep from the feds.

50 got a brand new 550 pulling up to south Jamaica queens. How is he paying utilities in grannies name?

SOA and Power are on the same level as them other classic shows we’ve mentioned or talked about. The problem with most peoples opinions on here, is that the storyline or scenes isn’t realistic. It’s a T.V. Show, not a documentary or reality show. This Show won’t be appreciated until 15-20 years down the line.

The only problem I have with the show, is the guy who plays Tommys characters. His acting skills are subpar sometimes. Seems like he forces it or does to much sometimes. But that makes the show what it is in sense, even though it’s cringe worthy sometimes, lol.

I'd say that the main problem with Power started from the beginning. Seems like they shouldn't have started off with Ghost being a top dog in the game.

Back
Top Bottom