POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

i think that i'm just going to stop coming into this thread. Like literally every post is about how bad everyone thinks the show is. People in here make crazy statements and sometimes are completely wrong and have no idea what they are talking about. No one in here is a writer and if so then show me your work and why its better. Ill wait! Its not that hard to follow a show and talk about what happened. Obviously you like it or you would not keep watching period. IDC if u liked the 1st two seasons or not there's no way i'm gonna keep watching a show i don't like idc if i been watching for 100 seasons. If 101 starts trash i'm not gonna continue to watch. I used to like coming in here to see everyone's different views and opinions on where the show will go or what has happened, but for the past 2 years this thread has been nothing but whiners SMH

i think that i'm just going to stop coming into this thread. Like literally every post is about how bad everyone thinks the show is. People in here make crazy statements and sometimes are completely wrong and have no idea what they are talking about. No one in here is a writer and if so then show me your work and why its better. Ill wait! Its not that hard to follow a show and talk about what happened. Obviously you like it or you would not keep watching period. IDC if u liked the 1st two seasons or not there's no way i'm gonna keep watching a show i don't like idc if i been watching for 100 seasons. If 101 starts trash i'm not gonna continue to watch. I used to like coming in here to see everyone's different views and opinions on where the show will go or what has happened, but for the past 2 years this thread has been nothing but whiners SMH
Yea everybody crying about the writing is annoying. Complaining is the norm now so once one person does it everybody is gonna jump on that bandwagon.

They about to attack you but you got a point.
This show isn't above critisim, but it's a few cats in here who's comments are always negative, you don't like the show but keep tuning in, it's weird :lol:

I legit think a few of y'all watch the show out of spite, mad as hell just talking to ya TV, "Courtney think she so smart, I seen this **** coming since season 1." :lol: The show is so dumb, but cats always patting themselves on the back, because they guessed something correctly. :lol:

Nah, nah. The show is flat out getting sloppy, period. They are going against what these characters have been for majority of the show. Throwing random storylines together. I tried to not criticize the show last year but some **** you can't ignore.

Based on what 50 posted on IG with new deal he's going to get 3 more of his series on Starz probably with BMF being next

looks like you did what your avy suggested :rofl:

yall think 50 bout to put that fat annoying IG dude on power?

Been looking forward to the BMF series since he announced it. He got Meech's blessing, hope they don't mess it up.

50 better not be casted in this **** neither, you know he can't play the background at all, ***** prolly going to try to play T or someone else close to Meech. :lol:

Just finished watching the finale. I'm hyped for how it's about to pop off next season.

had to pull receipts

this post shows the exchange we all had about Tariq

Very long post

Tariq now knows he's not about that life .... want to go away. LoL

IMG_0977.JPG

I'm just waiting to see if tariq will become a cold blooded killer and see how dre is positioning tate

I didn't take it as he was shook he just didn't find it necessary to rape the lady which is true

also if he was shook he could tell his dad to handle it

he just played it wrong

He was definitely shook. Boy out here tryna move to another state for school just to get away :lol:

My point wasn't whether he was shook or not, even though he clearly was...

he was def caught off guard at the potential rape and saying he was shook after she died doesn't say much, he thought he was next

Caught off guard? :lol: He a kid, the lil _ was scared when he saw how real criminals get down.

yeah, caught off guard and shook go hand in hand

I assume they're showing how a kid can get turned out and put in the game

I don't see him stopping

Observations from last episode:
- Tariq wants to be a tough guy whose down for armed robbery but not rape? If you're down, you need to be down for whatever. No need for half-way crooks.
- I hate Tariq's whole storyline and I hate the who 'misguided teenager trope' in movies and TV shows. It's overdone.

I said that earlier and people tryna kill me over it

#1 rule to burglary is get in and out (pause)

you don't do more than what the job calls for

people tryna lump this into bout whatever

no

I been telling people this for the last few pages

tariq is in the game

they're already showing it

people keep talking bout him going thru his rebellious stage....no

I actually thought he was gonna make a move on the two dudes that ray ray killed

shorty he messing with might be his tasha

If they tryna turn Tariq into mini Ghost this show really bout to fall off. He already got 2 innocent people killed, he's dumb and naive. **** would be comical.

Good catch, I totally missed that.

-Tariq too stupid to be anything near what Ghost is

the way he stole the shoes out the store

not snitching when it looked like ray ray was arresting him

how he set up the robberies and how wore certain clothes for em

the overall outcomes just backfiring on him but he's showing what he's capable of

Stealing shoes? :lol:
We giving a rich kid credit for stealing some Jordans?

If the overall outcome is innocent people are dying cuz you (your own sister) and you ain't fully jumped off the porch yet, that life ain't for you.

What kid hasn't stolen shoes lol.

Y'all giving Tariq too much credit.

That's the storyline...he's going to be looking at mirrors being Tariq and Little N for the rest of the show.

His son and Tariq were both pretty stupid.

I did ... Now shut up ... he didn't kill him for many reason... you need t9 go back and watch the show ....

every bodies mad at tariq but I can tell they're showing how a ghost is made

they're showing how you get someone who is like ghost, who better than his son?

these kingpins aren't just born

they're showing how a kingpin type person comes up

ghost wasnt ever a punk bro. dudes messes up licks. dude abuses his sister both physically and verbally. watches her get murked. dude is a lean addict. a liar and a coward. if son is a ghost, hes casper.

which leads me to the other point I wanted to make

ghost has major imperfections

1 ignores his family
2 acts off emotion
3 head over hills with the woman tryna lock his crew and him up
4 too forgiving with tommy
5 has yet to realize that square money is no cleaner

1. has a lot going on both home and business wise
i don't think he ignores
just aint fully focused

2. eh most drug dealers or ex drug dealers do honestly

3. most dudes are head over hills in love with thots and garden tools......

4. tommy forgives ghost for **** he does too
i like the dynamic
like at the beginning of the series i wasn't to sure
but they REALLY got love for each other
and REALLY do ltreat and act like brothers
so i cant get mad when they let stuff slide on one another

5. most people don't know that till they in that corporate world

Well, those imperfections are driving plots for the show, what more do you want? If he was perfect, there would be no show. As for the Tariq comparisons, Tariq is nowhere near his father at his age. He makes continuous stupid decisions, and can't sell drugs. He's not a criminal in the slightest or shows any promise in being one. The first person he should be loyal to in life-his sister, he watched get killed and didn't even make a noise to distract the shooter.

I was drawing parallels to tariq and ghost and showing that ghost isn't on some unreachable level

he's making blatant mistakes on the biggest stage and we don't know how ghost moved as a child to say he was way smarter than his son

Man Ghost was Mr. Untouchable until Angela came back into his life. I'm pretty sure he was way smarter than Tariq.

lol, no one is born a marine

you have to train

he's in training (tariq)

I said that pages back

it's already treading that way

I can see tariq killing ray ray or kanan and ghost teaming up to kill ray ray and dre

Riq aint no killa b.

I know boys like him...down to a degree but they ain't bout that murder play.

Riq can barely bust a nut he damn sure ain't about to bust no gun...

I just think its stupid since she isn't even an important character. Just like her baby sister, she offers absolutely nothing to the show. Her absence will not be noticed.

True. But Ghost didn't have all these problems before Angie came along. He got sidetracked and thrown off. Especially since he had to do so much to keep his true self hidden from her.

Meh. I stand by what i said. Dude aint new ghost. Sure he murked way way with the shaky hands. Also let his sis get popped in front of him and aint say a word.

And..truth be told..dont even know if he wouldve popped dude if he aint go for his burner. Reek dropped his hand to his side. It wasnt in cold blood it was self defense at that point.

Im not sold.

Like I said some people could see they were forcing this tariq going bad thing. I been calling him thug Tariq the past 2 seasons. Some people just think it's pointless and bad writing.

idc what any one says. 50 likeable af. dude is hilarious. always trolling. always roasting. prolly still down to put a dude in the headlock. always sounds like he's in the middle of a joke lmaooo. plus bro is about his biz.

50 >>>>>>> jay

Seriously....

Who are you?

lol girl bye.

just showing the convo

plenty of people in those quotes def disagreed
What you quote me for? Clearly i Was talking about other **** that happen right after an episode or Kannan not killing them ..

Thanks for your insight nostradamus

Last edited:
I don't regret what I said about Tariq at the time. That's what was shown. Where he is now was basically an accident :lol:. What if Ghost, Tommy, and Tasha didn't get there in time to teach him how to cover up what he did. Boy would be gone af. Now that the cat is fully out the bag of what they do, now they can train him. But up until that point, he was doing dumb ****. I'm not gonna pretend I saw potential in criminal Tariq, but I guess him being guilty about his sister getting killed will manifest in a different way.

I'd give her the cromarte numbered seeds.

She'd be hard pressed getting me to stop eating that thang. Let her clamp me down

Thoughts on the finale:

- Tommy needs to get a more low-key car for stakeouts. Dude is trying to lurk on folks and be covert in a loud, one of a kind muscle car :lol:.
- I think the showrunners are expecting too much of the audience in order to us to accept Ghost, Tommy and Kanan being friends again. Didn't Kanan kidnap Tariq twice? Didn't Kanan steal millions of dollars from Tommy and kill his homie at the stash house? I understand that he helped save Tariq from Jukebox (not really because he's the reason Tariq was in that situation in the first place, but whatever) but if I were Ghost and Tommy I wouldn't want to kill Kanan anymore but I would NEVER be cool with him again.
- I like the dirty City councilman storyline and I want to see how it plays out next season. Stern warned Ghost and Ghost tried to play Stern but now he's the one getting played.
- I don't understand by Tasha is taking the charge for Tariq, why even tell the lawyer? At least wait for the cops to file charges?
- Low key, on shows like this I think about if these were real people. Imagine if you go to school with Tariq and you see this family with a dad who beat murder charge, a son who brought a gun to school, a daughter who got shot dead on school grounds and now a mother whose gonna be on trial for murder. I'd be like "Ok, son please don't talk to the St. Patricks....ever!" :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom