POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

In 2023 an Ivy League undergrad is running you $80K for tuition + room and board + expenses. She MIGHT have gotten financial aid or a scholarship, since she sounded like she needed it, but my whole point last page was that I am 99% sure you have to have your **** paid for before the first day of classes in order to be rostered and officially a part of classes.

Also, she hasn’t been trapping for two years. Time in Power is weird but I am pretty sure we are in Freshman year, second semester maybe Sophomore year, first semester at the latest meaning she has been trapping 4-12 months. Regardless, she would have somehow had to make at least 1 or 2 semester payments prior to this latest episodes debacle.

The question should be where did that money come from and why did it disappear?

Putting way too much thought into the power universe 🤣

This isn’t too far fetched. One of my friend from college had a partial scholarship/financial aid being he was an international student (Afro- French). He had to sit out two semesters. He couldn’t afford it. It went as far as him getting involved with the Dean’s daughter and still couldn’t do anything financially. It was about $25-$30K annually.

He came back to school the following semester - I hooked him up with a connect - sold for the entire two years - helped paid for school, cash (dude had to literally break down everything and sandwich bag his way through). Definitely had a system that worked. Eventually he landed a full scholarship with JP Morgan and went off to Harvard (JP Morgan funded it).

Dude brought me a set of Vera Wang champagne flutes and a Burberry tie for a graduation gift - that I still have to this day.

Good times :lol:

Now I think about it - I did that for another friend of mine in college. RIP to Tory (May Allah have mercy on your soul).

Last edited:
Anyhow, Effie should be making enough to pay for tuition unless she trying to stack on top of that tuition. Especially when they were selling wholesale :lol:

But she’s kind of right - not much profit can be made from one brick (especially when she has a network and overhead). I remember Freeway Rick said he had to sell millions of coke just to see $400K profit but that cause he had a big overhead situation.

So the deal with Nora, what’s the split again? Or, majority profits goes to Nora?

Last edited:
Putting way too much thought into the power universe 🤣

Dog - no lie, I dozed off shortly after typing that post and I swear to god that I had an Effie-centric dream. Woke up thinking she was sitting next to me :lol:

This isn’t too far fetched. One of my college friend from college had a partial scholarship/financial aid being he was an international student (Afro- French). He had to sit out two semesters. He couldn’t afford it. It went as far as him getting involved with the Dean’s daughter and still couldn’t do anything financially. It was about $25-$30K annually.

He came back to school the following semester - I hooked him up with a connect - sold for the entire two years - helped paid for school, cash (dude had to literally break down everything and sandwich bag his way through). Definitely had a system that worked. Eventually he landed a full scholarship with JP Morgan and went off to Harvard (they paid for).

Dude brought me a set of Vera Wang champagne flutes and a Burberry tie for a graduation gift - that I still have to this day.

Good times :lol:

Now I think about it - I did that for another friend of mine in college. RIP to Tory (May Allah have mercy on your soul).

That’s dope for your boy! There’s a million ways to get it and he found one :pimp: One of my goals has always been to get a scholarship popping off. The issues I’ve been struggling with is the number (full vs an arbitrary partial) but the bigger one isn’t handing one out today but when I would get to the point that I’d have four running concurrently for the rest of my life :wow:

Thank you for providing a real life example of the scholarship/financial aid situation to start then not panning out. To be clear, my issue wasn’t with the idea of her trapping to pay for her tuition. My issue was with the execution where they had her in classes and on campus for weeks with unpaid tuition/room+board.

I guess the only reason I care so much about this particular plot hole is that is that it’s an area I am knowledgeable in and passionate about. Like a half hour conversation would have their writing room right but they know they can do whatever they want #BecausePower

FB_IMG_1682883922352.jpg

In 2023 an Ivy League undergrad is running you $80K for tuition + room and board + expenses. She MIGHT have gotten financial aid or a scholarship, since she sounded like she needed it, but my whole point last page was that I am 99% sure you have to have your **** paid for before the first day of classes in order to be rostered and officially a part of classes.

Also, she hasn’t been trapping for two years. Time in Power is weird but I am pretty sure we are in Freshman year, second semester maybe Sophomore year, first semester at the latest meaning she has been trapping 4-12 months. Regardless, she would have somehow had to make at least 1 or 2 semester payments prior to this latest episodes debacle.

The question should be where did that money come from and why did it disappear?
In response to the whole how Effie paying for school talk, remember she was sellin at the high school with Waterhead and got him kicked out. Then she was at Yale (I think) in season 1 and started moving weight with Waterhead at Stansfield. But like y’all said, where all her money going now days is a mystery also what happened to her old connect and why she don’t get product from them no more

In response to the whole how Effie paying for school talk, remember she was sellin at the high school with Waterhead and got him kicked out. Then she was at Yale (I think) in season 1 and started moving weight with Waterhead at Stansfield. But like y’all said, where all her money going now days is a mystery also what happened to her old connect and why she don’t get product from them no more

Honestly, the time between seasons due to COVID and ridiculousness made me forget they even went to Choate together or her Yale situation :lol: You’re right, though.

Also, what happened to the zesty white dude Simon who worked with Ghost that was basically responsible for getting Riq into Stansfield and was kind of like the steward of Riq’s trust?

Honestly, the time between seasons due to COVID and ridiculousness made me forget they even went to Choate together or her Yale situation :lol: You’re right, though.

Also, what happened to the zesty white dude Simon who worked with Ghost that was basically responsible for getting Riq into Stansfield and was kind of like the steward of Riq’s trust?

Talkin bout the Captain of the titanic?

They just killed him earlier this season, Riq stabbed him

Princess Di with no situational awareness about to eff the family (s/o to Dom Toretto) getting hemmed up cause off the camera

The whole people figuring things out in 2 mins has to stop.

That’s just like a Maryland *** ***** to claim somewhere he ain’t from.

Dude must not have been getting quality yambs or wasn’t smashing at all because whipped isn’t the word for him. Waterhead wasn’t even pressed over her after the first hit

That class gotta go. All they do is point fingers and play blame games. Bring back fine *** Carrie and her actual assignment’s

Effie with the Cuban bright as day in the financial office while asking for an extension is crazy. Also aren’t some schools charging per credit hour, so if she only has this 1 class you’d think tuition would be cheaper.

Does MJB have to get in character or is she like this outside the show? Even her text come off as angry and with attitude

The way that Davis and his brother storyline went to waste is ridiculous because it didn’t need to continue past the first season

Braydon getting pissed for being used when he’s being used by the Tejadas still and the only thing he was getting out of it was a pass to be “hood”. Mans is moving weight and also ready to be a whistleblower for what exactly? You’re rich, wealthy and privileged. Waterhead tryna save his family while Wee bray wants to destroy his.

The way that truce ish was handled, Ghost would never.

I think dude who Waterhead killed said Simon dumped him and went overseas with someone else

Back
Top Bottom