POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

ConcernedWarmAntbear-size_restricted.gif

Playing the long con I see then
More than likely lol.... He actually moving like ghost .... he seem like he care about everybody .... except for Effie ..... she’s back

Give it time. He will. :lol:

But I have a good feeling with this show. I’m lean on this show late this fall/winter to keep me engaged. It looks good so far.

Yeah not gonna say much either but water head is likable more when Ghost not around.

Like was said above, I don’t know how I feel about this. I see the holes in it but I was intrigued.

Y’all just gonna have to hate me for spoiling this but, baby girl is in it and she actually has a whole line. We couldn’t even get that with Ghost around :smh:

I don't know how Saxe doesn't realize if Tariq tells the police he saw him at Truth then Tariq would also put himself at the scene of the crime

Tariq's still a bozo

I was surprised they pulled ma from everybody hates Chris out the woodwork.

Ma def would have been a 1st round choice for me back in those freshman days

Man...Went to throw this on when J noticed Starz isn’t in my package anymore. Of course Comcast customer support is shut down on so I just subscribed and am going to call to get my **** reconfigured tomorrow. I’m really bout apend $27 to watch this **** :lol: :smh:

I’m only halfway in but got to comment...

Never heard of Canonical Studies (no disrespect to all the NT Canonical Studies majors) before this episode and now I’ve heard it dozens of times :lol:

How the hell did Tasha get a deal in ONE DAY after being charged with Murder-One AND the lawyer sniffed out she had an accomplice and that it was Tariq???

Bruh went from HS to college in two weeks? FOH :lol:

Tariq went from from school...to court...back to school...then to court...then to his grandmothers in one morning/afternoon...then went to the strip club at night..back to school...then ran up on Effie? This lil ***** taking a helicopter around the city?

Tariq’s roommate clapping cheeks with the Bike headband and armband on :rofl:

Wasn’t Saxe just unemployed/on the brink of being blackballed?

The cousin and Aunt Monet :wow:

Tariq stays getting all the light skinned yambs. Effie. Lauren. Diana.

Tariq puttibg the squeeze on Davis McLean :lol: Can’t front, that’s a hard move....but Tariq came up with $50k over night? Ok.

17 year old Riq vs The US Attorney’s Office in NY? Not to mention in addition to essentially being second-chair on his mom’s trial, Riq is going to be moving heavy weight AND doing the most difficult major at the university in three years while also doing the work of another student. C’mon man.

power thread :nerd:

Wasnt in here much for the Book "1" but maybe ill check in more often.

Thought the first EP was surprisingly good. Maybe the fresh slate may do the series good

Cast looking decent too

I just got finished watching The Wire again so seeing more of Method Man in a different role :nthat::nthat::nthat:

MJB's family seems like what Tasha wanted her family to be. Maybe how they would have ended up if Ghost didnt get out of jail.

Lauren the Everybody Hates Chris joint. Surprised me lol

Tariq still the GOAT :nthat::nthat::nthat:

Animated GIF

Animated GIF

Yaz got with more lines and screen time in the first few mins of this then she did in all 6 seasons of power. The way they got her aging in the power-verse she’s going to be in college with Riq next seadon

DlIGQdQXoAADk5H

Ghost face in heaven or wherever he at mad as hell they slandering his name making him out to be an abuser.

“Of course he likes basketball.” lol :smh:

Yaz got with more lines and screen time in the first few mins of this then she did in all 6 seasons of power. The way they got her aging in the power-verse she’s going to be in college with Riq next seadon

DlIGQdQXoAADk5H

Ghost face in heaven or wherever he at mad as hell they slandering his name making him out to be an abuser.

“Of course he likes basketball.” lol :smh:
Ghost kicking it in truth drinking that dark again.

Nobody gonna call out how Tasha threw Tommy all the way under the bus knowing this man dipped out. Now her dumbass getting hit with snitch9 charges

Ghost kicking it in truth drinking that dark again.

Nobody gonna call out how Tasha threw Tommy all the way under the bus knowing this man dipped out. Now her dumbass getting hit with snitch9 charges
She don't care. The family is broken. Only thing that would fix it.... is Ghost coming back to life and bailing them all out at the end of Book 4. #BecausePower

She don't care. The family is broken. Only thing that would fix it.... is Ghost coming back to life and bailing them all out at the end of Book 4. #BecausePower
Ghost gonna save Tommy from being killed, bail Tasha out of jail, save water head from whatever tf he going to get himself into and still run for governor after it’s all said and done

Man...Went to throw this on when J noticed Starz isn’t in my package anymore. Of course Comcast customer support is shut down on so I just subscribed and am going to call to get my **** reconfigured tomorrow. I’m really bout apend $27 to watch this **** :lol: :smh:

I’m only halfway in but got to comment...

Never heard of Canonical Studies (no disrespect to all the NT Canonical Studies majors) before this episode and now I’ve heard it dozens of times :lol:

How the hell did Tasha get a deal in ONE DAY after being charged with Murder-One AND the lawyer sniffed out she had an accomplice and that it was Tariq???

Bruh went from HS to college in two weeks? FOH :lol:

Tariq went from from school...to court...back to school...then to court...then to his grandmothers in one morning/afternoon...then went to the strip club at night..back to school...then ran up on Effie? This lil ***** taking a helicopter around the city?

You gotta memba that time in the Power Universe is not subject to the normal constraints and limitations of the regular world. The inhabitants of the Power Universe can accomplish in 30 minutes what it would takes us 30 hours in the regular world to do.

The Power Universe is akin to this place:

1599426610777.png

#PowerTime.

I’m happy to see a lot of the same folks from The Chi thread in here. I swear season 3 of the The Chi was a warmup for this. One episode in and Courtney Kemp already determined to have Lena Waithe hold her beer :lol:

Yo the evolution of that scene had me tight. So in the matter of 60-120 seconds it from....
Tasha looking like she was about to go home...to her getting jammed up on RICO charges under the “Queenpin” :smile:rolleyes ) statute...to Tariq, who JUST finished his first day as an undergrad, advising a world class Lawyer on how he was going to proceed with a case and make a name for himself.

In one episode Tariq
  • Brilliant student - Canonical Studies Major (3-year track and toughest major at the university) and responsible for the Star basketball players coursework
  • Legal professional - Telling Saxe how to handle the case as US Attorney and advising his Method Man how to boost his profile as a NY lawyer
  • Ladies man - Lauren being thirsty, Effie trying to get dicked down one more time and Diana entering the picture
  • Drug dealer - Made $50K in one night having product pushed through a strip club
Tariq the drug dealing student ladies man paralegal.

***** gonna find the cure the COVID. Just wait.

Had to look up Canonical Studies because of this thread (haven't seen the episode yet. Will in a few minutes when I get off work) THIS ***** STUDYING THE BIBLE?!!?!?! HE WANT A DEGREE IN THAT?! I thought he was going to be a Math Major or something :smh: :rofl:

Yes. He needs to graduate in order to get the money in the trust so he chose a 3-year track...in the hardest program...on a subject he will never apply to his real life. That is hustling backwards in every sense. Courtney must just want to sprinkle religious themes throughout the season.

Yes. He needs to graduate in order to get the money in the trust so he chose a 3-year track...in the hardest program...on a subject he will never apply to his real life. That is hustling backwards in every sense. Courtney must just want to sprinkle religious themes throughout the season.
Like how Lena was sprinkling her agenda throughout season 3 of the Chi?

Iykyk

Back
Top Bottom