POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

me too, I think that’s how jukebox becomes one later

Yeah, I felt like she tried to relate to her last episode. Something is probably going to happen to her shorty and she's going to comfort her since she knew how close they were.

That was a Power moment. It's like the writer thought it was some fly **** to do. Like they half way watched mafia movies and The Wire.

They put bodies in vacants and also wrapped them up with lye to help the bodies decompose, not actual apartments being used.
mafia used to put bodies in cement that were part of upcoming construction.

Raq is the worst leader ever. No wonder they're trying to kick her crew out of the equation. She's playing on that role of women not being good leaders because of acting off emotion. How you going to send your most loyal soldier to be an undercover. Any crew could have saw that from a mile away.

Wasn’t the same girl. I thought it was but it wasnt. The girl in there with famous had a pony tail.

Last edited:
That was a Power moment. It's like the writer thought it was some fly **** to do. Like they half way watched mafia movies and The Wire.

They put bodies in vacants and also wrapped them up with lye to help the bodies decompose, not actual apartments being used.
:lol: :lol: yea I thought that was odd. Just put him in the wall no plastic or nothing.

Famous sister / "Lou-Lou is the worst :lol:

She got the BK dude to leave Jukebox girl alone only to tell her to hit the laced weed if she want too :lol:

Street Life (Streets Need a Body) :smokin

And screaming you family I got your back. So you're only family when someone is trying to smash but smoking mo-mo's you're on your own. That's that Power logic.

Last edited:
Too many mothers in the Powerverse, like it's the only way they know how to tell a story.
This show been really been about women in power/making moves, so it makes sense…They just set it in a male dominated business but the terrible moms and other ladies the ones running round crazy the most :lol:

No kid ever had a chance if you go by the parents on this show :smh:

It just seems redundant. Raq got her operation from her dude who got locked up just like Mary. Change it up some. Make it really the family business and that it was passed down from their dad and have him still around in the background for advice.

Have someone in the family good, and not everyone involved. It makes for a predictable show, especially with GRODT and 50 looming.

I read a spoiler for one of the upcoming episodes that I wish I didn't read, but oh well.
I wonder if while during his transition to the menace that we know he becomes, Kanan pulls Famous's card about his credibility.
He seemed incensed during Famous's performance due to him rapping about a life he doe's not participate in.
Jukebox and Nicole's relationship seems so genuine.
As sinister as she becomes, it is difficult to imagine her first love being a suburban white chick.
but, I think that the level of innocence adds to the storyline.
Raq was cold on Symphony man lol, but his heart was in the right place. I wonder how that plays out.
Between K losing his virginity, Marvin finally having some pride in Juke's skills, and Juke finally coming out of her shell, the writers are continuing to increase the emotional value of these characters.
It is a shame that a lot of them are going to meet their demise sooner than later.
Crack kingpins didn't last long, and Raq's organization is probably on the tail end of their run.
Omar Epps storyline is completely unnecessary and adds no value to the show.
It is like an unneeded wrinkle added to make the show seem more complex than it needs to be.
All in all, I think the series has been very fire.

The Kanan and Famous thing is interesting, because you already lost one friend
That eye contact that they made during the performance was very telling, in my humble opinion.
Kanan was utterly disgusted.
In light of the monster that he transitions into, and the fact that Famous has been portrayed as a chatterbox herb in every scene he appears in,
it wouldn't surprise me one bit if his card is pulled by Kanan in embarrassing fashion.
He lost a friend already, and his circle continuing to thin out would just coincide with his continued loss of innocence and his descent into crime.
That "Streets Need a Body" chorus hits a little too close to home as well and may be an indicator that there is continued chatter surrounding D-Wiz's death.
I could see a potential confrontation on that topic, but maybe that thought is a bit ambitious.
I was initially not sold on these character transformations, but I now think that the show is being paced very well.
I am entertained.

I only watched the episode once and was enjoying a J while doing so,
and just caught the "F*ck 4 quarters and 2 dimes" bar in the song.
I thought that Kanan was just disgusted by the content in general
but this dude Famous is dry snitching on the Buck 20 shooting lol

Marvin needs his own spin-off.

That man is comedic gold.

When he brought Kanan to see the dead bodies, his rant had me dying.

The bars, the flow. Damn near flawless

Easily the most entertaining episode of the season.

Nicole, doe :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom